The Flame-Free Confession Thread

He’s awesome. I believe he was featured on Groove is in the heart by Deee-Lite as well. (A more recent pop-culture reference for those not quite as old as us.)

1 Like

Bootsy fucking who? Check this dude out. Flea runs in terror from his slapping.

Wait until the 4 minute mark. Sweet merciful christmas I can promise you’ve never seen anything like it. It just gets more and more insane.

EDIT: admittedly the tune is totally rank but the bass work is unbelievable.

4 Likes

Wicked

Look at his jawline. Roids!

1 Like

Whatever. Guys like you just don’t like to admit there’s guys out there who can play bass like that natty.

You think a natty can play slap bass like that and not overtrain? LMAO!

1 Like

listen, kid; stick to the reddit subforums where everyone cries “roids!” every time they see someone slap a triplet.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. I know loads of guys who use steroids who don’t even look like they play bass.

5 Likes

Can’t leave this guy out of a conversation about bassroids-

Hey baby… HEY BABY!

Primus are brilliant. So fucking weird.

EDIT: Geezer Butler is probably my personal favourite bass player.

They are. I love that freak show though.

They’ll be here next month and I’m trying to convince the wife that she needs to see them.

I like guys like Geezer and Jack Bruce too. No big flair, but rock solid rhythm and big heavyness. Guy Pratt was also great with Pink Floyd. I saw them in 1988? and that dude made the entire stadium shake like a bowl of jello.

I pretty sure I know what thread has made you feel this way…
I think part of the problem is guys whom are down on them selves or in life in general or those that have emotional/mental issue have some misguided notion . That achieving some physical goal at any cost will somehow make everything better.

1 Like

This, combined with the “facebook effect” of believing that everyone else must be having these REALLY awesome and constantly positive lives because these are the things people choose to share. People seem to think the natural state for humans is “happy”, rather than just a sorta existential neutral.

4 Likes

I’m naturally happy. It’s a choice ya know.

1 Like

I have seen your jaw; nothing about you is natural.

4 Likes

Damn, you got me.

How about, I naturally take ‘stuff’ that makes me happy?

4 Likes

That’s amazing dude.

His sound is very robust and strong. Love it.

Not to be a party pooper or anything, but I don’t think one bass style of music is better than the other, or one bass player is better than the other. It comes down to style. And there’s a plethora of them.

Bass rifts coupled in rock and roll sounds, don’t sound like bass riffs in funk/jazz sounds. The sounds of bass riffs in Brazilian, Spanish, and other Latino based music genres sound completely unique all their own.

If I had my way I’d take all the hidden and well known talented bassists in every genre I could possibly think of, get them in a giant auditorium and mash up some works of art specifically just for me. I appreciate all of it really.

But imagine these two doing a mashup/Collab:

The distortion sounds mixed with the more poppy/faster rhythm would be breathtaking.

2 Likes

MORE! I NEED MORE! Lol

1 Like

When I run into someone who clearly tries to live the continuously happy life… it’s difficult not to punch then in the throat.

1 Like

Watch Les take his quirky little tune, move a bunch of the bass line to the guitar, add a bunch of funk and make it sound like it was born a country song:

1 Like