The Flame-Free Confession Thread

That’s a weird way to spell “Ringo Starr” but OK.

2 Likes

For the past several days I have been thinking pretty deep about goals. We all have goals (I Hope) as they mark progression and give us something to work towards.

As per usual, I think way too much into this type of stuff and ended up contemplating the direction my life is taking and what would happen if I just let the reins go.

My confession is: without a specific goal, my lifestyle goes to shit real quick… (as I sit here on a Monday night going through a bottle of JD)…

4 Likes

You must be drunk, its Monday morning :wink:

1 Like

I hear you. A lot of guys in particular are this way, look at what happens to a lot of men when they retire…

Exactly! For a lot of blokes, retiring can mean giving up your identity which in turn causes stress and can be more harmful than slaving away.

This is why I think it’s important to have a lifetime goal that transcends work. Too many people tie up who they are with how they make money. In some cases this is unavoidable (eg sportsmen) but in most cases it is a recipe for feeling insignificant and lost when this ‘identity’ is taken away.

2 Likes

Probably less to do with giving up work and more to do with the extra time spent with the better half.

I swear I lose a day off my lifetime each and every weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nope. No water. If there was that much water in them then I wouldn’t have been so thirsty last night. It was a mix of Coors Light and Bud Light.

Who the hell can drink full flavored (and heavy) beers and then run?

I still working on this. It’s easier in a league because you get the same amount of games whether you win or lose. It seems that I’m not ready to quit playing when we get beat out in the tourney and that’s what irritates me. We don’t get anything for winning. I just wanted to keep playing but you have to win to do that.

We also had 15 people on our team and everyone was hitting. I’ve noticed that the teams that do better only have about 10 or 11 people so their good hitters get more at-bats.

2 Likes

well fuck

Phone call from son… tweaked something in his hip squatting today on his last set of the last session before his Meet in 12 days. Wouldn’t you know, I just mailed the entry form out today.

FUCK NO!!
tom petty

5 Likes

What a shit day

1 Like

So sent me pics from today of his depth…lets figure out the issue.

Lets see 380 on the bar at the depth I want…

What he did…

ARRGGGHHHHH!!!

4 Likes

Him going ATG has been a recurring issue hasn’t it? Is he going to get this ‘tweaked hip’ looked at?

Oooooh, not good. Any idea why he goes so much deeper than necessary?

Its been a pain in my ass! If he was doing some weight lifting, or didn’t have butt wink I wouldn’t care. But he does plus he is giving up weight becuse of it. Will see if he has done any damage in the morning.

Two things it’s a mental thing on his part, we have some major arguments in my garage over it. The other he can’t seem to feel when he breaks depth, which I feel is caused by him dropping too fast into the hole. Again another argument! What’s going to happen is that he’s going to spend some time doing light touch box squats set at depth again until it becomes second nature. Plus I’m putting him back in chucks since the lifting shoes he’s wearing is making it too easy to get that low.

I was going to suggest that.

1 Like

He can probably squat more ATM and doesn’t want to take the step back to go forward - especially if he is winning (assume he competes - otherwise not sure it matters?)

Today whilst doing bulgarian split squats, one of the gym hotties walked in so i lost balance and fell over. :joy: :expressionless:

Full flameable!!

12 Likes

Yeah… Part of the reason that I didn’t mention is I think he’s going down so fast is because he is relying on rebounding out of the hole. But… Like I mention he has some butt wink and he is starting to develop lower back pain.

1 Like

Yoga pants are both a curse and a blessing

6 Likes