The Flame-Free Confession Thread

The last few instances where I’ve just been quiet, one person in particular thought I was a bit mentally unstable and the entire staff still doesn’t even know my name despite there a being a rectangular, white name tag right on my chest.

True, we’re all gonna die. But I’ve always been a happy go lucky optimist, but it’s equally paired with cynicism and a dash of nihilism. And the two clash. Hard. I’m always giving a shit about others, and being patient and understanding, even if I don’t know them at all and having these involuntary yet enjoyable bouts of being happy with a big dose of “FUCK YEA”. But I also just don’t care. Like at all.

I also don’t think it helps that I’m small. People think just because I’m 5 foot I’m “cute and harmless”. Yea, I’ll harmlessly take a chunk of your neck out. Lol. Aside from the “OMG CAN I TOUCH YOUR HAIR ITS SO COOL!”, I also get, “WOW, you’re so short!” Que aforementioned topic I just ranted about being brought up.

HOWEVER, the folks in there aren’t even a quarter of the way able to ground themselves in any of their thinking or living. Like any. And I don’t really wish to be apart of a group. Not that I’m purposefully trying to or anything. I just like being myself.

I didn’t really go through any of the “ethical” training, because my face said “I just need extra money to catch up on my rent”, throughout the entire interview.

Idk. When it comes to the racial thing, people who make a big deal about skin color, make a big deal out of nothing, regardless of if its well intended or not.

The ultimate form of acceptance, through my eyes, is not giving a damn about melanin percentages or lacktherof in people, and caring about all the other principles of character that can’t be categorized by…that whole thing. I’m here to brew coffee and give it to people.

Asking me every 10 mins if “I’m okay”, is a sad ironic situation, because people constantly thinking that any vulnerabilities I do have is related to the fact that I’m some shade of brown, is actually making me not okay.

But after I came home from work today, my brain did a Ctrl, Alt, Delete move as soon as my husband came home, so there’s that. I get straight up short turn memory loss, because my husband just sucks up all of my attention, because my emotions declare right then and there that he’s the most interesting thing. Ever. Lol

3 Likes

That’s a relief lol.

I think it’s just the mentality in Texas. Whatever trends do trickle down South we either deem it stupid, or we completely become the trend.

I’d like to have an outside job. Sweat and do stuff with my hands. So far the applications I sent over the months haven’t been received so I just keep sending more to hiring places.

I don’t mind gym jobs either.

I think doing manual labor to whatever degree cuts out people feeling the need to talk about stupid crap lol.

Lol. It’s actually Eminence Front (sounds like little red shirt).

Purple neck brace is Pearl Necklace by ZZ Top.

When you’re seventeen and high AF, it makes perfect sense.

2 Likes

Ohh No. Quite the opposite.

Popular topics on any job site include but are not limited to:

The humongous dump I just took.

The humongous dump he just took.

Who lit the toilet paper on fire?

Look at that fuckin’ bug!

and the all time favorites- He’s an asshole

followed closely by - You don’t know shit.

There are variations on the themes, but that pretty much covers my last 28 years of conversations with adults at work.

12 Likes

Someone better alert me to a bug. Especially the big ones. You probably don’t like me if you just let a bug give me an anxiety attack and you saw it lol

I’d much rather have a conversation about any of those topics though lol

1 Like

I like those conversations. Beats talking about politics. Add some sport and we’re golden.

2 Likes

Yeah man, you forgot sports talk, and also commenting on absolutely every arse on the random chicks that rarely walk past, even if said arses are not so good.

2 Likes

I gotta confess, and this always pisses people off when I say it…

I’ve never made it through a full song by ZZ Top lol.

“'scuse me, while I kiss this guy!”

1 Like

I never could get into Hendrix but I love ZZ Top.

1 Like

Flame free,
I dont know how to use the quote function in the replies section here on tnation
Its all witchcraftery to me

2 Likes

On phone, highlight the text you want to quote and a ‘quote’ option should pop up. Not sure about pc though.

Edit: highlight as in hold finger on the word and drag the highlight over the other words.

Same thing. Highlight the text and a “Quote” box pops up

OK, my outdoor sporting place sound easy. Talk include, up coming hike, clients silliness, bugs, broken bones/accidents, new sports…

The staff average aged is 42 but we have a lot of 16 to 22 and a lot of 35 plus.
And co worker bribing with game meat for the right to hunt on my farm.

1 Like

Duuuuuude the first 2 ZZ Top albums are insane.

Fuck the shit they did in the 80s with synths - it’s all about those first couple of albums.

4 Likes

If you like that, you’ll love…

Such an awesome performance. I doubt any other 3 piece could sound as full as that.

3 Likes

Did anyone ever go through that awkward high school/middle school phase. I was rummaging around old pictures and oh my gosh. I found this picture. My hair. Like…I just. Omg. Lol it was fire pink.

1 Like

Yeah I had pretty long hair through the middle of high school until one day one of my mates thought I was a chick that had lost her top in the swimming pool. I had got out of the pool and heard a whistle, when I turned around and saw the look of disappointment and a partially concealed semi, I knew that it was time to cut my hair off.

2 Likes

Good choice picking hair.

5 Likes