The Flame-Free Confession Thread

As someone trying to learn how to slap some funky tunes on bass, all these posts have been seriously helpful/inspirational. Thank you all

1 Like

I’m just waiting for someone to start conversation about violin playing. I’ve been playing since elementary, but I can’t read sheet music so all of my learning is auditory. I mean I can technically read the sheet music, but for whatever reason, even hours of memorizing the sheet music, and as soon as I go to play the brain to eye to hand connection just severs all over again.

Espeacially just reading music as a “follow along” type thing. All I see is jumbled up stuff.

I just keep finger stickies if the song is new, and loop whatever measure I need to learn and play by ear.

Can’t wait to get my hands on an electric one though. I have a regular acoustic one in storage, but everything about it is very old and it sounds like nails scratching lol

Im always looking up violin covers on youtube, that OG one released about 10 years ago with the cover of “sweet child 'o mine” is insane

1 Like

ANYONE who can cover sweet child o mine on violin is amazing in my book.

The first snippet I ever learned. Well heard, was the “Party like a rock star” intro. And I just HAD to figure out how to play it. And for like some weeks I would walk around the house with my phone looped, so all you’d hear was “Party like a rockstar t-t-totally duuuuuuude”. Lol

I’ve been getting more and more drawn in with distortion sounds. There’s so much you can do with that.

I absolutely love this dude with his cover. Apologies if EDM or dance music isn’t your thing.

And these guys are one of my favorites too:

The beginning of this song has that lively “We will Rock you”, type of one-two rhythm.

1 Like

Oh no, now I’ll be thinking of sexy violinists all day again! Something about a foxy young lady playing a violin just does it for me :drooling_face: :joy:

Edit: just scrolled down and sore 2 dudes playing violins. That’s just not right. I don’t care if that’s sexism but guys shouldn’t play violin just like women shouldn’t vote!

Lmao

2 Likes

I only saw the clips of the guys and then I saw:

Couldn’t say I was surprised, I was just curious about how long it took you to be that comfortable about your sexuality.

Then I read this:

And though “poor guy is still very confused”

1 Like

You seem to be jumping to this conclusion a fair bit lately, perhaps there is something you wanna tell us?

Generally yes, I am. However regarding this topic I’m pretty sure of my preference and unfortunately (for you) it doesn’t involve any of your 9 inches! Sorry mate.

2 Likes

Is this a euphemism for something else ? Like a flesh oboe ?

You like Koreapersons?

2 Likes

@Basement_Gainz way ahead of ya mate, Lindsay Stirling is my wife/hostage. She is such a babe!

@simo74 would a flesh violin work?

@dt79 she is pretty sexy but I’m not so sure about electric violins! Call me old fashioned but I think I prefer the acoustic variety. They were some wild tunes she was blasting out.

1 Like

Da fuck? Are you going to fuck the chick or the violin?

7 Likes

You may have a weirder kink than the guy who only likes muscular girls.

2 Likes

She’s a geared player. Irish must like raw players.

3 Likes

Electric = Not Natty!

2 Likes

Its hard to say. I’m not an expert at finding fake-nattys, but she definitely isn’t raw.

1 Like

Way to de-rail a topic Irish lol

1 Like

Alright, back to violins!

These chicks are pretty hot.

2 Likes

(OFF current subject)

I think younger guys get so wrapped up in creating the Illusion of size that they fail to actually create size.

4 Likes

Guilty