The Flame-Free Confession Thread

She hates me playing them with a passion!!

1 Like

My wife takes it all Tsun Tsu when I play. “I guess your goals aren’t that important to you anymore huh?”

Hits right where it hurts.

2 Likes

Mine too! Then one day my seven year old nephew asked me if I could play with him. He lives 1800 miles away. Next thing I know my wife is telling me she’s really proud of me and thankful that I bought an Xbox and started playing.

“Yes mam, anything you say.”

6 Likes

Some Women really do have a disdain for video games. It’s just a piece of art, no different than any other medium in terms of its “value”

People have no problem spending 2-3 hours on a movie, but playing a video game?! You’re wasting time.

4 Likes

I think I am emerging as an early contender for transformation of 2018. In fact, if I have another week like the last one you can lock it in. The only way it would be fair is if I stopped early and let everyone else continue to see if they can catch up.

Damn, just read the rules and I’m transforming in the wrong direction.

Stupid rules.

16 Likes

Damn fit couple in the gym hogging both squat racks today taking turns spotting eachother instead of using the one rack. Not being funny bootybae but if he buckles under that 400lb he’s taking you to the operating theatre with him.

Another dude tried to politely work in and was told “2 more sets” so I didn’t even bother.

1 Like

The best part is that my wife has an immense dislike for video games…but loves watching shit like the Kardashians… I just have to shake my head haha

4 Likes

Sucks for you guys, my wife’s buying me a Switch after her bonus clears.

1 Like

Man, when I was a kid we had to go cut our own.

10 Likes

3 Likes

My wife tells me to go play video games so she can stop feeling so guilty binge-watching Netflix. No problem, hun.

Then I’m mad at myself for playing until 1am. ‘Just one more game’. No wonder I have problems with recovery…

1 Like

I have a Nintendo but it’s not even hooked up. I enjoy video games but it’s better that I work and leave the house. I can easily play for hours because I’m competitive. The few times I played on someone else’s system I sucked so I couldn’t quit until I did better.

It also helps that we’re on a tight budget for the rest of our lives. Spending $400 on the system + $60 on one game + whatever they charge to download the new maps…not worth my spending money.

I used to game pretty obsessively. Had to go cold turkey to actually be able to achieve anything in life.

Occasionally relapse but doesn’t usually take long for me to realise how negatively it impacts me. Nothing against games in principle I just cannot do moderation.

5 Likes

I barely play these days with the boys and all. Maybe 2-3 hours a week. Sometimes I miss it, but most of the time, mehhhh.

I do plan on instituting Mario Kart date night with the wife, though! Bout to whoop that ass too, no mercy!

2 Likes

Good luck. It takes about an hour online to get ABSOLUTELY hooked. My wife plays at least 3-4 times a week for a little bit at a time now, but when we first got it it was every single night. Barely lifted for like 2 weeks. :joy:

2 Likes

Minority here in that I dgaf about video games. Had a few consoles as a kid and enjoyed them a lot but I have no yearning for games anymore. Enjoy a game of FIFA with the lads provided there is beer and food on hand but otherwise meh…

2 Likes

I would like to play old school Sim City right now.

1 Like

I’m really enjoying Angry Birds Evolution right now. Wife keeps up with the digs. I may have to mention her addiction to Vanderpump Rules…

1 Like

I play old PC games on my laptop so I can hang out with the Mrs while she watches General Hospital.

I have a level 16 Chaotic Evil Half-orc Barbarian in Baldur’s Gate II right now.

6 Likes