The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Nah. I mean, yeah, logically, that’s the opposite of what I want, but it’s never been about “I’m going to make sure I’m never weak and always able to etc etc”; just some drive inside of me from as early as I can remember to be strong.

If there was a button and if you pressed it, it granted you with basically the limit of human strength instantly. Will you press it?

1 Like

Twice.

9 Likes

Why are you doing this?

It’s not a real knife and is mostly for fun, if I enjoy my conditioning I’m more likely to do it. I do 15 mins without it most days.

1 Like

Ah ok that’s good to hear. I can definitely relate about the conditioning part. I just didn’t want to hear that you lost an eye hitting a bag.

1 Like

you get rubber training knives that collapse too.

I remember when I was a kid, my dad was big and I wanted to be that way. Any time anyone needed help or needed something moved he was there. It wasn’t enough for me until I got to middle school and got bullied the entire time. So when I got to high school I wanted to lift so I could be strong enough and big enough to hold my own and be more like my dad. I seriously hate training, but I love getting bigger, stronger, faster, etc. It just takes up so much time and takes time away from other endeavors. Then you have to eat for it, sleep for it, it just eventually is a massive part of your life really. It’d be a hell of a lot easier if there were a button and all my goals would be hit without injuries and shit.

TL;DR I would destroy that button to get strong as fuck without ever touching a weight.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s just me but I do get annoyed when I see a new user who just appears in every single damn thread I see… Like jeez, maybe ease into it a little buddy?

That and you know… When you supposedly used to be 229lbs, 11.5% bodyfat but barely benched 240-260 for 5.

I’ve half a mind to start this for real.

6 Likes

Wendler is overtaking Rippetoe for the most dogmatic and cultish approach to weight training.

I hate these names Wendler is coining for his methods.

Krypteia? How about SUPERSETTING.

Windler is so misleading it’s not even funny. Simple? Whatever. He’s got the most complicated methods in the game now. I don’t need a calculator to figure out what I’m going to lift.

And did I mention the names. Wow.

5 Likes

I have felt this way about Thibedeau for awhile now. While he may be a smart and jacked coach, his programs always look like trash imo. Like that athlete bodybuilder program, his mTor bullshit, and the random “types” of bodies and shit he spews is just idiotic. How is it so hard to just train with heavier weight than a week ago to get stronger and more reps to get bigger? Especially since most the people who seem to read and follow his shit aren’t even that strong/big/fast.

1 Like

After the first 5/3/1, everything has just became such a chore. That’s why I moved away from it. Percentages can already become a pain in the ass, but once you mix in all this other new shit, it gets rough. I like Wendler, and his programs, but it really isn’t 5/3/1 to me anymore. Also, the names are so gimmicky now it’s getting ridiculous.

Yowtch! (Not flaming!! -lol)

S

2 Likes

I don’t mean that log on here, I mean the ones who look for advice from him. I don’t keep up with CT logs because most the programs look like a collage of programs he scrapped together from others, but if you look in the CT thread, it’s a bunch of untrained individuals worried about neurotypes and what type of snatch grip high pull to do between mTor sets and shit.

Sorry if I came off rude to those of you who follow CT’s bro-grams with success, I just really don’t like the wordy, “science” filled programs he pushes.

2 Likes

The programs are named after bands. I imagine to give them some extra exposure as the type of music he likes and supports doesn’t get very much.

2 Likes

Just to be clear I do not hate CT. I just feel like most of the people following cluster sets, pump sets, mTor sets, etc. would be much better suited following a tried and true strength progression with some pump work following it. I also don’t see why you should worry about meal timing and shit when you probably don’t eat enough to begin with or well enough at that.

1 Like

Yeah. Funny to critique Jim for names he didn’t come up with, haha.

I certainly didn’t take it that way. I joke around a hell of a lot in real life about how some people need to over complicate things. Hence the itaintrocketscience tag on my social media posts :wink:

S

2 Likes

I fucking love irony… and malaphors. Almost more than life itself.

Some of CT’s old articles are gold and I actually have their titles memorized so I can refer back to them here and there. My favorites were Pump Down the Volume, the How to Design a Damn Good Program series, the beginner series for training and nutrition, and Training Strategy Handbook. Actually, if one wanted to be a good bodybuilder (or maybe even a powerlifter), one would have 95+% of the puzzle solved (not contest prep) with just those articles! That right there just shows that going forward, after a certain amount of articles, there not much a fitness author can write about. The rest is simply shuffling information to and fro or coming up with stuff that won’t give people much of an edge compared to what they already received with older information.

So considering I’ve been helped by CT’s articles, I do have respect for him and consider him likable because he appears to be an OK guy who wants to help people.

With that being said, I am a bit baffled by some of his programs in the past decade, even by their titles considering the titles imply that the programs are actually the best for natural bodybuilders and as if they will offer something much more advantageous than what’s been done for even excellent bodybuilders or those who’ve achieved quite a bit with average genetics. But maybe it’s a good idea to have such titles to market to people.

2 Likes