The Flame-Free Confession Thread

those were the glory days of 5/3/1, but idiots couldn’t handle it so he’s had to make it way more specific and it’s lost its charm

5 Likes

“optimal” is the what the kids say

2 Likes

I’m a bit slow so I can’t seem to get my head around how someone with little experience making random changes in the hopes of improving the program is the same as someone with knowledge and experience publishing things which he has tried amd knows works.

3 Likes

I just drank a few spoonfuls of coffee with only water as a preworkout because i couldnt be bothered making an actual cup of coffee lol. #Beastmode

2 Likes

I bet we could market this idea as a fancy new food trend and sell it at Whole Foods. “Deconstructed Coffee”, its just a Starbucks Via packet Scotch taped to a water bottle.

5 Likes

I love when some guru comes out with something and claims its the next big thing and is ground breaking in regards to training…When its nothing more than the same shit guys were doing 30 years ago.

3 Likes

You mean 99% of the articles and e-books that are available online at this very moment? -lol

S

6 Likes

This is the most inspirational thing I’ve seen in years.

It almost brought me to tears.

5 Likes

Wow that is pretty incredible! You see examples of the weaknesses of humanity on a daily basis in fast food shops, on the road and on the street but very rarely do you get to see the strengths of humanity like this.

That’s seriously amazing

Confession: I’m being that weird cunt that isn’t going out on the town with everyone else tonight.

5 Likes

Confession: I’m that weird cunt every night

7 Likes

Confession: I’ve spent all week in Poland seeing family stuffing my face full of pierogi, sausage and beer. I feel fantastic and can see more definition allover my body. Almost everything I’ve eaten here has been fresh, locally made/caught/grown and I’ve slept like a baby.

#edit# and the only exercise I’ve done is walking…!

2 Likes

Confession: Same, going climbing instead.

1 Like

Confession: My night looks like it’s going to be filled with lots of gin & juice.

5 Likes

Bombay Saphire or bust!

2 Likes

I hope you’re laid back, but also keep your mind on your money.

7 Likes

I wasn’t able to balance climbing and lifting, made me sad. The elbow pain would wake me up at night and my hands were constantly numb lol

Tbh I haven’t really done much balancing myself lately. The past year/year and a half climbing has taken a real backseat for me, which makes me sad lol.

I did a lot of gym climbing for a while, then was doing a good mix of gym during the week and outdoors on the weekends, which became outdoors on the weekends, which became maybe I’ll climb now and then. I’d like to change that sooner than later.

I’ve noticed the thing that gets away most is confidence. I’d say I keep probably 90% of my climbing specific strength when I’m slacking but lose a lot of the mental game.

1 Like

No lie… I have some old IronMan Mags from back in the late 60’s and early 70’s and I have pretty sure I have seen some guys doing articles over new cutting edge approach to training that was written way back in those mags.

1 Like