The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

Yeah, I said the same thing. Just sucks that my body had to go haywire TODAY of all days, haha.

Im not one of those guys that offers free advice at the gym. But a situation made me step in and do the douch thing.

I had just been deadlifting. It was January last year so it was about 160-175kg, 360-390lb. Two kids, each 16-17 years old, no size or muscle on them asked me if I was done with the dead lift platform. Impressed they’d forgone the 100 sets of curls and flies and wanted to deadlift, I finished off and offered to clear the weight from the bar. They said no. I checked and they said no again.

I stepped off the platform. One of the kids stepped up, no warm up and tried to go at it. I was still picking up my water bottle from the ground. Rounded back, bar in a different town to his shins, legs dead straight. I had to step in and kinda told them off.
I hated myself for doing it. I felt like a total prick. And if I’d have cleared to bar and they’d have loaded it then selves it would have been fine. But somehow I felt responsible for them.

I swapped out my broccoli at lunch today and added cabbage instead. Given how low calories cabbage is I fully expect to see my abs when I get home from work today

5 Likes

I ate 16 pieces of sushi, a 6-piece spicy tuna roll, a 6-piece California roll, 6 pork gyoza, a container of sticky rice, and some chicken skewers like 2 hours ago, and I’m already eyeing the tenderloin steaks i have in the fridge. Sautéed spinach and mini red potatoes on the side. It’s going down, whether my wife thinks I’m crazy or not.

8 Likes

You would hate me on squat days then. #teamshortshorts

4 Likes

Confession 1:

I just had a pop tart for the first time in… 16 years? Certainly since I was in single digit age, and even then I only had them rarely, they were never in my house. It was crap, I was thoroughly disappointed given the hype

Confession 2:

Immediately after tasting the poptart, and realizing its shame, my first thought was “huh, gotta bitch about this on t-nation.”

7 Likes

You might just be a pop tart non-responder. It’s like one in so many X number of people, kinda like creatine.

6 Likes

The only way a pop-tart is tolerable is toasted, with butter slathered on top so the icing is melting into the butter.

4 Likes

What flavor? I eat exclusively smores tarts, they always treat me right

Bowels. You’ll see your bowels.

4 Likes

He’ll be fine

I’ve eaten 1/2 a kilo of radish + 4 cups of cooked spinach in 1 sitting + 1 cup of blueberries (mindless youtube watching during dinner) as my carbs for dinner not too long ago and suffered no GI distress

Note: I’m a 5’0, 40kg female. I’m sure Simo74 has a bigger intestinal tract than me

1 Like

Seriously, that’s your confession?

Last year at a barbecue buffet, I had 20 pieces of spare rib, 2 3oz stakes, 10 wings, 10 veggie skewers and 3 sausages. That’s after eating 8 eggs earlier in the day

Not too long ago, my parents and I went to a steamed seafood place and I polished off 1/2 kilo of shrimp, 200g mussels, a blue crab and 500g of a 700g halibut, 300g spinach and idk how many mushrooms. (everything was weighed)

I’m pretty sure you weigh at least twice as much as me.

With that said, starchy foods kill my appetite, so idk how you managed to put down all that rice.

1 Like

Strawberry. Fairly certain it’s the only kind I have ever had

Well there’s your mistake! Cherry is okay from what I remember (it’s been over 10 years since I tried it) cinnamon and brown sugar is the generic gold standard and smores is the only one I’ve had lately.

I’m under the impression that there’s a pop tart for everyone, don’t give up!

1 Like

I’ve never eaten a pop tart in my life.

3 Likes

Same. I actually really want one because of this forum, though. However they are only sold in packs of 8 at my local supermarkets and I really don’t trust myself to only eat one.

4 Likes

I would probably eat the 8 pack lol. But they’re only sold at selected supermarkets over here and I can’t be bothered to go look for them. Just gonna stick to my daily jar of nutella.

The last time I had a pop tart was eating a pack of cinnamon pop tart in 3rd grade. Tasted great, but the tongue ulcers weren’t worth it.

1 Like

Another confession:
I’m so hypocritical when it comes to training. I constantly complain about how boring accessories are, but happily do the same big 4 exercises (squat, bench, deadlift, and row).

Anyone else feel the same?

2 Likes

You are not missing anything!

1 Like