The FIFA World Cup

Bye bye brazil!

1 Like

Belgium just need to wipe out France and on to the final they march! I wish I could have watched the Brazil game though. Good to see DeBruyne take responsibility with Hazard a bit lacklustre lately.

So pissed that Chelsea got rid of both De bruyne and Lukaku. They would have a beastly half Belgium team by now.

1 Like

To be fair Hazard played quality last night.

RIP my best players of the remaining teams

1 Like

Brazil might’ve had penalties if Neymar wasn’t infamous for going down easy. Poetic justice lol. But like in all seriousness Brazil bit unlucky I think. All those good chances

1 Like

Damn, really wish I watched it now.

England with solid but not spectacular play, just enough to keep Sweden from putting anything together.

But sweet Jesus, the shots of Swedish women in the stands…

(for illustrative purposes)
sweden

3 Likes

Either of the results didnt shock me, england deserved it
Russia could consider themselves unlucky however a hell of an effort to get this far
Croatia vs england will be a cracker, I have a feeling it’ll go to penalties

1 Like

Fine by me since we can apparently do penalties now.

3 Likes

The last time england won the cup, Man city won the league, burnley last qualified for europe, chelsea finished 5th in the league and Real madrid were euro champions
ALL THE SAME AS THIS LEAGUE SEASON

THE CUPS COMIN HOME LADS

1 Like

This coming home thing. I didn’t have faith in the beginning but I’m a believer now. The power of memes overcomes all. Football is coming home

1 Like

We won last 2 games by penalties… which was kinda hard to watch…

Just Croatia won last 2 games on penalties… so it might not go that easy

We will see…

Croatia have been looking pretty shitty in the knockout stages tbh. Definitely wouldn’t be shocked to see them beat England, mind, but their group stage performance was miles ahead of their past few games. Game should be nice and close and soul-destroying though!

1 Like

Im all for Croatia!!!

2 Likes

1-0. France through to the finals.

The Good

France: Umtiti solid at the back. Composed in possession and played it out when able. Popped up at the other end for the decisive goal. Barca are lucky to have him.

Belgium: Courtois turns in another incredible performance in goal. Might not take out keeper of the tournament if Lloris has a good final. Kompany looking like his pre injury self making goal saving last ditch challenges and looking unbeatable 1v1.

The Bad

France: Giroud fluffed great chances and never looked like scoring. Biggest contribution was tweaking something while jogging casually to join in an attack. Mbappe learning how to be a massive spoilt cunt from Neymar at PSG showboating (bit on the disrespectful side of things), disgusting flopping all over the place and straight unsportsmanlike time wasting earning himself a yellow.

Belgium: Chadli didn’t put in a single decent delivery from open play or corner duty completely wasting the weapons that are Fellaini and Lukaku waiting in the box. Lukaku anonymous, regardless of lack of decent service still didn’t make runs behind, into the box, or drop deep to make himself available.

1 Like

Fair fucks to the Croatians, really hope they can win the whole thing now and upset France. It’s been a great run.

2 Likes

Exactly.
Goal 1 win knockout game :+1:
Goal 2 no fuck ups a la Iceland :+1:
Goal 3 push on to semis :+1:

Been in the wilderness really for last 15+ years, can now hold our heads up high

2 Likes

To English fans here:
Cup isn’t coming home, but congrats on a good game, it wasn’t easy for our team to get you guys!

As Croatian I just can say I hope we win this thing (the world cup). We never won it so far, it would mean a lot to people here, and in my opinion simply awesome hahaha.

France won’t be easy opponent, but as always, I trust into our team.
Even if they don’t win the first place, they already did more than what anyone expected them to do.

2 Likes

Bježite ljudi, bježite iz grada, stiže ekipa pijana, bježite ljudi dok postoji nada jer ovdje igra hrvatska!!!

Ajmo!!!

1 Like

This is so weird, we got knocked out of the World Cup but I’m not filled with a sense of shame and the crushing disappointment of underperforming. Is this how normal countries feel?

3 Likes