The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

John Woo’s A Better Tomorrow 2

1 Like

YESSSS. Adding it to my weekend watch list for sure!

1 Like

How is this possible? White rice is like eating polystyrene. Fuck clavicle lengths, this is the real genetic gift.

2 Likes

If you asian, you can handle loads of rice lol.

How can you not want to eat these!?

rice2

2 Likes

The chicken looks good, I’ll give you that. If I had a choice, all that rice would go in the bin though. And take most pasta and potato with it.

I like rice but I hate prepping it. It’s the nost complicated simple thing there is.

I hate washing it, I never remember the water to rice ratio (I mostly just put it lots of water and drain now otherwise it comes out crunchy or mush lol), I hate the last 5 grains that get stuck on whatever you’re cooking it.

1 : 1.33 or 3:4 if you like whole numbers

What I wouldn’t do for some plain white rice right now !!! Hmmmmm riiiiiice

Steamed sticky white rice from a rice cooker with soy sauce, all day, erry day.

4 Likes

A rice cooker is your friend and cheap. 20 min perfect rice. Learn from the asians they are smarter.

5 Likes

I had problems with cooking rice for years, tried rice cookers, microwave, water to rice ratio etc etc and my rice was always shit.
Fiend of mine showed me an a way and since then my rice is always great.

Basically 3/4 fill a good size pan with water and bring it to the boil. It needs to be boiling hard before you add the rice.
When you add the rice the water will stop boiling, so here is the important bit, you need to stir the rice to stop it sticking to bottom of pan and to each other. You keep the rice moving for a few mins until the water boils hard again. Once it’s boiling the motion of the water boiling will keep the rice moving. Let it boil for 10mins (maybe different depending on rice grain). Taste it to check if done and then strain it and you are done.
I always take mine out slightly under done because it keeps cooking while it’s cooling and you are going to reheat later anyway.

I find rice takes up room on my plate that could be filled with steak.

6 Likes

How’s that?

But it’s not like he doesn’t deserve it for being a dick and telling me very loudly that “he doesn’t want to get whatever I have” in front of all my other classmates after I tried to talk to him about my condition in private. I wonder if he’d enjoy being me.

Good opportunity to say “I feel the same about you”

3 Likes

I just put more steak on top of the rice!

Rice (jasmine) is super easy I just eyeball half water/half chicken stock or broth. Read the package for the proper amounts of water to rice, but one cup dry yields 3 cups cooked. Boil the water, add rice and stir well. Reduce heat and cover. SIMMER for 15 mins. And every 5 minutes of that give a quick stir (3 times). Voila!

1 Like

But have you ever considered putting more steak on top of the steak?

8 Likes

I don’t think that is something you want JMaier31 to elaborate on if you don’t get it.

4 Likes

This reminds of me of when I go with somebody to a BBQ joint. They ask what sides do you want? Beans, coleslaw, potato salad? My answer is always sausage.

2 Likes

Of course, I love steak topped steak.

1 Like