The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

I think every person who starts on this journey needs to read that line. Even I need to follow that advice!

4 Likes

That’s why I’ve been using different programs to learn. To take what I can from each style of training, in the end I come back to 531. We will do accessories or supplemental movements with variation to address weaknesses and some blocks with accomidating resistance.

Westside for me was a wheel spinning endeavor. Not because it doesn’t work, but because I’m weak. I don’t understand the basics well enough for variation extremes to pay dividends. Also being a raw lifter some of the movements used in westside are tailored to geared positions and lifts. I’m not at a place to adjust westside to meet raw lifting needs.

2 Likes

From what I have seen over the years . That a top guys training will evolve over time . But their core principles will remain constant.

2 Likes

Oh, I believe it.

Ah, 5/3/1 or die. I’m right there with you. Ran it for 6 months and never got tired of it. Now, I just hit my weakest spots with assistance movements! Light Good Mornings usually do the trick.

1 Like

Confession:
I bought the 2a program just to see what would be different then any number of ct programs I’ve done. I like it so far. I tend to program hop any way but I’ve been sticking with it.
I hear ya on the gimmicky nature of it but I’ve found that if I listen to some of the traits ct describes I aligned more with certain things. I’m planning on doing some 5/3/1 next for a decent run.

:wink:

6 Likes

Do you mean “Tren” optimally

2 Likes

Confession:

I still haven’t figured out how to make painful, 6 a day restroom trips enjoyable in any capacity. My gym teacher is also a dickhead, because he simply doesn’t process the fact that bathroom issues are a part of my condition (and as a result I’ve been marked late and unprepared for class more than a few times). I‘d have half a mind to smash his face directly into a brick wall. I hate my school anyway, so I might just do that.

I FUCKING LOVE WHITE RICE!

I find it weird when people don’t like rice.

14 Likes

However much your school sucks, you will hate prison more.

13 Likes

Confession: I miss the days gone by when I would just wake up, start getting ready for my workout, feel like a million bucks and decide, “Yep, I’m gonna max out today.” and then go do it and still be able to make progress haha

6 Likes

Aren’t you supposed to max out everyday though? That’s how the Bulgarians did it! LOL.

3 Likes

How’d I know you were gonna say that? You’re not wrong, though.

1 Like

But your illness might actually work in your favor in prison.

3 Likes

Hell ya!

2 Likes

Hey, when you’re old enough to totally own the ‘aged mentor advising the hot-headed young kid’ trope, you gotta lean into that shit…

3 Likes

I personally like basmati rice vs jasmine. I feel like basmati sits better in my stomach and doesn’t make me as full. So I can eat more of it lol.

1 Like

I don’t know what movie/show that is, but now I gotta see it lol.

1 Like