The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I dont get why so many people talk about Stronglift program. Ive stated this before on here…Ive spent a day around the guy whom created it and I just dont get it.

5 Likes

Oh wow…I’m honestly shocked the guy ever actually gets outside and sees the world.

But yeah, Mehdi is a joke. People will hitch their wagons to anyone that promises them an easy way forward.

4 Likes

When you use his cell phone app, it’s like he’s lifting with you.

3 Likes

It’s the same reason people will listen to BUMS on youtube for financial advice. Jesus Christ! If the guy is in his forties and living in a messy little apartment and getting by on affiliate programs and tips from his 1001 subscribers, he doesn’t know BALLS about finance. What THE FUCK? You guys think he’s fucking Clark Kent? Like he just likes keeping a low profile but from time to time he suddenly dons a cape, pulls multi-million dollar investment strategies out of his ass and hands them to you while you give him handouts to pay his rent? Holy fuck!

4 Likes

Financially successful people just have good inheritance and legal assistance. You can’t get rich naturally. It’s why your best bet is to listen to guys who have tried for years and are poor, because they GET what it takes to try to get rich naturally.

7 Likes

Thats no lie… at the time I had NO clue who he was until much latter. If you told me he created a program that people were doing in droves on the internet … I would have called BULLSHIT!

Screw it!! I like this version over Bob Segers …always have.

3 Likes

I got an egg custard pie for Father’s Day. Started thinking it might not be the worst breakfast before going to train in the morning. I think I’m on to something.

1 Like

I would disagree with you. I am not rich, (some would disagree - rich to me is very subjective) but you definitely can get financially comfortable without having a good inheritance and legal assistance. It takes a lot of work and some luck/ good breaks, but it is doable.

I know a handful of guys who are very wealthy - far wealthier than me - that started with nothing.

2 Likes

I was making a joke comparing the dumb things people say about finances as an allegory to the dumb things people say about lifting (all genetics and gear).

Unless you just went super meta on me and I missed it.

2 Likes

Agreed. I love Segars, but when it comes on the radio I get all the melodies wrong because I listen to that one more.

1 Like

Fucking hilarious. The deadlift is a good measure of strength, but not a good strength building movement. WTF!

1 Like

Yeah, as usual, I missed your sense of irony and was going to discuss how friends of mine had made money, including both of my brothers.

As usual, your sardonic nature throws me for a loop.

Good shit.

Completely missed it. Sorry bro, I have been out of the swing of forum talk for a bit.

1 Like

I learned a new word today, sardonic.

3 Likes

Aren’t they those little fish?

No worries. Sarcasm doesn’t translate well on the net.

2 Likes

I am a very funny man.

8 Likes

After this morning’s workout, it’s confirmed:
Egg custard pie is the breakfast of champions.

7 Likes

I feel like intermittent fasting-type diets are a right that has to be earned.

If you’ve trained for enough years to get strong and are 50lbs heavier than when you started lifting (and lean!), then yes - you know enough about what it takes to get your body growing so you may intermittent fast.

21 years old and a buck fifty? Nope - you need to get used to eating like a motherfucker so no intermittent fasting for you. Eat all day and that includes breakfast.

4 Likes