The Flame-Free Confession Thread

I try to look on the bright side: all that deficit pulling has got to be good for me, right? I hate when the plates spin and it rolls into your shins on put-down.

I love watching bouncer types get out lifted by 20 year old kids that they would probably call pussies outside of the gym. The iron is the great equalizer.

3 Likes

I’m 46 and if I can back squat 225 with good solid form (just below parallel and a slight pause in the hole) and zero pain for 12-15 reps I feel good about my training
I don’t train back squats with any regularity but this test tells me what I am doing is keeping my legs decently in shape.

I’ve been doing crossfit for the past week.
Don’t look at me like that, it’s fun!

1 Like

why not just squat?

I only front squat or goblet squat for two reasons

One I don’t like back squats because they make me stiff and front squats make me feel more loose and athletic

Two (remember this is flame free) I have boney knees and when I back squat my butt gets more pronounced and in shorts that and my boney knees makes my legs look tiny and out of proportion
Front squats and higher rep goblet squats with out locking out hits my quads more and ass less. Often I elevate my heels.

1 Like

That’s a good answer! I love it when people train “differently” but have a rational and well thought out reason for doing so.

3 Likes

I too have bones in my knees.

3 Likes

Got to admit… its great seeing the return of a former well know poster on this site. One of the few guys I truly have had mad respect for on this site.I think a few of the long time posters might also be happy seeing him back also… and NO its not a certain Professor.

1 Like

I tried frog’s legs last night. They were alright. I also recently tried snails; also alright.

French restaurants get you to your protein target in all kinds of weird and wonderful ways.

3 Likes

Still wanna interact with said certain professor for myself though. He seems to some sort of legend around this parts.

3 Likes

Is it bushido? His stuff was really good on training and such.

Rogue Vampire’s back?
:grin:

I’ve never had them so I can’t speak to their quality, but boy they do not sound appetizing. Kudo’s for giving them a shot.

Those sound like the kinds of food one would have to resort to as a last option… “We are out of everything else?" Fuck it, I’ll eat that frogs legs and those snails”

@Basement_Gainz @dt79 I am not at liberty to say :no_mouth: he is under a different user name and its not my place to say whom it is and i wont divulge his former username out of respect. I will say it is one of the stronger guys that has frequent this site. When a few of the long time posters come across him they will know…

@Benanything Ill but it this way the Professor I believed stay cleared of the this individual… In allot of ways I would consider him the opposite of the Professor .

3 Likes

you saying an old poster is here reminded me, do you happen to remember the name of that tank motherfucker that used to be on here? He used to only train in high rep sets, mostly twenties, and really pushed the intensity. I think his name started with a “b.” Anyone chime in, he used to have a log on here as well.

Now I’m racking my brain trying to figure it out.

Its difficult because there have been some real beasts over the years.

Wife and I worked in the yard all day today, got a million tasks done. Had a dozen eggs for breakfast and grilled dinner. Wife scrubbed the nicotine stains out of the $1000 truck I just bought while wearing short shorts. Kids had a great time playing all day. I got a good burn across the shoulders and got stung on the rhomboid. I spend way too long paying for this yard and not enough time enjoying it. Today was Norman Rockwell kinda day. Then the Pens win the Stanley cup. Today was an awesome day. How do I custom order more of these days?

6 Likes

the frog legs were alright, just lumps of white meat on a weirdly shaped bone. You could almost convince yourself it was a chicken wing if you squinted at it. There was nothing discernibly froggie about the taste or texture.

Snails weren’t as slimy as I thought they’d be, but still pretty weird. Not unpleasant; just weird.

1 Like

Someone mentioned him a while ago so I read all his old logs, it’s bauber.

2 Likes