The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Only as an affectation intended to evoke a UK tone. (Google ‘Saturday Night Live Cheeky Monkey’)

2 Likes

I like to lock eyes with random gym members while doing this and make noises of bombs exploding.

4 Likes

I do it every day as a challenge to everyone to approach me, so I can absorb them for protein and gains.

5 Likes

Agreed–so tacky. That’s why I never pose when I pull my pants down in the gym. I just stand there, and like @Bauber, lock eyes with random gym members.

10 Likes

There’s a kid, can’t be much older than 16, that goes to my gym and has been going to the gym for a whole two months and constantly flexs in the mirror after ever set of every exercise. Hikes up his shorts, pulls up his shirt the whole nine yards. I’d find it more amusing than obnoxious if he hadn’t have bumped into people (including myself) trying to find the right angle and lighting and being completely unaware of his surroundings

2 Likes

Somewhat related, I have a bunch of turkeys in my yard. Every so often one will see its reflection in my garage window and Bonk its head off the glass till it feels victorious.

12 Likes

It goes:

• top off then
  • pants off then
  • most muscular and if that asshole is still there
  • start headbutting.
4 Likes

“You talkin’ to me??”

11 Likes

I would lift with you, it would be like those Dom and Bradley Martin videos where the smaller guy has to out alpha his gym rival.

3 Likes

I’ve lifted with women, kids, extremely strong well known powerlifters, bodybuilders, and everywhere in between.

I love lifting with anyone that shares a passion for the iron. Your strength level or advancement is irrelevant.

9 Likes

I don’t mean a poke at your disposition towards fellow gym members. I was more imagining lifting at the same time, same location as you, staring you down and screaming while lifting. Which is also sarcasm, I’m sure you’re nice please don’t squish me.

1 Like

You’re an absolute hulk. Goal physique tbh

1 Like

You had me at lifting and screaming.

1 Like

That’s the kind of confidence missing in the world! (But quite present in prisons, I hear.) :wink:

1 Like

I hate hearing people say “I compete when I hit X” (mostly related to strongman or powerlifting).
I hate it when said people are able to tell me what they need to hit in order to get some sort of record in something before they have ever stepped foot on a platform.

“If you are only going to compete when you know you will win - we would only need one competitior” - German strongman legend Heinz Ollesch (well I losely translated it/ not a direct quote)

3 Likes

These are people with immense egos that cannot risk the possibility of having it shattered. They’d rather be a hero in their own mind than average in a real competition.

5 Likes

Which makes them cowards in my eyes. Either proof yourself or shut up.
We have a great saying for this in Germany “entweder scheißen oder runter vom Pott!” - it means “either shit or get up from the pot! [as a synonym for toilet]”

I also realized this is the equivalent of “I would have gone pro if it wasn’t for my bum knee!”

To be clear: I don’t care if someone doesn’t want to compete. That’s fine. Competing is hard and everything and not everyone likes it or gets joy and satisfaction out of it.

4 Likes

We have the same saying in America, and yes, it means the same thing :grin:

1 Like

From April 12th:

Today:

2 Likes

Had a hard day at work. Decided to stop at the store on my way home. Walked around looking for dinner ideas and picked up a pint of Ben and Jerrie’s. By the time I was home, it was gone.

4 Likes