The First Bakery Decision

[quote=“zecarlo, post:365, topic:238771, full:true”]

Then they can put out rainbow themed John and Harry themed cakes in the display their own shop for all I care. They should be allowed to be sacrilegious. They shouldn’t be allowed to force me to contribute.

And they aren’t.

I have to explain why I would speak out about stupidity? You don’t even try to address this. I could just not mass produce wedding cakes to rot in my display. I could have one generic one that isn’t even for sale. It might not even be real. So no service.

You already said my cakes don’t bake themselves.

And no one forced you to bake them.

“I recuse myself from this cake.”

End of Story

Um, if you force me to sell that one, when I wouldn’t have, you’re forcing me to bake the replacement You are using force to compel me into acting opposite my religious practice over a wedding desert. Don’t even try the non-force argument.

Heck, if I baked my mass produced display cakes with certain non-sell situations in my mind, you are forcing me to directly.

You have no legal obligation to do so, so you are wrong.

Because Jesus said, “thou shalt not sell a cake to a homo”?

You do realize the New Testament, the gospel for Christians, calls the state unnatural and abominable? You do realize that marriage is a sacramental institution we are specifically meant to honor, correct? Stop trying to out Christian. You’ve plainly picked up on some kind of progressive spirituality you think is Christianity because you’ve read some platitudes about hippie SJW Jesus once on a progressive forum.

2 Likes

[quote=“zecarlo, post:375, topic:238771, full:true”]

Then he needn’t sell it, thanks.

You would have HATED Nebuchadnezzar!

1 Like

The New Testament contains the four Gospels and Jesus does not mention homosexuality in any of them.

Um, we get our knowledge of Jesus and his teachings from the New Testament, period…

“Have you not read that He Who made them in the first place made them man and woman?" Jesus, though, directly on marriage. Hold for more.

We get our knowledge of what Jesus said through the Gospels.

That was in response to a question about divorce. And how many Christians get divorced?

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 New International Version (NIV)
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 1

The New Testament is the Christian covenant, sorry Zecarlo.

Um, so you want the government to pick a side in proper interpretation…Wow.

Who wrote Corinthians?

There is a Paul vs Jesus argument with regard to the NT. And if Jesus was against divorce then why do some Christian denominations allow it? Henry VIII anyone?

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Romans 1