[quote]Smashingweights wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:
Seriously about the African dogs, (that story fucked up my mood for like a month when it happened by the way), Any man that did not jump in after that child and try to help it, is not a man and they make me sick. They might have torn me apart, but I would have been in there trying to keep those dog’s attention until someone could have helped and if you had several men get in there I think that half domesticated animals would have just given up not thinking it was worth it. [/quote]

In the vein of not being flamed, I don’t think adults are automatically obligated to save children at the expense of their own lives.[/quote]

Not flaming, let me know if you feel like I am and I will alter the language. People who claim to be men, have the inherent duty to help those in need just because that is what a man does. If someone looks at another human being period being attacked and doesn’t think I have to help, then they have lost the most basic aspect of what makes them a man. When there is fight worth fighting, men run towards it and cowards stand by hoping someone will do something. [/quote]
a man will save a child at any cost…[/quote]

Right.

And who’s going to raise and support my three kids once I’m gone because I’ve been ripped apart by a pack of wild African dogs?
[/quote]

That’s the point I was getting at, thanks!
[/quote]

I don’t think it would be a conscious thought. And I don’t think the actual fight would have been as close to a deathmatch as everyone thinks. I really do believe that if someone bigger would have got in there and given them any kind of resistance they would have given up. Any animal that is used to being fed everyday is not going to have the same kill drive against opposition that a wild one does.

The keeper that got there first chased them away with a rake. And to your point about taking care of your children, soldiers make that sacrifice everyday. You don’t plan on dying but you do what you have to do and let the chips fall where they may.[/quote]
Basically this.
Either you are the type of person who helps those in need or you aren’t.
I don’t know this thread you guys are referencing but a pack of zoo dogs (seems this is what the situation was?) would more than likely easily chased off by an agressive fully grown adult.
Which is what happened when the worker ran in apparently.[/quote]

Agree with this. If a lion found himself a new meal, chances are I wouldn’t jump in and wrestle the lion to death. But a few African dogs? I’m pretty sure they’re small enough to at least hold the fort until additional help comes.

1 Like

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
I don’t mean to appear as cocky, but I’m totally game to fight a 350 lb black bear. I feel like if I yoke 700lbs, deadlift significantly over the bears bodyweight, and can practically press the bear over my head…then I should definitely be able to take it in a fight. [/quote]

I can deadlift, squat, OHP, and bench more than Anderson Silva weighs. So I should be able to take him in a fight…nomsayin?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:
Seriously about the African dogs, (that story fucked up my mood for like a month when it happened by the way), Any man that did not jump in after that child and try to help it, is not a man and they make me sick. They might have torn me apart, but I would have been in there trying to keep those dog’s attention until someone could have helped and if you had several men get in there I think that half domesticated animals would have just given up not thinking it was worth it. [/quote]

In the vein of not being flamed, I don’t think adults are automatically obligated to save children at the expense of their own lives.[/quote]

Not flaming, let me know if you feel like I am and I will alter the language. People who claim to be men, have the inherent duty to help those in need just because that is what a man does. If someone looks at another human being period being attacked and doesn’t think I have to help, then they have lost the most basic aspect of what makes them a man. When there is fight worth fighting, men run towards it and cowards stand by hoping someone will do something. [/quote]

Right.

And who’s going to raise and support my three kids once I’m gone because I’ve been ripped apart by a pack of wild African dogs?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don’t think it would be a conscious thought. And I don’t think the actual fight would have been as close to a deathmatch as everyone thinks. I really do believe that if someone bigger would have got in there and given them any kind of resistance they would have given up. Any animal that is used to being fed everyday is not going to have the same kill drive against opposition that a wild one does.

The keeper that got there first chased them away with a rake. And to your point about taking care of your children, soldiers make that sacrifice everyday. You don’t plan on dying but you do what you have to do and let the chips fall where they may.[/quote]
Basically this.
I don’t know this thread you guys are referencing but a pack of zoo dogs (seems this is what the situation was?) would more than likely easily chased off by an agressive fully grown adult.

Agree with this. If a lion found himself a new meal, chances are I wouldn’t jump in and wrestle the lion to death. But a few African dogs? I’m pretty sure they’re small enough to at least hold the fort until additional help comes.
[/quote]
lol
If it was my kid if be going in either way.

