The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

I’ll bet you it will be taken by a death metal band that will end up on Wendler’s playlist and the next 531 program will be named after it.

4 Likes

“5/3/1 Forever: And This Time I Mean It”

11 Likes

Oh great. My wife and parents are getting a Chinese fortune teller to come to my fucking house to read everyone’s fortunes during the Chinese New Year. The fucking Fengshui master they engaged for their house and mine is already going to cost me over 10k.

I’m considering asking him if he can predict whether he’ll get punched in the face when I meet him. Please say “no”, asshole.

Guys, please don’t believe in this Eastern Mystical bullshit if people in the West try to sell it to you. Really, it’s all bullshit. There literally isn’t anything that isn’t bullshit about it. They are all charlatans. Every single one of them.

4 Likes

You’re spending ten thousand dollars on this guy?

1 Like

No, the Fengshui guy. This guy will cost more but I’m splitting the cost with my parent’s and wife’s friends.

I’m telling you guys, these fuckers make a LOT of money doing this shit in Asia when they know how to market themselves. There are all sorts of scams. Buddhist monks running multi million dollar charities and then misappropriating funds, buying property and eating fucking steaks in Australia. It’s all been done before.

When I was a kid living in an even more superstitious part of the world, these fortune tellers would set up small stands in alleys behind whorehouses right beside illegal gambling stands.

1 Like

So that’s a No on the lingzhi and maitaki huh?

1 Like

No, but I buy that premium lingzhi shit to give away as gifts during the New Year. It’s all nonsense. Complete nonsense.

1 Like

Well I’ll go pluck you a couple this summer. Gotta put the kiddo through college somehow!

1 Like

Grr… I’ll get a Mao Shan Black Magic practitioner to put a hex on you if you bring that shit near me at any time after next week lol.

1 Like

I don’t mean this as an insult, but are you ever going to take a stand and stop paying for this? You’re directly funding these guys. You can’t possibly believe that it’s healthy for anybody to be forced to shell out tens of thousands of dollars for fraudulent purposes. I’m sorry if I came across as disrespectful, but you’re expressing disgust and disdain about something, and yet you are by all accounts a repeat customer, and plan on continuing to contribute in the future.

3 Likes

No, I’m not going to stop. Because I can’t disrespect my parents. This is like a religion to them even though they are Catholics. That’s how much it’s embedded into culture. It might be different if this were a new fad that they’ve latched onto.

I simple treat it as they asked me for money. Once I give it to them, they can do whatever they want with it.

3 Likes

I might be speaking out of turn but I believe this is the guilt equivalent of not ponying up to the mafia when they tell you that you owe them 10 g’s

2 Likes

Like Black Sabbath farewell tours

1 Like

Or KISS. Their farewell tour is swinging back through my area again!

I have no fucking idea what he could possibly add of value if another book was released to be honest ! Without it being mostly filler or just rehashing stuff.

1 Like

Neither do I but that’s why Jim Wendler can sell training books and the best I can do is provide poor advice for nothing that gets mainly ignored haha

3 Likes

I once called my personal assistant my secretary and she tore me a new one.

1 Like

are these terms not entirely synonymous? Serious question. I get the difference between administrative assistant and secretary, because secretary has more of a ‘personal service to one person’ connotation, but personal assistant has entirely the same ring.

I genuinely have no idea. I remember being taken aback by how offended she was; the worst part was I did it unknowingly.

If I remember correctly, her reasoning was that she had more than secretarial duties to perform and managed my diary and made bookings etc for me.

Still confused. Those are textbook secretarial duties.