The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

Because he’s asking them to feel his abs. Cool, I’ll feel your abs. With my fist

4 Likes

I wouldn’t want to cup his balls, I’d want them to feel the power of my fist

1 Like

videotape him and show your local precinct

This brings back bad memories of boxing…

I think I heard CT whimper just now

I feel genuinely sorry for him, the level of dumb question he gets is inhumane.

3 Likes

I don’t see anybody getting past the set up.

I remember when someone started a Built for Battle thread and I was doing the program at that point. The exercises I was doing were Dead/OHP/Squat/Bench/Row. Some Sigil dude who was one of his weird fanboys along with that Believer guy came in and said something along the lines of “I’m doing deficit snatch grip Deads, Push Press, good mornings, Bench and bent over rows, hopefully this program isnt bad for my back”, meanwhile 4/5 of the exercises weren’t in the THREE OPTIONS OF FIVE DIFFERENT EXERCISES that CT gave.

Still, when you are the king of overcomplicating training, expect dumb questions.

3 Likes

Everyone has to find their niche I guess. It’s probably more palatable to many consumers to be given massively complicated shit than simply being told, work harder.

3 Likes

I humbly suggest that people using simple routines, working harder and actually getting the results…is the niche.

2 Likes

I’ve never failed a squat. Ive had red lights for depth once, but I’ve never put a weight on the bar that I couldn’t do. I’m probably not pushing myself hard enough.

Seems like results aren’t enough for many people.

In the gym tonight and some young kid (they all seem like young kids) was benching. As he laid down on the bench another young kid who I assume was his friend came over and started giving him all sorts of advice on how to bench. Most of which was utter nonsense. The kid giving the advise was lucky to be 150lbs soaking wet!! I just ignored it and let them find their own way.
As I finish a set of light bench, one of them walks over and politely asks me if I want them to spot me so I can go heavier !! I was probably 60lbs under anything I considered challenging and doing light bench in the program tonight so I politely said no Thankyou !!
I guess it’s nice that they are friendly but based on what I saw, if I was to bench something I considered heavy or in need of a spot, I have no idea how they would have helped me lift the bar if it went the wrong way.

3 Likes

With just their pointer fingers on the bar, while shouting “it’s all you bro”. Isn’t that how everyone spots bench?

3 Likes

I remember a time when people were asking Wendler how steep the fucking hill should be when doing hill sprints.

12 Likes

I went for a run today… It’s hard to believe I was a decent runner at one point.

On the plus side, I managed to go continuously for over 10 minutes and I didnt curl up and die at the end - I’m reasonably surprised haha

I, too, use time rather than distance to hide my out of shapeness :joy:

4 Likes

I was thinking about how many people come on here and say 5/3/1 is so complicated. It occurs to me this is what would happen if they tried to grasp the ends and outs of Conjugate training.
head%20explode

5 Likes

I had a McKinsey info session tonight that called for “business casual” dress. I literally didn’t have actual business casual so I threw a blazer over my t- shirt and suit pants over my workout tights… instant business casual…

Confession 2: I’m exploring these high brow financial jobs but have no interest in learning how to do makeup or stay up past 10pm

Confession 3: During the Q&A, I asked the first question: Given the workload, how difficult would it be to balance work with fitness? What are some tips? Luckily, one of the presenters does ironmans, so I think it’ll work out (no pun intended) if I ever decide to pursue such a job

2 Likes

I’m going to shamelessly put shit on CT’s neurotyping for a bit. I swung past his section just to gave a chuckle at some of the new BS. I came across this from CT in thr neurotype crossover thread:

‘The article on T-nation was written when I was first developing the system. While the info is still valid it actually goes A LOT deeper than this now. A type 2A can often get mistaken with a 1B for example. I have some videos on my website, but for the most up-to-date info you’d have to go to one of my seminars or online course (no this isn’t a sales pitch).’

I mean, with the best will in the world the TL;DR seems to be, this is pretty much BS but pay me and I’ll give you a reasonably plausible explanation why it might not be.

6 Likes