1 Like

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Right.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Basically this.

[/quote]
lol
If it was my kid if be going in either way.[/quote]
If it was my kid and a lion, well fuck it Im going in

I can kick Chuck Norris’s ass… true story!

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Right.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Basically this.

[/quote]
lol
If it was my kid and a lion, well fuck it Im going in[/quote]

Like I said earlier, this story messed with my head for a solid month. I was like legitimately depressed by the whole thing. I think it had something to do with the kid being my nephew’s age (I am not a father but we are trying) and I just put him in that situation. I kinda think that I have come off with some kind of super hero bravdo type attitude but I want to be clear that I hope that I never have to make the decision where I have to lay my life on the line for someone else, but if I do I would like to think that I would because if I don’t I don’t think living with myself would be very easy.

1 Like

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Right.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Basically this.

[/quote]
lol
If it was my kid and a lion, well fuck it Im going in[/quote]

Like I said earlier, this story messed with my head for a solid month. I was like legitimately depressed by the whole thing. I think it had something to do with the kid being my nephew’s age (I am not a father but we are trying) and I just put him in that situation. I kinda think that I have come off with some kind of super hero bravdo type attitude but I want to be clear that I hope that I never have to make the decision where I have to lay my life on the line for someone else, but if I do I would like to think that I would because if I don’t I don’t think living with myself would be very easy.[/quote]

You dont know, However I will say when it is your child you just react. My daughter when she was about 4 was attacked by a neighbors dog, didnt even think about it ran right at it to get it off. Didnt even cross my mind if dog would attack me or not.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I believe when I fap that a kitten dies somewhere in the world. [/quote]

lol.

I do think that is a big part impotence and other sexual problems today up to the point of ending marriages.[/quote]

Dead Kittens??

bpick, you seem like a good guy.[/quote]

Thanks man. You also.

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Thanks man. You also.[/quote]
I’m Tom cruise.
called it.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

lol.

I do think that is a big part impotence and other sexual problems today up to the point of ending marriages.[/quote]

Dead Kittens??[/quote]
Well that was what my mom told me 30 years ago.

Its not true?

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

I’m Tom cruise.
called it.[/quote]

Iceman was cooler than Maverick anyway. Flame-free ha.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

lol.

Dead Kittens??[/quote]
Well that was what my mom told me 30 years ago.

Its not true?[/quote]

Yes it is true which is why we all need to regularly do our part to eradicate the world of Satan’s pets.

1 Like

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Right.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Basically this.

[/quote]
lol

Obvi.

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Better.

I actually looked for this but couldn’t find it. ha

I believe more people complain and worry about over-training than will actually suffer from it

Had a kid in my gym who over the course of the past few months month has asked me 100’s of questions about gaining weight and getting bigger. I’m always up for helping and doing what I can to help anyone who has genuine interest in lifting and is starting out. So I thoroughly explained some workouts and diet parameters to help him out a well as running him through a few workouts.

I go to the gym today and I see him sitting in the locker room eating a large bag of m&m’s. I look at him funny and he then explains he hasn’t eaten anything all day and proceeds to ask me why he isn’t getting any bigger or stronger. And then questions my knowledge and basically insults me.

I refrained from strangling him to death, but I wanted to.

1 Like

[quote]Bauber wrote:
Had a kid in my gym who over the course of the past few months month has asked me 100’s of questions about gaining weight and getting bigger. I’m always up for helping and doing what I can to help anyone who has genuine interest in lifting and is starting out. So I thoroughly explained some workouts and diet parameters to help him out a well as running him through a few workouts.

I go to the gym today and I see him sitting in the locker room eating a large bag of m&m’s. I look at him funny and he then explains he hasn’t eaten anything all day and proceeds to ask me why he isn’t getting any bigger or stronger. And then questions my knowledge and basically insults me.

I refrained from strangling him to death, but I wanted to.[/quote]

BUhaha, should be like bro eat the Peanut M&M’s its got the extra fat and proteins you need.

I believe obsessing over perfect form is a distraction from the movement at hand. I also believe in a two front progression in that strength increase in lifting higher weights with reasonable imperfection will translate directly into lifting higher weights with perfection.

1 Like