The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

I think I remember french fries…

2 Likes

How do you stay carbohydrated?

2 Likes

I front loaded for the first 21 years.

12 Likes

Not a bodybuilder but this came to mind.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqBNbEjBEiP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16f1mual2xz16

I think it’s a dedicated piece of equipment. He also has a belt squat apparatus. He doesn’t barbell squat and I’m not sure if he deadlifts. I’d use these toys if I had his gym.

It’s great as an addition to a casserole in a crock pot, especially with chicken or pork.

I’m so tempted to try this:

3 Likes

I have cats to spare so let me know if you need any.

2 Likes

That’s just great! Now I have the weird mental image of a 83 year old women in a tight ass Catwomen outfit! Thanks allot :tired_face:

4 Likes

Confession:

Since discovering that I can access free videos on Amazon Prime, I’ve started watching old episodes of Robotech during my lunch breaks. I have such fuzzy memories of watching this show when I was in high school (late '80s), it’s pretty entertaining and strange to view them again now.

S

5 Likes

Yeah I have found that watching stuff from your younger days can be a double edge sword . I tried watching the six million dollar man. Not as fun for me as a adult !

3 Likes

Well, I mean, that’s inflation for ya.

9 Likes

Couple that with the rate of tech development and, ouch.

1 Like

When I was a little kid I was enthralled with Spectreman. I found it recently on youtube and my first thought was “I sure was a dumbass when I was 5. This show sucks!”

6 Likes
1 Like

I have only had the chance to watch the intro and I have to say, so far, it looks the greatest thing in the history of the universe!

If cheesy nostalgia, English dubs and groovy baselines are your thing, you’ll probably love Spectreman. It’s probably one of the five or six best Japanese-produced monster-fighting superhero series of the early 70’s, which is why I could always find it on UHF channels when I was a kid.

2 Likes

@T3hPwnisher

I once tried to “intervene” when I thought this one duck was being “attacked” by two other ducks. Then I said hmmm…went home and googled…I am not a bright man LOL.

This happened when I was leaving the gym. So…stupid outside the gym, savant inside? lol

More confession -I only thought to google because I was familiar with how (some?) insects like to “hitch a ride” on other insects.

1 Like

Hah! I’ve definitely never rushed to “save” an animal in that regard, but I HAVE on multiple occasions gone out to “rescue” what I thought was a lost neighborhood dog that turned out to in fact be a coyote.

I’ve done it enough times that I’m convinced to give it an earnest try sometime just for the laughs. Post a photo of it on facebook with the caption “Found dog. Not very friendly. Responds to no commands. No collar. Please contact if yours”

10 Likes

We had “Ultraman” in our area, some time in the late '70s early 80s.

2 Likes

There’s so many of these cheeseball Japanese shows it’s probably impossible to know which was the original, let alone the best of the rip-offs.

You’d probably need to go to some really dark and decrepit corner of the internet to find the scholar who knows all of this information. Like Reddit or 4chan.

1 Like