The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Further proof that love can overcome any language barrier.

6 Likes

If the Fed Ex doesn’t bring my Metabolic Drive today we are going to have a serious problem. Make the ass chewing Saturday look like nothing! Said he couldn’t deliver it because the customer was unavailable. WHAT???

FML… my oldest son at the rate hes going is going to blow my best ever Deadlift out of the water not too far down the road. Not sure how I am suppose too feel.

4 Likes

Just remember inflation applies to both money and PRs.

Dad! I beat your 600lbs deadlift today!!!
Damn, you hit 600 for 16? That’s impressive som, I’m so proud right now.

4 Likes

Proud.

3 Likes

Don’t listen to this guy. He’s a millennial with no kids. He’ll likely need counselling, quiet time and 4 weeks of social media validation if he spent half an evening with a child. Just remember sabotage is okay.

Protip: kidding asiide, he can’t control how he’s gonna feel but I doubt the old dog would have posted anything if he wasn’t rooting for his kid to do it

3 Likes

Yeah its a mix bag… as his coach, im all like" HELL YEAH". As a Dad i am like" hell! Little SOB is going to challenge my alpha status." The only bright side to save my ego is that I can say is that I have never been a good deadlifter and it has never been my lift of choice.

3 Likes

Not even kidding, this is so close to the truth! Unfortunately the little bastards usually like me and I just can’t cope haha

You’re the friendly neighbourhood Irishman

2 Likes

Simple solution: stop driving the windowless van with “free candy” painted on the side.

4 Likes

Proud AF.

Had a funny moment with our five year old last week. He saw one of my DL videos where I was pulling around 400 lbs and asked me if I could get it over my head. I said you have to be properly strong to do that, so he looked at the video again and said, OK daddy you’re kind of strong, you’ll get properly strong later.

21 Likes

congratulate him, then kick the shit out of him so he knows you’re still in charge

6 Likes

Now that I’m back to 240 lbs I’m beginning to see (or at least imagine) that I’m heading down the road to being a big person. I may not be swole, ripped, shredded, or The Rock but I just might be viewed as a large individual soon…and I’m okay with that.

5 Likes

Haha Thats awesome.

Have to confess, I was hoping you were going to say that your kid said: Billy’s dad lifted 850 in high school.

2 Likes

I love watching people repost articles like ‘how strong are you’ and saying oh I’m good here and great here. Cool. I am very happy for you.

3 Likes

Mostly because I was 100% like that years ago

2 Likes

Wait wait wait… You’re NOT the rock?! You lied to me man…

This is interesting, being on the small side height wise (I’m 5ft 7, my dad is 6 ft 3) I never see myself as big or even bigger than average. Sitting at 85kg (187lbs) now and have recently started thinking so I keep adding weight and get to 100kg. Maybe then I might consider myself almost big ??!!

I think 100 kg on your frame would qualify.

2 Likes

You’d look like Francu Columbu after a bee sting.

Do it.

3 Likes