The First Bakery Decision

Because human sacrifice is illegal.

“for memorials.”

You added “human” to the sacrifice. Sacrifice could mean anything, really, and the owner wouldn’t know unless he inquired further (would you…?).

We can blame the government but isn’t that a way to absolve ourselves (or our forefathers) of any wrongdoing.

One could argue had LBJ not supported it, it would not have passed.

My mistake. I didn’t realize I’d left out “not count slaves at all.”

Change it to puppies or goldfish and I would still kick your pentagram wearing ass out and give the cops a call.

Yeah, I would.

I’m not absolving our forefathers. I asked if you were absolving the government?

One could argue had Lincoln lost the election we might still have slaves.

And if they said, “It’s none of your business just sell me the fucking table.” Then what?

Sacrificing animals or people is not merely against my views.

I am not.

Which shows how it isn’t always the case of it being supported by many but simply one who can make a difference.

Well, since they brought it up they made it my business so they aren’t buying anything from me. The fact that they used profanity would be enough for them to get booted out.

Great, thanks, that was all I was curious about.

Sure, like MLK :wink:

Well, then I hope you have a good lawyer because you just refused to make a sale based on the buyer’s religion (will be the plaintiffs argument anyway).

Luckily, potty mouths aren’t a protected class, lol.

hold my beer…get me Gloria Allred STAT

2 Likes

No, I refused to make a sale to someone who is planning on sacrificing a human (that will be my argument anyway).

Good luck.

I’ll take my chances against a Satanist.

1 Like

It’s not about selling to who you want, it’s about making stuff by request you disagree with.

If some hunter wanted to get a cake made dressed up with dead dear and other hunted animals and the baker was an animal rights activist and refused, not only would the baker not be forced to comply but would be celebrated for refusing to do it.

I would hope so. People are certainly celebrating bakers refusing gay cakes for exercising choice. Not sure why it’d be different if the guy was a hunter (oh wait…)

1 Like

As a hunter I would care, but my reaction would not be to bring in the lawyers and the government, but “fuck that guy I’m not buying anything from him”. And then I would get on with my life.

Well duh lol, it’s not like the “hunting” group faces discrimination at anywhere near the level of -insert a real class here-.

I don’t know, hunters get a lot of hate in certain parts of the country, even from people who eat meat and wear leather.

But beyond that I don’t think bringing in the powers of government in this case helped the cause of gay rights at all. It likely helped the financial statements of the couple and their lawyer(s) so good for them, I guess.

1 Like

Right. But they can like, ya know, change out of camo/orange and put their guns away at home.

Seems like they came away with a decent win all things considering.