The Flame-Free Confession Thread

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

The level of intelligence of “popular” authors in the fitness/strength community is incredibly low.

[/quote]

This has to be the truest thing I’ve heard. I’m so sick of the same authors just posting articles to post them. Most articles I see on any site are really just “reprints”

1 Like

All IFBB Pros have disgusting bodies and the only reason i’d want to become one is if i were getting paid a ton of money.

Thank god this is a flame free thread.

1 Like

[quote]DazeDolo wrote:
All IFBB Pros have disgusting bodies and the only reason i’d want to become one is if i were getting paid a ton of money.

Thank god this is a flame free thread.[/quote]
x2

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

Most natty BBer have unimpressive legs.

[/quote]

In agreement about this. To me they look great in their off season but when they diet down for a show I’m just like ‘‘meh’’.
Roided BB>Natty BB[/quote]

Ill jump on this one too. Dieted down they just seem to lose so much size in their legs. [/quote]

I still have much respect for them though. Being big unassisted at low BF levels doesn’t look easy. But they really lose alot of size in their legs[/quote]

I certainly agree.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I think it’s a sad statement about bodybuilding that, for many people, the picking the best looking physique normally comes with the stipulation “but I know they have no shot to win”.[/quote]

Yeah. We’ve had similar discussions regarding Antoine recently. He’s likely not going to be a serious contender for the NYP, but looks better than just about everyone competing.

Its not so much “bodybuilding” anymore as it is “mass gaining”

1 Like

[/quote]

That just comes with the natty territory. To bring out the cuts in the final week you have to stop all leg training, so they’ll be completely flat. It’s a compromise for sure…sacrificing size for cuts.

I mean just within the first few weeks post show without even changing my bodyweight all that much my thighs rebounded 2" in circumference just from replenishing glycogen and water.

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[/quote]

In agreement about this. To me they look great in their off season but when they diet down for a show I’m just like ‘‘meh’’.

Ill jump on this one too. Dieted down they just seem to lose so much size in their legs. [/quote]

I still have much respect for them though. Being big unassisted at low BF levels doesn’t look easy. But they really lose alot of size in their legs[/quote]
Being big, assisted at a low BF level doesn’t look easy either.

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[/quote]

Being big, assisted at a low BF level doesn’t look easy either.[/quote]

Getting to competition leanness is not easy no matter which way you slice it. As long as we are talking true amazing conditon.

Also steriods are not the end all be all. A cycle is not gonna turn you into a pro Bber. Too mnay use them as a crutch for a bad diet or lackluster training.
I have seen plenty of juicers who look like shit.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[/quote]

Getting to competition leanness is not easy no matter which way you slice it. As long as we are talking true amazing conditon.

Also steriods are not the end all be all. A cycle is not gonna turn you into a pro Bber. Too mnay use them as a crutch for a bad diet or lackluster training.
[/quote]

It is not easy with or without drugs. Much respect for all natty competitors though who get the right leanness. Same to those with drugs as well. Either one takes a tremendous amount of work and dedication.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
There is quite a bit of ignorance (not intended to be an insult to anyone) when it comes to steroids and their effects.
Like you said, AAS or not, getting into awesome condition is difficult.
There are plenty of guys on this board who use and don’t look amazing.
It’s not a magic pill but does make a huge difference depending how the users body responds.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
There is quite a bit of ignorance (not intended to be an insult to anyone) when it comes to steroids and their effects.
It’s not a magic pill but does make a huge difference depending how the users body responds.
[/quote]

This is very true. Good friend of mine has to take pretty high doses to see appreciable size gains where I can take about 1/4 of what he does and see quality good gains. With diet, gear, drugs, etc. It is impossible to have an all encompassing box.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

This is very true. Good friend of mine has to take pretty high doses to see appreciable size gains where I can take about 1/4 of what he does and see quality good gains. With diet, gear, drugs, etc. It is impossible to have an all encompassing box.[/quote]

I am so jelly. What are you friends stats and how fat/lean has he been during his lifting career, and how long has he been training. I ask because it would be interesting to attempt to figure out what might be the reasons.

[quote]MassiveGuns wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

This is very true. Good friend of mine has to take pretty high doses to see appreciable size gains where I can take about 1/4 of what he does and see quality good gains. With diet, gear, drugs, etc. It is impossible to have an all encompassing box.[/quote]

I am so jelly. What are you friends stats and how fat/lean has he been during his lifting career, and how long has he been training. I ask because it would be interesting to attempt to figure out what might be the reasons.
[/quote]

genetics… people respond differently to different compounds and amounts of drugs.

[quote]MassiveGuns wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He’s older than me, but he’s naturally very lean and skinny. He didn’t get over 235 lbs until he was over 35. He is also 6’3. He stays around 245 with the heaviest he’s ever been being 270. Visible abs at 270 though. He just recently turned 48 and had his rotator cuff reattatcged to the bone in his left arm 4 weeks ago. That and he needs knee replacements lol.

He has helped me tremendously with training and diet for better quality muscle. Has a chemical engineering degree and has been an avid bodybuilding fan and follower for the past 30 years. So I would say he naturally has a bard time gaining any weight by his own admission.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

My bad, I’ll be the first to admit that my knowledge of AAS is sketchy at best

I think mens physique at pro level has way more quality physiques than people like to admit

2 Likes

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
I think mens physique at pro level has way more quality physiques than people like to admit
[/quote]
x2
Most people who insult their physiques have never been lean

[quote]DanielDJ wrote:

Conventional Deadlifts arent an overall mass builder, they do nothing for your lower body.

[/quote]

After recording my form the other day I take this back!! My deadlift form is terrible. Surprised those 220kg ‘hyperextensions’ haven’t killed me. No leg drive whatsoever.

Saying shit like “abs are visible, but blurry”, is totally weak sauce when used as an attempt to convince other people how lean you (think you) are.

[quote]DanielDJ wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
[/quote]
x2
Most people who insult their physiques have never been lean[/quote]

Indeed and are also normally no where near as muscular as them nether lol