The Flame-Free Confession Thread

Alexis Biedel is really cute.

Confession: I fell for and owned a mask…also bought the sweet Bane cover for it.

Now that I think of it 500 was the first big weight I saw someone do at a gym when I started lifting, was bench press too. Took many years later to see that much on a squat or deadlift which was at a 24 hour fitness surprisingly.

Go for it!

1 Like

seriously, it’ll be a lot of fun, probably a brutal conditioning workout, and the hoofers at the school where I used to take modern were a great bunch of people, even if I’m not a huge fan.

Ok, from the other thread, I do ab work to bring up my lifts despite almost certainly not being able to double body weight farmers walk for 30 seconds. Sorry Dr. Chicken Legs.

3 Likes

In general, I don’t listen to anyone that measures farmer’s walks by pure time vs distance traveled OVER time.

It’s why we see videos of people waddling with 15lb dumbbells in their hands. The point of the farmer’s walk has been lost.

3 Likes

Dr Chicken Legs disapproves of you training abs, you haven’t earned the right to it yet. He will now commence his fastidious calf workout.

3 Likes

Okay confession time. Yesterday I did squats with socks and sandals, and it wasn’t my first time doing that.

1 Like

see I love Dr Rusin but statements like that are such a desperate appeal for likes from the anti-bodybuilding functional types I can’t help but roll my eyes.

It’s the same with things like if you can’t do X amount of chins you shouldn’t do curls or if you can’t deadlift X then you shouldn’t do Y.

Meh, I’ll do whatever exercise I please, thanks.

5 Likes

oh my god you should totally do that

1 Like

Yeah maybe I will…

No matter what any expert says if you don’t do direct arm work your arms will lag and look out of proportion in tshirts

I am doing butter coffee in morning, fast til dinner than a large but reasonable dinner of protein and vegetables. My stomach and chest leaned up drastically and I have noticed zero strength loss. This is week two. This approach has made life simpler and given me so much free time. Plus I am not stressing if we go out to eat on weekends about calories or macros. I just eat something not fried that lived at one time and salad or vegetables.

2 Likes

I went out for dinner tonight with a big group of friends, and I knew there’d be a load of girls there so before the meal I went to the gym and trained the absolute shit out of my arms so they were all pumped up. One tight-fitting t-shirt later and I was good to go.

After receiving several compliments, I knew I had made the right decision.

19 Likes

Have you read the old elitefts article on how to maintain an arm pump through a night out? Absolutely hilarious lol.

1 Like

About 6-8 years ago, For about 12 seconds, I actually considered getting the T Nation logo as a tattoo

8 Likes

I eat pizza for breakfast every day.

I eat nachos for lunch and dinner quite often.

I eat Kfc at least twice a week.

But I still struggle to put on weight :triumph:

I did this a year or so ago. On the train ride to the clubs I did close grip chins on the handles. The trick was doing enough to get a pump but not so much that I made my shirt sweaty… Needles to say I got a few weird looks from the other train passengers!

2 Likes

Once I’m at the club, I’ll hit a quick set of 20 or so pushups on my way back from the bathroom to keep the pump going.

1 Like

On the bathroom floor? Do you at least wash your hands after

1 Like