The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I didn’t feel like being a dad today. My kids weren’t bad but I wanted to be selfish. My wife showed up for 45 minutes and the kids lost their shit. It’s amazing how they act different around her. They can clearly tell that dad’s mean and mommy is a softy…so they whine more when she’s around.

Now mommy is at training for work and dad’s drinking rum.

3 Likes

Having kids… Not great all the time. Not terrible all the time. Just all the time.

Patience, sometimes you run out. Enjoy the rum.

4 Likes

It started from about 6 months old with me!! I don’t think it’s because I’m mean though lol

1 Like

They’re like animals! When mom walks in they can sense it and their behavior changes.

My daughter salvaged the day. She’s too sweet. She always wants us to treat books to her at bedtime and tonight she picked the Bible (kids version)! We read some stuff that helped dad gain some perspective.

I’m still drinking rum, though.

3 Likes

Confession: In the pursuit of breaking some PR’s this year, I have been eating less than stellar for like 3-4 months and have basically adopted the “new years resolution” mindset this year. F*ck it, get through the holidays, eat the carbs, then flip the switch after all the shit is out of the house. Its not even that bad, just bad for me. I hit the PR’s though so at least I have that to show for it.

Coming from my usually strict eating schedule its been pretty nice, but getting soft after all that work in the T-ransformation last year kinda sucks.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re talking to me or other dude, but I understand your point. I also got the reference because ive been forced to watch lethal weapon many times. I was just confiding in the other dude since he didn’t laugh too much at it, considering not everyone’s humor is the same; similarities or differences aside. You’re still cool in my book though.

1 Like

Nah, my post was in response to @FlatsFarmer 's post where he felt he needed to “clear the air”. Which means some people reading it may interpret what I wrote negatively since we’re in Internetland. I have no doubt that regular posters here like yourself aren’t that sensitive lol. I like this site because of the demographic it attracts.

3 Likes

I never eat the optimal amounts of anything, and I’m too old to be bullet proof. So I just work hard and hope that it’s better than doing fk all and wasting away !!

2 Likes

I’m fairly sensitive in person, which is why I don’t say much in real life, but online I usually loosen up a bit.

3 Likes

I’m drunk !!

6 Likes

Yeah I have been a bit looser with the beers lately to. I’m going to blame the crazy season… And also my abysmal self control!

1 Like

When I reply to a client’s email asking for “tips and advice” on how to keep themselves on track while they’re out of town, I follow with down to earth, realistic suggestions, as well as encouragement and motivation, and a day or two later, see my wonderful advice posted on my client’s social media as their own tips and tricks for staying on track with no mention, or even nod to me as they court their followers on IG I argue with myself about whether or not it’s worth it to try and help people as much as I do.

S

11 Likes

I’m…the other thing semi related to being drunk. Lol

4 Likes

Baked?

I never call it that, but yes.

3 Likes

What’s the comparison in cost for that? Does $20 worth of average quality stuff last a week? For reference, I’m thinking about the usage being equal to having a couple drinks three nights a week to relax and take the edge off but not get drunk…guess the kids call it being buzzed.

1 Like

Depends. Depends on how money hungry your dealer is or isn’t. At least in the state of Texas. Vastly different up north. My brother spots my husband 3 grams for 10$ (But that’s because he’s my brother), I used to charge kids in highschool 15$ a gram, some people go up to 20$ a gram but that’s pushing it in my opinion. 10$ for 1 gram is the sweet spot. Compared to beer, it can or can’t be. If you’re a 25 oz. drinker maybe 2-3x times a week and you buy 2-3 at a time it’s still probably cheaper than buying a gram, and trying to stretch it for a week. That’s if you’re a person who smokes everyday or every other day, it’s roughly the same if you treat yourself maybe 1-2x a week. If you buy beer by the case, multiple times a week, I’d equate that to buying an ounce of decent quality herb (~80$).But it also depends on how readily you run through your stuff, and what form it comes in. Pure THC wax can cost up to 60-70$ bucks, but a gram sized ball can last people 1-3 months depending on their person. If you like to eat it, edibles can range from 10-35$ for small pack of chewy things, brownies, cookies, cake slices, etc. Depending on how big it is, THC %, if you like your food fancy, etc. It starts to cost a bit less if you’re crafty and can make your own stuff.

My husband spends upwards of 50-60$ a week on pot., beforehand he was creeping up on 100-115$. I spend maybe 20$ once a month, and can stretch a gram for 2-3 weeks if I’m determined enough. So it really depends. There’s a decent bit of info on how to get your money’s worth, but that’s generally the jist of it, at least in the state of Texas. In The legal states, the prices vary.

Edit: didn’t mean to give you an entire paragraph, but I wanted to give you just some relative info.

1 Like

Do you usually confront such clients with their behaviour? If so, how do they try to justify what they’re doing? Honestly, as someone who doesn’t work in that field I think my MO would be to ask them not to do this the first time this happens, then drop them as clients if it happens again.

The billboard I drive by everyday advertises daily $4, $6 and $8 /Grams. I’m not sure if that’s enough to get high, but it’s certainly cheaper than my whiskeys.

pregnant? :laughing:

11 Likes