The Flame-Free Confession Thread

They live on in our dreams

And also for @thatguyagain I dropped a safety bar in my resting foot doing split squats. Came close to snapping my ankle, bruised the bone and was limping for three weeks.

1 Like

How do you drop a ssb? One reason I never go full potato on it is I cant see how you can get it off your back if you’re in trouble (assuming you have a head).

1 Like

I have the same question, when it got to heavy through fatigue I dropped into a deep squat. I feel a little unsafe with it. I mean, I can’t dump forward that’s for sure.
Make sure you set the safety pins at an appropriate height. I am assuming your using a powerrack. I wouldn’t use one without one.

My strategy has been to just never plan to fail.

8 Likes

Confession: I only do front squats with the crossed arm style. Fight me

5 Likes

I use single loop straps. Even “woosy-ier”

EDIT: Upon reflection, the correct spelling is “wussy-ier” -or simply “wussier”

Bigjess68

1 Like

I use a front squat harness, because that is what it is for.

1 Like

Where do you put your hands, out of curiosity?

I’d have them on my waist, if possible.

I purchased - but quickly discarded - a Sting Ray for front squats but now do them crossed-arm style. They were slippier than the bar simply resting on my cotton T shirt.

stingray

If the answer isn’t front double bicep I will be very sad

2 Likes

I cannot front squat. (Shoulder pain.)

I cannot back squat. (Shoulder inflexibility/pain–I literally cannot get both hands behind the bar.)

I can only squat–hands at my sides, the bar resting on my upper back–using a Smith machine.

But the center of the Smith-machine bar is smooth; only the outer thirds (where normal people put their hands) are knurled. Thus, squatting centered under the bar puts me at high risk of having the bar slip off my back and fall.

So, in order to squat safely, I stand near one side of the Smith, so the knurled part rests across my upper back. But of course, being decentered like this drastically throws the loading off. Thus, I have to put ~75% of the total weight on the end of the bar near me, and the remaining weight on the other end.

I’ve never seen myself squat, but it’s probably pretty funny-looking. So if someone ever posts a ‘Get a load of this dork!’ YouTube video of an old guy squatting like that, it’s me.

10 Likes

Why not do Saftey Bar or Belt Squats?

1 Like

I’ve tried front squatting with both arms pointing straight out in front of me. Saw a strongman do it that way with 600#.

Good thing it’s in a basement. Looks like a double Nazi salute.

1 Like

I’ve recently discovered this is by far the most comfortable front squat. Works well until shit gets heavier

1 Like

I hold onto the bar, like how Clint does here

4 Likes

those aren’t your fish oils. I think you’ve mixed them up with your rectal nitroglycerine suppositories… :laughing:

Flame-Free: I sumo deadlifted tonight, with straps.

3 Likes

I never understood the sumo hate

2 Likes