The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I understand his shit. But a lot of it is just so unnessary. But again, more books more profit since the train is steamrolling for him right now.

I would do the same thing.

Ah, the comment on jokers and 3/5/1 vs 5/3/1 led me to believe you found him confusing. I may have misunderstood the comment.

It was a parody, and you knew that Pwn!

Right. I may just be way off. I’m used to parodies being based on some aspect of reality. Like, there would have needed to have been confusion about jokers and 3/5/1 to be able to parody the confusion about it.

Like I said; I think the issue is on my end. I’ve seen people say that they found these things confusing, I just never got it. I think probably the more damaging thing was trying to view the program as a “powerlifitng program”, and through that paradigm is makes so little sense.

1 Like

Yeah, most of my ‘argument’ is from a confused person’s standpoint. Aka every person posting in his forum.

Just pop over there and read the questions.

1 Like

I think the greatest trick Wendler ever pulled was to make powerlifters train like bodybuilders.

But why are they still fat?

8 Likes

No, no don’t that. Not unless you want a sore face and a sore palm.

No joke, I get a neck ache from all the head shaking I do when I read those threads.

1 Like

I’m constantly amazed at the questions that get asked. I understand Jim’s frustration. It’s some sort of Kafkaesque nightmare where, the more you explain it, the more complicated it becomes.

1 Like

simplisity

6 Likes

He created it.

Mo money mo problems

1 Like

I’ve never actually looked at the 5/3/1 except in its infancy/introduction.

I’d be willing to be that if you wiped away the funny names and just looked at the sets,reps, loading, timing and progression- it would make all kinds of sense.

4 Likes

That is what I am saying. To create something and just keep explaining it and it gets more complicated. It reminds me of “Before the Law” or the Penal Colony.

1 Like

I agree, but am in a bit of a different space.

Wendler’s problem is he keeps creating. Stop creating when nothing needs to be created and the questions will stop.

But again, money.

2 Likes

I mean, if we’re going to go the full nihilist route, nothing ever needs to be created, haha.

3 Likes

We used to have a buried stash at the bmx track. Simpler times

2 Likes

Not going there. His first book filled a void.

Now it’s piles of shit on top of shit, respectfully.

1 Like

I think this mean you just went full nihilist, haha.

But I am right there with you.

1 Like

You can ask the question in his forum.

Good luck lol

Beyond book added 6 week cycles, first set last and joker sets plus new templates. All pretty simple, all no doubt improving the program.

5/3/1 looks to improve strength, conditioning, running speed, jumping, mobility. I can see why it erks people who just want to lift but that’s like being upset a sports car that doesn’t tow your caravan.

3 Likes

People seem to either love or hate 5/3/1. It is very dogmatic/cultish. I have mixed feelings about it myself.

2 Likes