The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

This is when I like to take out my phone.

1 Like

There he is! Nice to see you!

3 Likes

I think the glute girl craze has gone far enough. I see so much misinformation being utilized in the gym. Poor girls who would be better off doing squats are worried about banded hip thrusts and bodyweight squats. I know they can feel that glute medius burning but it’s doing nothing for the 20 lbs of flab they’re hiding with high waisted tights.

Poor girls just want to look good but they’re listening to the wrong people. It’s a shame.

1 Like

Girls doing booty workouts is the new guys doing chest workouts.

They’re fucking EVERYWHERE in my gym.

Today I did calves and abs.

I believe curls are more functional than hip thrusts. I think that the only exercise that gives less bang for the buck than weighted hip thrusts is the weighted side bend for obliques.

And I don’t care what the EMG studies say. Take that, Contreras.

2 Likes

Functional? Well, thrusts have enormous carryover to sex. Curls would carry over to vigorous masturbation…

I guess we have different functional needs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Sure, if you’re a beta orbiter and like to be at the bottom.

For alphas, the deadlift or RDL and especially dimel deadlift is preferred.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

But if you want big glutes, then hip thrusts are way more functional than curls…

Try getting a big ass with curls :smirk:

Real men do not do weighted hip thrusts in the gym. QED.

Who’s gonna tell James Harrison?

What was your username again…? :stuck_out_tongue:

Serious question, are there any high level bodybuilders that use the hip thrust to build their glutes?

Where do you think the term “Curlz for the Gurlz” came from? :wink:

You lost me in translation.

1 Like

That having been said, there are SO many other movements to do that these just don’t end up my priority list.

My confession is I’m planning on getting Figure 8 straps, mainly because “strap in on your time” is a bullcrap rule, but maybe it will get me to try out a deadlift suit.

EDIT: Double confession: I bought apple cider vinegar and I still don’t know why.

3 Likes

[quote=“T3hPwnisher, post:258, topic:248113, full:true”

That having been said, there are SO many other movements to do that these just don’t end up my priority list.

[/quote]

That is actually my real point wrt the average gym goer. The time and effort it takes to set up this exercise is just not worth it for the benefits.

It’s almost like the leg press, but even more time and plates to set up.

I sometimes think (big) guys like to do this exercise just to have a massive amount of weight on the bar for show. Again, just like the leg press.

I want to see someone doing a 1000lb hip thrust while his “mate” is teabagging them for the extra weight, because the bar can’t hold enough weight, know what I’m sayin’?

Yeah scratch that, I was sure your username was punyguy lol

I think it’s more that, when you have 3+ hours to train, you can start really hitting some interesting and specific exercises. The shorter the timeframe, the more efficiency becomes important.

The hip thrust is probably a fantastic glute developer. The RDL does not compare as far as pure glute development goes…but it does a solid job with glutes and hamstrings. And the conventional deadlift isn’t as great at those two, but is very adequate for the entire posterior chain. Etc.

I have a glute ham raise in my garage that I pretty much never use. It’s a great movement, but it just doesn’t fit into my 1 hour of training paradigm.

4 Likes

you mean put a bar in front of a bench?

2 Likes

It’s great on home made French fries.

1 Like