The Flame-Free Confession Thread

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I still think soreness is a fairly decent indicator of a good workout.

(pretty sure I shared that in the things I can’t prove but believe thread)[/quote]

That is also my mindset. I don’t know why, but if I don’t get DOMS I’m liek dufuck did I work out for…

1 Like

[quote]MassiveGuns wrote:

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
I don’t mean to appear as cocky, but I’m totally game to fight a 350 lb black bear. I feel like if I yoke 700lbs, deadlift significantly over the bears bodyweight, and can practically press the bear over my head…then I should definitely be able to take it in a fight. [/quote]

Are you serious?[/quote]

FLAME FREE BRO

Edit: sorry still bro’in out from the GAL thread…

1 Like

^ lol at bear fighting and thinking its possible to win. Not flaming, just made me laugh.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I still think soreness is a fairly decent indicator of a good workout.

(pretty sure I shared that in the things I can’t prove but believe thread)[/quote]

I still believe this and also use it as an indicator of my recovery. I’m sore after every workout, so if I’m not, something funny must be going on.

1 Like

There comes a day where you just have to accept your limitations.

<---- runs for cover.

I don’t mean to appear as cocky, but I’m totally game to fight a 350 lb black bear. I feel like if I yoke 700lbs, deadlift significantly over the bears bodyweight, and can practically press the bear over my head…then I should definitely be able to take it in a fight. [/quote]

Are you serious?[/quote]

350 lb Black bear.

3 Likes

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

Are you serious?[/quote]

350 lb Black bear.[/quote]

PX is looking lean there, can see some delt/pec separation showing

I’m only joshing big guy :wink:

nice thread idea! I’ve got a few.

-you lose SO LITTLE muscle when you cut, it’s really not worth worrying about. People who think they are losing muscle are really just fat as hell and far less muscular than they think they are.

-the whole peri-workout nutrition thing is a scam to get you to buy protein powder. For your pre-workout meal eat meat and veg, post workout - meat and veg. Nature sussed out how to build muscle long before casein hydrolysate ever came on the scene.

-anyone can get 6 pack lean without cardio (or at least very minimal cardio) provided they eat like they’re supposed to

-DOMS is an indicator of a good workout

-people way overeat protein. There’s no benefit to going over 1g of protein per lb of your bodyweight except if you are doing a PSMF. Guys eating more than that are just converting it to glucose so they might as well just decrease protein and eat more carbs/fat

-I would rather be a shredded 190 than a soft 220

-front squats are superior to back squats in every way

-nobody needs more than 150g of carbs a day (except a once weekly refeed)

-deadlifts are massively overrated for upper back development

there’s probably more but that’s all I can think of just now

3 Likes

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

-the whole peri-workout nutrition thing is a scam to get you to buy protein powder. For your pre-workout meal eat meat and veg, post workout - meat and veg. Nature sussed out how to build muscle long before casein hydrolysate ever came on the scene.
[/quote]

Have you tried Anaconda/Plazma? Not trying to knock you, just curious.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

-you lose SO LITTLE muscle when you cut, it’s really not worth worrying about. People who think they are losing muscle are really just fat as hell and far less muscular than they think they are.

[/quote]

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes x 100000000000 to the power of n

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[/quote]

Have you tried Anaconda/Plazma? Not trying to knock you, just curious. [/quote]

the price of it plus shipping to the UK plus tax I’d have to sell at least one kidney, so no.

I have heard good things about it though, and if it’s working for you then fair enough. I’m old school though, and kind of a hippy; I reckon nature does it best.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[/quote]

lol you gonna get banned

2 Likes

[quote]joemomma wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[/quote]

lol you gonna get banned[/quote]

For real, that is blasphemy in these parts.

People have bought into the idea that you can’t build muscle and lose fat at the same time, but have also bought into the idea that “recomping” is a viable strategy. Isn’t recomping (staying at the same body weight but improving body comp) just a form of gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously?

4 Likes

[quote]joemomma wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[/quote]

ha, I did sort of think that might come across as anti-Biotest when I was writing it, but that wasn’t my intention.

I’ll clarify: I DO believe in supplements. Protein powders are a great way to sneak protein into your diet, and I am not against them at all. Nor am I against pre-workout stimulants, creatine, ZMA etc etc etc.

However I don’t believe you need to worry about some magical hour long window around your workout where you need to cram in a load of nutrients. As long as you’ve eaten well before (or even just the day before if you’re an IF kinda guy) and you eat well when you get hungry after your workout, then you’re giving your body everything it needs.

1 Like

Are you serious?[/quote]

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]joemomma wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[/quote]

ha, I did sort of think that might come across as anti-Biotest when I was writing it, but that wasn’t my intention.

I’ll clarify: I DO believe in supplements. Protein powders are a great way to sneak protein into your diet, and I am not against them at all. Nor am I against pre-workout stimulants, creatine, ZMA etc etc etc.

However I don’t believe you need to worry about some magical hour long window around your workout where you need to cram in a load of nutrients. As long as you’ve eaten well before (or even just the day before if you’re an IF kinda guy) and you eat well when you get hungry after your workout, then you’re giving your body everything it needs.[/quote]

Totally agree. Spending $300 a month on supps is crazy.

Dead lifts are a sub par movement at best when it comes to muscular gains.

I think machines are a better indicator of strength than the power lifts. Regardless of competition dieting, stress, sleep etc. your leg press/leg extension numbers will remain relatively stable, while squatting can vary greatly.

Carb backloading sucks.

Every bit of lifting information you need can be acquired for free.

Get strong in any rep range. 1,2,3,5,8,10,15,20,30,50… doesn’t matter. You’ll get bigger.

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:
Get strong in any rep range. 1,2,3,5,8,10,15,20,30,50… doesn’t matter. You’ll get bigger. [/quote]

YES!

I hate when people talk about how different rep ranges do different things. Pick a rep range, get stronger in it and grow.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[/quote]

Have you tried Anaconda/Plazma? Not trying to knock you, just curious. [/quote]

the price of it plus shipping to the UK plus tax I’d have to sell at least one kidney, so no.

I have heard good things about it though, and if it’s working for you then fair enough. I’m old school though, and kind of a hippy; I reckon nature does it best.
[/quote]

I do agree with you on the “magic window” being blown out of proportion and your body will build muscle regardless of timing.

However, I do find my intensity level and time I can train is noticeably higher when using an intra-workout.

1 Like