The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I ate 5 donuts and had a cup of coffee today.

It was the best breakfast I’ve had in a long time.

1 Like

I dont understand how NATURAL competitive strength athletes can stay sub 12% bf (give or take), stay injury free, and progress their discipline. Genetics?

I kept a 6 pack all of 2017 and was injured and regressed in all aspects of strength and movement.

2018, I’ve put 10lbs on so far (starting in Dec), weights are moving up and I’m finally getting healthy.

It’s a struggle though. I love being light, agile and…having visable abs.

However, I’m learning that I can carry extra weight and be healthier. My core can be even stronger, even though I’ve lost the bottom 2 abs. Hell, it’s looking like I’m going to lose all my abs…and be HEALTHIER!

I THOUGHT I WAS HEALTHIER with abs. I was wrong.

Of course different experiences for everyone, but boy did I learn a lot about myself in 2017.

6 Likes

Also, isolation done right is more painful than compound work.

High rep leg press is 10x more painful than high rep squats.

BBers endure more pain than powerlifters/strongmen!!

Where I live, the civil service is so astonishingly incompetent I sometimes need to check to see if I’m dreaming when I deal with them. Many times I’ve almost asked someone in middle management, “Who are you related to? How on earth are you employed in a position that requires you to do more than lick stamps?”

3 Likes

You mean govt/public workers?

Such a joke. For one, they know they can’t be fired. It’s not like the private sector, where survival of the fittest lives. Govt thrives on mediocrity. Do the minimum and you get to retire at 55 as a lower middle class citizen. That appeals to a lot of people.

1 Like

Yup.

This is unfair, but;

Why do I picture you wearing Sun Glasses, inside, when dealing with the civil servants?

2 Likes

Ok, hold on. I’m commenting on the civil servants where I live. From what I know, the US, for example, has much better hiring practices, so I am not commenting on anyone in other countries.

Now, if I were to wear sunglasses, and a dispute arises at a later date, something REALLY out of this world will happen such as them claiming they were not able to confirm my identity. I am not making this up lol. Something as ridiculous as this really can happen.

The Quiet Nobility of Service!

Septic Tanks for the Kids!

2 Likes

I better tell the guys/gals I know that use the leg press that they’re not powerlifters/strongmen!

You should try some heavy ass yoke runs and max reps in 60 seconds stone work and see if you still believe this haha :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wrong! Roided bodybuilders(or wannabes) suffer most.

I got an “inner” ab cramp while on the crunch machine(bwahaha) once and I nearly passed out.

I’m joking btw so nobody needs to get the measuring tape and take their dicks out of their pants. I know some of you were on the verge of doing that.

3 Likes

Thank GOD I wasnt sure if I had one long enough ! :wink:
tape

6 Likes

Haha, i know, was just taking a jab. If you’re working hard, anything can be painful!

Heavy suitcase carries have been murdering me lately. A whole different animal than bilateral carries.

There are different types of pain. I’ve been doing significantly modified work with my hip injury and the pain I experience doing 5 second eccentrics on single-leg leg curls and leg extensions is very special. I go to failure and then hold a nice loaded stretch after that. I feel like the muscle might come off the bone on the leg curls!

The localized pain is worse than high rep squats, but high rep squats are horrible in a very different way. It’s tough to compare side by side. It’s like apples and carrots or something like that…

It’s crazy… I’ve cleaned up my diet and even that has caused my strength to take a bit of a hit. I’m still eating mostly however MUCH I want, but I’ve take a lot of the “ohhh that looks good” stuff out (holiday food type stuff in the last two months) and my progress has stalled pretty noticeably.

Have abs or have strength, those are my two realities

3 Likes

At least you can have one, I’m not that strong and have flabs. !!!

5 Likes

I was doing shrugs in the shrug machine today. From under the wall, a fairly nasty looking spider emerged and decided it was interested in what I was doing.

I was half way through my second of three sets. It got too close for comfort.

A few nights before I was reading some kid’s book to my son which had a spider in it. I couldn’t bring myself to stamp it.

I bailed the set and finished off with a BB (the way God intended) on the other side of thr gym haha

Fuck spiders.

3 Likes

Ida made a spider pie.

Yes me 100 percent !! I have never been able to powerlift and stay lean . My strength comes with carbs .

1 Like

I know everyone says the best way to get strong is by training with people that are stronger than you, but being a big fish in a small pond is just so damn satisfying.
It’s purely ego, and I’m probably a terrible person, but I got major satisfaction out of asking to work in with gym bros on deadlifts and warming up with weights that they were just grinding out a couple reps for.

I know I probably could get stronger a little faster if I trained at a dedicated strength gym, but I already suck at most things, I don’t want to feel like I suck at my favorite hobby.