The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

Well… pulled the trigger and ordered myself a ( I hope) good quality SSBar. Didn’t hurt my decisions that I got my annual bonus check.

7 Likes

Hope you got the elietfts… is is worth every penny spent

2 Likes

I get most of my stuff from them normally…shipping is pretty quick since I am less than 2 and half hour drive from them.

2 Likes

Please! Please! which ones?? :smile:

1 Like

Probably best to keep that to myself. But, I really want to point out some inconsistencies.

2 Likes

Don’t feel too bad. Today I drove 60+ minutes at speeds exceeding 90km/h with my handbrake half on. I’m terrified my brakes are going to fail on me now.

3 Likes

ouch, i would get the rear brakes checked.

on an unrelated note… confession: i can’t figure out how the behind the neck press would hit the middle delts better… i am not trying to bash on the exercise, and i’m aware there are people with huge credentials who swear by it. i’m just genuinely trying to understand how, mechanically speaking, the middle delts would be in a position to be hit better with the bar behind the head. i haven’t been able to yet.

1 Like

Yeah car’s going in for scheduled service next week, thank god

1 Like

When pressing behind your neck, your lateral and rear delt are the ones working to hold your elbows back and stop the weight coming down on your head. It’s not as much that they are working harder in moving the weight vertically, but that they spend more time contracting hard during the movement.

Easy way to feel the effect directly is lay face down on the floor and mimic a behind the neck press with a broom handle, you take out the front delts by laying down and you will definitely feel what’s going on. Also a good bench warmup move.

6 Likes

Old School Flaming!

Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

I do bite my thumb, sir.

Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir; but I bite my thumb, sir.

11 Likes

I feel like that would be old school trolling, with old school flaming being “A plague o’ both your houses!”

6 Likes

I think you’re right.

Doing something inflammatory while physically moving by someone to display the bait is like Double Trolling.

1 Like

I think you mean medial delts :wink:

You are a bad person.

4 Likes

It’s snowing and sleeting this morning. Two days ago it was 80+!

Wow Shakespeare. I didn’t know you had so much culture.

3 Likes

Hamlet-Billy-Madison

1 Like

Lol I think I know which you mean. After really reading it. I picking up on a few things that seem not to jive.

1 Like

Between the two… I’m calling BULLshit!

Just to make sure we are on the same page does the thread deal with a person whom just joined the forums 2 days ago I believe.