The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I wouldnt waste good quality genetic material on the SOB. I got him so pissed he said that when I die he hoped I die with regret knowing that I had passed weakness onto my children through my weak sperm. Which was funny because I knew my oldest was more of a beast than that POS. Moron open his trap without doing his freaking research.

LOL… you think?

1 Like

I Fucking A I’m dealing with a girl who’s parents are enabling her bulimia. They think it’s okay if she feels uncomfortable after she eats and vomits. She was involuntarily committed cuz she passed out in the bathroom at her hs. I thought I was making progress with her, but then I met her parents! Her mom flat out told me “it’s okay, she wants to look like her friends. When she turns 18, she won’t have her baby fat anymore.” She’s almost 18. So I took a pic of my progress and was gonna post but as I looked at it I realized I needed need a little more fat to myself. I gotta have accountability so reposted it. So as I say everything in life has lessons. So, I’ve vented dropping it, and am eating because calories are the only cure. Ty for listening :hugs:

1 Like

My daughter is my only experience with children. I know boys and girls are a night and day difference but she was way more graceful LOL!

My son is more like a bull in a china shop and he knows it. He just throws his body around and moves people and the dog out of his way. He had a few special moments yesterday regarding body movements and falling awkwardly :laughing:

He’s usually pretty good so these moments were out of the norm and definitely caught my attention.

1 Like

I wish I had something cool to contribute. I don’t have kids, considering I am the kid still.

I mixed peanut butter in some Top Ramen, because broke college kid.

I actually went and paid (completely in quarters), for another jar because I think I’ve found the perfect combination of enough sodium and protein that can be paid for in ample amounts of couch change, and car change.

4 Likes

You know what, Im just gunna throw it out there and I suppose you could put it under a confession, but im sure everyone else here thinks the same,
But huge props to you @bulldog9899 about the way you speak so highly about your kids
Coming from a childhood where although it was stable, I never had any one to put me on pedestals or whatever, and certainly ive never had people sing praises about achievements, but you always portray how proud you are of them and its fucking awesome to see.
I know they would be super grateful for that, it does wonders for confidence levels and all that, props to you mate!

11 Likes

Confession: I “officially” hung up my athletics “career” as of yesterday at approximately noon, I was asked to fill in on a co-ed rec league basketball team and turned it down with nary a second thought, and it feels good.

Piggy Back Confession: I find that I value my time in the gym much more than I value the opinions of acquaintances and strangers playing a sport once a week, with no structure or practices involved, but who still get overly competitive. The risk/reward for participating in these once a week/weekend warrior rec leagues, for me, is simply too lopsided to really enjoy (for example; torn hamstring in 1st or 2nd outing for slow pitch, rec league softball.)

7 Likes

Lol, I spent half the summer limping around due to fucking my hamstrings up playing slow pitch softball. I can totally relate. I think there was a confrontation of some kind at least once a week. Complete nonsense.

3 Likes

I’m with you here! I hung up my skates last year, people are taking that shit way too seriously. It was a Men’s Division 4 (basically house-league equivalent) and these guys thought they were going to the NHL. Only pond hockey from here on out

However, I am playing in my Lob-Ball league again this summer as that is a lot lower risk of injury. If you boys are tearing hamstrings from slow pitch softball, I’d recommend playing MORE sports rather than less. Fragility level seems too high.

3 Likes

Haha I remember playing indoor soccer with this guy who would fake fall over to get free kicks. He fell when I was a good arms length away from him at one point. I warned him that if he did it again he wouldn’t be finishing the game.

So he did it anyway and the next time we both went for the ball, I ran right through him and got both of us taken out of the game. I also couldn’t play the next week.

At the time I thought what sort of pussy is this? Now I think why did I physically hurt someone over play falling?

7 Likes

A buddy of mine plays in a rec slow pitch league and had two guys on his team tear there groin sliding into bases. Dont get me started on the rec basketball league, bunch of men in there 40s and 50s who “would have gone pro if they didnt insert injury here in college”

In my younger days I was a bit of a goon on the ice. No ragrets.

1 Like

Is this my opportunity to pledge allegiance to the Duncs of my dreams. He maybe getting old, but he just rox. Neat to see sharpie doing some announcing.

I stopped watching soccer because of all the diving. Van Nistelrooy was the one who triggered me the most. And I was a Man U supporter!

4 Likes

Messi ftw

1 Like

Here’s a real confessional…

I find myself feeling a bit of animosity towards certain “members of the fitness community” who others look up to when IMO they’ve accomplished almost nothing compared to what I did. I’m sure a lot of it stems from my having to leave competition due to injury, but from frequently looking back at photos and videos of myself, I find myself thinking “this guy couldn’t carry my gym bag” whenever I see others asking so and so for their advice.

(I guess I"m sounding like Al Bundy here -lol)

S

7 Likes

I agree with that. Once i started doing westside/conjugate stuff I dropped a lot of BB work I used to do. Not only did I reek havoc on my body, but i felt like I lost a bit if size. Added it back in , boom, joints and all feel lubes up, and ready to go, less injury (knock on wood) and feel more jacked.

I know the rep method is in conjugate/westside but I feel like it’s overlooked and I did overlook it at first.

1 Like

Pepe!

Lmao

1 Like

Oh it’s on!

1 Like

I completely second this sentiment. I grew up in an amazing upper-middle class situation with great parents that I love. However, in the 30 years I’ve been on this planet, I can count the number of times my folks have told me that they are proud of me on one hand. While I’m glad that I grew up learning that I don’t need ‘Atta boys’, it sure would have been nice to hear of their approval a bit more often in my teenage years.

3 Likes