The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Barbell bench press is hard! Some dudes are going to the P.T., or getting shoulder replacements over it.

At some point, why not just jump in the machine?

On my end? When I wake up one morning and found I have grown a vagina. :scream:

man card

6 Likes

That’s why we have 2 shoulders!

4 Likes

I admit that I use dumbells for bench cos they don’t hurt my shoulders, nothing worse than feeling your joints getting mangled

2 Likes

Yeah. Quite frequently. I’ve haven’t used hammer strength, so I can’t speak to how the loaded weight translates to resistance but I’ve never gotten the same feeling from fixed path machines as from free weights.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with machine work. Claiming that it equates to Bar or Dumbbell work is another matter.

3 Likes

No reason to apologize…

x2

(or, since we’re getting nostalgic… “best post” -lol)

S

8 Likes

For the record I dont have any issue with machine work…lol what ever gets the job done.

Confession: the only ‘machine work’ i like is driving the excavator or bobcat :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I took a hot bath this afternoon, after tweaking my back doing yard work.

2 Likes

Bubbles, candles and wine?

4 Likes

Absolutely… there are machines I can rep out 3-4 plates per side on… throw that on the bench and it’s caved in chest.

I believe that was his reasoning at the time, he never used free weights so the movements were unfamiliar to him

Yes, and the weight. Just saying.

2 Likes

If it wasn’t so heavy I could do it easily!

7 Likes

Yes, I had a hard time moving that one plate bench because it was so different than the Smith machine - it’s not the weight bro, it’s the movement.

1 Like

Confession, the first workout I did in 2 weeks was legs, and I didn’t squat or deadlift

1 Like

The lying *hammer strength(?) bench with the free moving handles is pretty different from normal machines.

I get that he may not be strong by certain standards, but let’s not start exaggerating things. The man wasn’t weak. He did do a 225lb seated military press for reps despite not having done any free weights for years prior to that.

*I don’t know the actual brand. This is the one he said he was using.

I did a full upper body session today without touching a free weight. Primary reason is my f*cked wrist, need to finally get some wraps I think. Any suggestions? UK based…

I have some Inzer Z wraps (black with red stripes) that provide the best support I’ve ever used.

S

2 Likes