The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Welcome to unchecked capitalism.

1 Like

Wow. I totally missed the point… sorry!

It’s all good.

Ugh, leave it out. I’m not American and tbh I’m a bit sick of hearing about it. So far T-Nation has escaped this.

1 Like

I’m not American and I’ve been discussing it since the early 2000s. If you think internet service providers in your country wont take the lead from their American cousins then I have bad news for you.

2 Likes

I live in the EU which thankfully doesn’t seem to take much lead from the US in these kinds of things and actually introduced regulation on this the year before last.

As a regular reddit user I’m pretty sick of hearing about the FCC. I just want to look at my memes and shitposts in peace.

2 Likes

Well, it would open up opportunity for someone else to make money. Someone would quickly open a portal on “your” free ISP that would be able to access everything else while telling your ISP that you were on their site the whole time.

2 Likes

VPN, TOR. There will be work arounds.

I’m probably just uneducated about the cyber world, but in my mind, trying to control the world wide web like that would be like trying to catch the wind in a butterfly net.

Well played sir. I walked right into that one. either way,

inch > centimeter

3 Likes

2.54 times greater to be exact.

4 Likes

The last few posts reminded me of when I visited a few countries in Europe last year with my roommate. We made a bunch of friends and during conversation often times distance and weight came up. Everyone thought it was so odd that I could easily convert lbs to kgs in my head. Miles to kilometers was a little trickier.

2 Likes

I have a knack for analogies, but by golly that was the best analogy I’ve ever read in long long time

2 Likes

The workaround is to throttle yourself?

Besides, ISPs can choose to treat VPN traffic differently to other traffic as well.

You can use the Fibonacci sequence for a rough conversion. It’s basically 1.6km per mile.

2 Likes

I really cleaning out my ears…almost to the point of it being a fetish…the initial feel of penetration & then the gentle sensation of extraction! Mmmmmmmmm…

Ah yes, got it backwards for a moment. KM to miles had me tripped up a couple times.

Jesus fucking Christ

1 Like

I got used to this one quicker than pounds to kilos. When I was younger, I was right into drag racing. A quarter mile drag is 400m (or 0.4km). So a half mile is just shy of a Km (0.8km). And a mile is just over 1 and a half Kms (1.6km).

1 Like

I always remembered the conversion because an Imperial Star Destroyer is 1600 meters long. I think I first learned that important fact from the X-Wing game for PC back in the 90’s.

6 Likes