The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Just mucking around with my pads comment btw, apples and oranges really. Not even that big of a fan of rugby, at least the code I think we’re talking about here. Rugby league (13 a side) is the way to go.

Concur on the lol row form, some use the term ‘bent over’ pretty loosely.

1 Like

I will always take eating amazing food, killing/loving workouts and enjoying life over eating bland crap, just ‘getting through’ my workouts and hating most days just so i can get INSANELY lean.

1 Like

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:
Seriously about the African dogs, (that story fucked up my mood for like a month when it happened by the way), Any man that did not jump in after that child and try to help it, is not a man and they make me sick. They might have torn me apart, but I would have been in there trying to keep those dog’s attention until someone could have helped and if you had several men get in there I think that half domesticated animals would have just given up not thinking it was worth it. [/quote]

In the vein of not being flamed, I don’t think adults are automatically obligated to save children at the expense of their own lives.[/quote]

Not flaming, let me know if you feel like I am and I will alter the language. People who claim to be men, have the inherent duty to help those in need just because that is what a man does. If someone looks at another human being period being attacked and doesn’t think I have to help, then they have lost the most basic aspect of what makes them a man. When there is fight worth fighting, men run towards it and cowards stand by hoping someone will do something. [/quote]
a man will save a child at any cost…[/quote]

Right.

And who’s going to raise and support my three kids once I’m gone because I’ve been ripped apart by a pack of wild African dogs?
[/quote]

Glad someone likes to apply logic and reason to the situation

[quote]bpick86 wrote:
I have another one. I freaking hate all these abbreviations. All the FML, FIFY, LOL, and all those others that I have to look up what they mean. I have been guilty of using them on occasion but it drives me nuts.[/quote]

X100000000000000000000000000000000000

I have to google half of them.

1 Like

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:
Seriously about the African dogs, (that story fucked up my mood for like a month when it happened by the way), Any man that did not jump in after that child and try to help it, is not a man and they make me sick. They might have torn me apart, but I would have been in there trying to keep those dog’s attention until someone could have helped and if you had several men get in there I think that half domesticated animals would have just given up not thinking it was worth it. [/quote]

In the vein of not being flamed, I don’t think adults are automatically obligated to save children at the expense of their own lives.[/quote]

Not flaming, let me know if you feel like I am and I will alter the language. People who claim to be men, have the inherent duty to help those in need just because that is what a man does. If someone looks at another human being period being attacked and doesn’t think I have to help, then they have lost the most basic aspect of what makes them a man. When there is fight worth fighting, men run towards it and cowards stand by hoping someone will do something. [/quote]

Right.

And who’s going to raise and support my three kids once I’m gone because I’ve been ripped apart by a pack of wild African dogs?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don’t think you two understand the can of worms you are openning!

God that was a good thread…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Right.

[/quote]

[/quote]

God that was a good thread…[/quote]

If its constellation I think I ended up in the group that said a grown man may have had some chance to fight the dogs somehow?

[quote]sjhutc wrote:
I will always take eating amazing food, killing/loving workouts and enjoying life over eating bland crap, just ‘getting through’ my workouts and hating most days just so i can get INSANELY lean. [/quote]

no one ever said you have to eat bland food to get lean

1 Like

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Right.

[/quote]

[/quote]

God that was a good thread…[/quote]

If its constellation I think I ended up in the group that said a grown man may have had some chance to fight the dogs somehow?
[/quote]

Ya there were quite a few posters over estimating their chance in that thread I think :wink:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:
the worst hit I ever took was when my QB threw an interception and I got ear holed by a linebacker… cracked the side of my helmet… [/quote]
Used to have what we called “hospital passes” in rugby. If the scrumhalf throws one too far backwards so that you have to stop or even backpedal to catch it, then you’re standing there motionless and upright. Those always hurt.

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

I definitely see your point, I just think that it kinda gets into a vicious cycle-- let’s say I say someone else’s kid and thereby leave my own family without their father/husband/whatever… that seems to be solving a problem by creating another one. I’m not saying we should all be selfish bastards and let everyone die, I’d like to think that I’d try and save someone should the opportunity ever arise, but I dislike the assumption that we should automatically disregard our own lives for the sake of someone else’s kid when we could have kids of our own. Of course if I had kids, I would love for someone else to save them if they needed it and I wasn’t there!

