The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

Actually stu is talking about a certain individual that those gentlemen are talking about. Which he shares the same sentiment :smile:

Don’t get the man fired up.

I know I was just busting his chops. If you read that post out of context it sounded like Stu was really beating himself up!

2 Likes

Was not sure you knew the story👍

I joined a group training program for a month and I left feeling like a sucker that got used for a money grab by the fitness industry .

You guys never learned the secret that you can avoid getting ripped off by online training coaches by being completely uncoachable, stubborn and stupid.

11 Likes

I think I have some of those qualities. I don’t believe that everyone should do the same movements the same way. I’ve changed every program I’ve run written by someone else to suit me. I’d be a bad client.

2 Likes

I like Queen but I’ve always hated Brian May’s playing. Today I just found out that the only guitar part I’ve ever liked on a Queen song, which was in the song “Innuendo”, was played by the guitarist from Yes. Lol.

I’d rather watch turner classic movies than nfl football. I’ve watched some great old movies the last few days while being sick.

3 Likes

Edward G Robinson is a true OG!

1 Like

What about the solo in I Want It All?

EDIT: and the riff to Now I’m Here?

1 Like

I don’t even remember what they sound like lol. I don’t dislike his compositions. I just don’t like the way he plays the guitar and I think his solos suck. And I HATE his guitar tone. It’s fucking awful (IMO).

I’ve been ready to kill myself for years, and that desire has greatly intensified in recent months. However, I’m too much of a pussy to actually go through with it. I think one of the only things stopping me at this point is my halfhearted belief in a higher power; and consequently my being in a worse bag of shit if I go to Hell than if I just live.

I wish there was something I could say that would take away your pain, but I know words don’t help. I have been where you are, and I can only tell you to hang in there and keep believing. Whatever it takes.

Years ago I had a friend that everytime you ask him, “What are you doing?” You would say… “Anything to get me through the day!” I didn’t understand it the time, but it really rang true when I was where you are.

Do whatever it takes to get you through the day. I am not talking about drugs or alcohol. I am talking about your faith or what brings you peace. Even if it’s something nobody else understands.

2 Likes

I find it impossible to put my faith in a higher power, but at the same time, there’s definitely the possibility that a higher power exists (I’m not foolish enough to rule something out of existence just because my mind can’t comprehend it).

I understand that, and if there is not one, it certainly will do no harm by being a decent human being. BUT! If there is… and you commit the “unforgivable” sin, then the consequences are, for me anyway, unthinkable.

All I have to do is burn myself cooking and know I surely don’t want to spend eternity in hell!

I always liked this scrne… It makes sense. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Of course. Being an atheist doesn’t give you exclusive rights to being a mean person.

2 Likes

May I ask WHY you want to kill yourself? You don’t have to answer.

Honestly, I’m not really comfortable getting into all of the nitty-gritty details here. I’ll just boil it down to this: life sucks and I don’t see it getting better. I’m in pain 24/7.

Fair enough. All I can offer is hope. I did not see anything getting better for me either. It actually got worse. Then, in my most desperate time, one person changed it. That’s all it takes, one person. I’m not talking about falling in love or bullshit like that. One person gave me a chance, had faith in me. I would have never thought that an 82 year old lady would have been my saving grace, but she saved me. And didn’t even realize she had done it.
Keep hanging on. Even the bad times pass.

2 Likes