The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I’ve worked with a few people who I am quite certain are pure psychopaths, but to me that’s less about evil because evil implies some sort of malevolent intent and those people really only had any time for their own ends. They might do evil things but they’d just as freely do a “good” thing if it benefited them more or faster…

All that flexing for the wife must be maintaining the bicep peak!!

1 Like

So…People are really worried about eating too much fruit?

1 Like

Yep. It’s fucking stupid.

2 Likes

You guys must just not be good at overeating.

I’ll overeat Styrofoam if left to my own devices.

10 Likes

People are just driven by emotion and then have a part of them which judges/rationalises the behaviour later. We also do this with other’s behaviour.

Once you view the world like this, it’s harder to get upset at people behaving like people. If you look at their actions as good and bad it’s very easy to get upset… and then do something equally bad (it’s easy to justify being a dick to a person you have judged as a bad person, just look at social media)

1 Like

So…

I’ve gone off the deep end because I wish to be paid more than 7$ an hour.

I was honestly hoping Starbucks was going to be a chill weekend/summer job until I returned to class.

It’s been a week since I started working and if I hear one more argument over gluten, reasons why people think Oregon or Washington are the “it” states to live in, taking pictures of your food, Social justice, or anymore shit about how people will base their entire relationships on someone’s/their astrological sign, im going to take those gallon tin cans of hot ass coffee and drown myself in it.

The hell is wrong with people my age. None of that shit matters. And just because you know how to brew a caramel machiatto, w/ skim milk, two pumps of syrup, light cream, and cinnamon sprinkled on top still won’t make all these trivial “issues” important.

Leave it to 20 something year olds to argue about nothing, and then get mad and argue some more because no ones arguing about anything. And why the hell does it seem like Starbucks is the main place where this happens? I don’t give a shit about the Indie Rock band you heard of for a month, and your determination to make people “woke” to hidden talents.

11 Likes

I see this a lot and wonder the same thing. I’m a muscular(ish) 86kg and I put on weight if I regularly go over 2500 calories. Granted I sit on my arse for work, but I hit the gym daily and I can’t imagine working as a trainger would be burning an EXTRA 4500 calories a day, at least not once you are used to the workload.

I think its the fitness world version of the ‘my bedtime is later than yours’ that you do with your friends when you are 9. I do think it’s a point of pride for them, like it proves how fit and active they are, or indicates how much muscle mass their metabolism has to support.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with this to a point, most people over exaggerate and it makes them seem more hardcore to be eating 5000 cals, not to mention people guessing at there intake and not actually counting. I believe that’s what happens 80% of the time.

There are some people that genuinely need to eat a large amount though, unfortunately I am one of them. I would never use it as a brag though as it sucks donkey balls.

1 Like

Find a job in a fitness place (gym/store) or outdoor place. I have a lot of fun with my new job. Every one is happy for their up and coming project.

I can assure you, nobody that is ‘woke’ or whatever word kids use these days, drinks Starbucks in Oregon.

Washington is another story. Those hippies willl drink that nasty shit because it started in their state.

Also… nobody actually like stumptown coffee anymore. Unlike WA that worships their goddess, we don’t appreciate sell outs. (Stumptown selling to Peets).

I drink the free coffee from the local convenience store. I rarely buy it because it’s not very good, but it’s free when I’m on duty (store policy) so that’s what I drink.

2 Likes

Same here.

I display a lot of self-disparaging humor when it comes to this subject to make light of the pretty shitty feeling of gagging during at least 2 meals a day and feeling like ass all bloated and full every waking hour. Perhaps it’s taken the wrong way.

I’m actually sat in front of a big bowl of potatoes right now coming close to gagging!

Has anyone ever tried blending potatoes into a smoothie?

No, but I did try blending a tuna shake after reading that deepsquatter site a long time ago. It didn’t end well.

1 Like

You could use instant potato flakes.

I HATE potatoes. The texture makes me gag.

My favorite high carb meal is getting a dinner portion of pad Thai and adding a side of rice. Rice and noodles together are :heart_eyes:. Also, if I’m in the mood for Hawaiian/teriyaki, I’ll have extra rice and Mac n cheese.

Edit: rice in spaghetti is delicious too. Every culture that has a noodle dish, add rice.

I bet not :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

My wife once recorded me during my daily routine of drinking an enormous weigh gain shake straight from the blender since I want the ordeal to be over ASAP.

She’s outside the kitchen giggling to herself and makes me listen to it.

It went something like,

“(Chug)…Uggh…(chug)… uggggh… (chug)… ARRRH FUCK… (chug)… yuck!!.. (chug)… LIGHT WEIGHT MOTHERFUCKER!!!”

7 Likes

I have never tried potatoes, but can’t imagine it being much better than the beets I did try… .:nauseated_face: Just couldn’t get it down :joy: