The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

I used the Elite FTS ones, which I always thought were very similar if not the same.

1 Like

Yep you can get you one of those for a bargain price of $240.00

In bocca al lupo!

1 Like

Been using Jersey Gold milk in my shakes to get a bit of extra fat in (5g per 100ml vs 3.5g per 100ml for normal whole milk, plus it’s much nicer) and a bottle that had been in the fridge a few days separated into cream in the blender today. Genuinely considering trying to make that happen every day…

1 Like

Jersey milk is great. I can’t verify, but my wife, who grew up drinking raw jersey milk (she grew up in a Dutch Amish-type community) tells me that the protein in it is different from the lactose in Holstein milk, which is what most American milk is, and is actually easier on lactose-intolerant people.

1 Like

I can verify. We had a Jersey cow when I was a kid. The best milk EVER! Two inches of cream on top, everyday. It was glorious.

1 Like

Can confirm, I’m very lactose intolerant but can actually handle raw milk just fine. It’s just next to impossible to get in the UK.

1 Like

Just put an order in for a cambered squat bar for ‘the gym’ (for me), perks of being the manager? I can outfit ‘my’ gym however I want :joy:

5 Likes

To be honest I like the majority of people on this site. Those I don’t I at least can tolerate and be civil with. Except for one who I refuse to directly interact with. Because I am not sure if he is just being a troll or is actually that self delusional .

3 Likes

Confession: dead stop deadlifts are easier than touch and go, despite people wanting to believe the other. It’s very convenient to chide touch and go as “bounce deadlifts” while you take 45 seconds between reps on “a set” of dead stop deadlifts. That would be like squatting 1 rep, racking the bar, walking away from it, adjusting your belt, taking a few deep breaths, and then getting under it again just to repeat the whole process (also known as “rest pausing” among the civilized world).

Meanwhile, touch and go deadlifts force you to rest at the TOP of the rep. Good luck getting in a deep breath from there.

10 Likes

To be fair, I instinctively realized this a while ago. I have never tried touch and go, but thinking about it I’d much rather take one or two seconds to compose myself and get tight for the next rep than have to immediately begin the next one.

1 Like

Not to mention you actuslly have to do some form of deadlift negative. You can free fall a deadstop deadlift, but some control needed on touch and go. Hardest part for me.

1 Like

That’s because your form sucks.

4 Likes

Personally, I find dead-stop pulls to be equally as hard as touch-and-go pulls (obviously, this merits that dead-stop sets are done within 1:00-1:15; and that touch-and go pulls are controlled and done well). However, I can get more reps with touch-and-go pulls! Getting fewer reps on an exercise doesn’t necessarily equate to it feeling “harder”. Block deadlifts vs. floor deadlifts come to mind. Just because I can do more weight for more reps on block deadlifts doesn’t make block deadlifts easier. At least, that’s my opinion.

1 Like

That’s a very fair point as well. People like to say TnG are easier because you can do more reps on them, but it’s because they think TnG and dead stops are the same.

Take your 5rm of deadstop reps and then take your 5rm of touch and go reps. Then, do a max set of 80% of that number. You’re probably going to get more deadstop reps than touch and go, as you’re simply not going to be able to maintain the brace and breathing for as long with the latter. Yeah, you can do more reps when the weight is the same, but when the actual percentages are the same, its different.

1 Like

That is a valid point that I didn’t think about. But, in my case, I think doing something like 270 x 12 dead stop is harder than doing something like 300 x 10 Touch and Go. That might just be me, though.

I like touch and go for rdl’s and sldl’s, but full stops for regular deads.

I don’t like any of them for more than 5 reps though.

With you there. Although, I don’t think I could set up properly without setting the bar down. I try to make sure to take no more than two or three breaths between reps though, so that’s maybe five seconds at most.

Well great the Bench frame arrived but the pad is on hold still…

no%20tell%20wife

Ok I admit i am a spoiled bitch considering how fast this stuff has gotten to me at this point.

5 Likes

My weight loss stall which is surprising given I am walking an extra 15 minutes per day during lunch.

I am considering adding some more walking time. The easiest is probably to go past my usual pizza store and walk to the pizza store that’s 2 blocks further down for lunch.

8 Likes