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Right.

[/quote]

That’s the point I was getting at, thanks!

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Right.

[/quote]

That’s the point I was getting at, thanks!
[/quote]

I don’t think it would be a conscious thought. And I don’t think the actual fight would have been as close to a deathmatch as everyone thinks. I really do believe that if someone bigger would have got in there and given them any kind of resistance they would have given up. Any animal that is used to being fed everyday is not going to have the same kill drive against opposition that a wild one does.

The keeper that got there first chased them away with a rake. And to your point about taking care of your children, soldiers make that sacrifice everyday. You don’t plan on dying but you do what you have to do and let the chips fall where they may.

1 Like

7,000,000 years of evolution >>>>>>>10,000 years of agriculture and 100 years of the health industry. Nature and tradition are far better indicators of what our bodies need than anything else. This goes for all diet/environment type things. We have a Much greater capacity to create and manipulate environment than we do to fully understand the long term and cumulative effects of that manipulation. Despite all the new medicine and medical capability, the average adult lifespan hasn’t changed much since the 1800s.

In the aggregate total, training lighter and smarter will lead to better strength than powerlifting type training. Being a little weaker now is more than compensated for by being stronger and still functional later.

2 Likes

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
In the aggregate total, training lighter and smarter will lead to better strength than powerlifting type training.[/quote]
That’s sort of what Brandon Lilly keeps saying.

Things I believe:

Your body today reflects dietary changes you made 2 weeks ago.

Your body today reflects training changes you made 6 weeks ago.

Whether or not you prefer the full house look depends solely on your fat distribution patterns. If you can gain fat and have it distributed over your arms, legs, ass, pecs, etc thereby making you look larger, then you will prefer that look. If, like me, all fat gain goes to your gut and ass, you will prefer a leaner look.

Front squats > back squats

OHP > BP, especially for anyone who sits at a desk all day.

The maximum amount of carbs (in grams) you should eat in a day can be expressed as 600(1-2*BF) - 20(s) - 2.5(A) + 60(H) where BF is your percentage of body fat expressed as a decimal, s = number of hours during the day you’re awake but sedentary, A is your age in years, and H is the amount of hours per day you spend working out.

For example, I’m a 40 year old man with %15 bf (DEXA) and I sit in a chair 8 hours a day and work out 1 hour per day. My maximum carb intake should be 600(.70) - 160 - 100 + 60 = 220 grams. A 20 year old who is active with %10 bf and who works out 2 hours a day should have a max of 550 grams per day.

Confession: I’m quite proud of the above formula (even if it is terribly imperfect) and if it is my sole contribution to human kind, I can die happy.

Looking good naked is as admirable a goal as a 500 lb DL.

2 Likes

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]sjhutc wrote:
I will always take eating amazing food, killing/loving workouts and enjoying life over eating bland crap, just ‘getting through’ my workouts and hating most days just so i can get INSANELY lean. [/quote]

no one ever said you have to eat bland food to get lean[/quote]

I think he means he sucks at cooking.

EDIT: I’m digging the formula Pangloss. I might have to apply it and see how it works.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
In the aggregate total, training lighter and smarter will lead to better strength than powerlifting type training.[/quote]

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
In the aggregate total, training lighter and smarter will lead to better strength than powerlifting type training. Being a little weaker now is more than compensated for by being stronger and still functional later.[/quote]

Not flaming: what does “better” strength mean?

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
That’s sort of what Brandon Lilly keeps saying.[/quote]

And it is exactly what Paul Carter preaches.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
In the aggregate total, training lighter and smarter will lead to better strength than powerlifting type training. Being a little weaker now is more than compensated for by being stronger and still functional later.[/quote]

Not flaming: what does “better” strength mean?
[/quote]
I also ask what is “power lifting” type training. When I was a power lifter I worked doing sets of 6-8 reps primarily and I have never been as strong as I was then… Not to mention today I went to the gym and worked up to a heavy set of 5 and when I went back to the lighter weight I was able to do more reps with the same weight I had used before… I would say that was “better” strength…