The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

I can relate. I had two near-fatal injuries a couple decades ago that left me with lifelong pain and deficits. For many years, each day was torment. While I may have a more defined faith about God than you, the same, exact reasoning as you kept me going - I’m miserable on Earth, but somewhere deep inside, I KNOW that taking my life is wrong and Hell is much, much worse.

On the flip side, I found some relief from my distress in reaching out to God. Some days when I didn’t think I could continue, I’d flip open the Bible, read a few lines, and be suddenly amazed at a verse or passage that EXACTLY addressed what I was experiencing.

Call out to Jesus, he can empathize with what you’re experiencing.

2 Likes

Yes. See, I’m not foreign to the Bible. Actually, I’d go so far as to say I know it better and have read more of it than most people. And unlike you, I don’t think I’ve ever had this experience.

Didn’t realise how literal we were going with the “Confession” thing. Best say my Hail Marys.

4 Likes

Check your e-mail.

5 Likes

Hey, I’m sorry, I forgot the password to that email. I just changed it to my current email.

Sent it.

Finding a good therapist and proper meds can make a world of difference. You are not alone and there are people who can help you.

2 Likes

Based off his training log, I think he means physical pain rather than emotional/existential.

4 Likes

Physical Therapist then. Whatever works.

1 Like

In this case, would be GI stuff. He’s seeking treatment from the looks of it.

It bugs me for some reason that people will lump all strength type training as Powerlifting for some reason.

3 Likes

I took a collge class as a high school junior a couple years ago. It was some type of history class. And at a state university too. The professor said one day (I’d heard some form of this but he explained it best) this:

If you are a Christian and you’re correct, then yay, you go to Heaven. If you’re wrong, then no harm done, cause you’re dead and nothing matters anymore.

If you are an atheist, and you’re correct, then good for you. You die and nothing happens. If you’re wrong, whoops now you’re stuck in hell.

He worded it better, but it just made sense. Why take the risk?

Just my personal opinon.

2 Likes

It bugs me when someone who does crossfit feels some type of weird affinity with me. To be fair, this bugs me whether it’s crossfit or not haha

3 Likes

Not sure this is a good reason to follow Christianity. Using this same logic you would aLao need to be a pagan, a Muslim, a Buddhist and a Scientologist !! Pretty sure if you follow along ‘just because’ then god would see you as a non believer anyway.

3 Likes

It’s all about getting a foot in the door. This God fella seems reasonable, once you have him at the table it’s just a matter of executing dem sweet negotiating skillz

5 Likes

This is the the position of a Philosoher named Blaise Pascal. You might like his writings.

2 Likes

This is known as “Pascal’s wager”

I find it runs into the issue that, if this deity is all knowing, he’ll know that your faith was based off a gamble rather than being actual faith.

EDIT: Damn, @dchris and @simo74 beat me to it.

4 Likes

I want to confess that my current training program is making me STRONGLY consider quitting training.

6 Likes

I had this interesting thought. When I was a kid, I use to love scary movies. They’d make me jump, have nightmares, but I kept coming back for more.

Now as an adult. I find them so stupid and nothing honestly scares me at all.

But I decided I’m directing a horror movie targeted to scare adults.

The title of my movie will be called “BILLS”.

It’s basically the story of a monster that comes around once a month to collect his share of your hard earned money. It’s scares the hell out of me, I’m sure it will scare a lot of adults too because they can relate :laughing:

8 Likes

Sounds like you’re in deep water :slight_smile:

2 Likes