The Fate of T-Nation

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
If you don’t know why setting up a 16 year old Britney Spears as a worthy training goal is insulting to women you have a lot to learn about life.[/quote]

seriously, that was before she got her boobs done. If women are going to aim for a Britney Spears body they should aim for the one with the knockers.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
If you don’t know why setting up a 16 year old Britney Spears as a worthy training goal is insulting to women you have a lot to learn about life.

seriously, that was before she got her boobs done. If women are going to aim for a Britney Spears body they should aim for the one with the knockers.[/quote]

Someone finally gets my point!

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
If you don’t know why setting up a 16 year old Britney Spears as a worthy training goal is insulting to women you have a lot to learn about life.

seriously, that was before she got her boobs done. If women are going to aim for a Britney Spears body they should aim for the one with the knockers.[/quote]

That’s just wrong for you to say that about her when she was a minor… now since I’m in Canada and the legal age of consent is 14, I can completely agree…

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
playmaker08 wrote:
…if someone doesnt like this site or think its heading in the wrong direction then find a different site and quit bitching.

And so it begins…[/quote]

playmaker08,

I have to disagree with your logic. If people consistently walked away when things didn’t go the way they wanted, we would be raising a generation of quitters.

The time may come to walk away from a situation or internet site, but first you should try to influence the situation or site.

The question then becomes how.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

It seemed to me that CW was simply using Britney Spears to illustrate his point about (not) increasing the size of ab muscles, not to say “follow my plan and you’ll look like this.”

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
m0dd3r wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

seriously, that was before she got her boobs done. If women are going to aim for a Britney Spears body they should aim for the one with the knockers.

That’s just wrong for you to say that about her when she was a minor… now since I’m in Canada and the legal age of consent is 14, I can completely agree…[/quote]

there is no such thing as underage on teh intertubes. Besides, she’s from the south, as long as I can forge some documents showing we’re related the age of consent is like 9.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
UtahLama wrote:
playmaker08 wrote:
…if someone doesnt like this site or think its heading in the wrong direction then find a different site and quit bitching.

And so it begins…

playmaker08,

I have to disagree with your logic. If people consistently walked away when things didn’t go the way they wanted, we would be raising a generation of quitters.

The time may come to walk away from a situation or internet site, but first you should try to influence the situation or site.

The question then becomes how.[/quote]

Please. Many members have walked away already, and this place runs in phases. Look through the old Westisde Threads where some of the greatest information I’ve ever read sits- most of those guys are no longer here.

Some guys in the steroids forums are gone also, probably due to redundant questions from guys who never search for anything.

Do some things irritate me? Yes. It seems that this place is getting a bit quieter about steroids, and there were things that I wanted to know that were dodged because of the relation to AAS (namely the effect on Tate during Berardi’s transformation- it seemed to be ignored). Now, given the nature of that subject and the possible legal backlash, I can understand it…these are dangerous times for shit like that.

The articles are still top notch, especially those by Cressey and Dan John. Not every writer has time to contribute every week…I don’t know why this is hard to understand.

When it comes down to it, you guys are being unrealistic.

And TC, I wouldn’t have figured Poliquin would have such a soothing voice, but then…

Didn’t Britney have a child at some point? Sometimes that has been known to cause changes in bodily appearance also…

As a new member of T-Nation (lurking for some time), I must agree with an earlier comment on how great the information is. I am a big girl in the process of shedding much BF and wanting to put on muscle.

The info here and in the sorority has been great for me. Powerlifting or Strongman is not a goal of mine, but I do find the articles/discussion on it interesting. To me this place is like a buffet, you find what you like and enjoy it.

[quote]TC wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Wow this is getting ridiculous. I’m sure TC is really losing sleep that some folks disagreed with a few articles…

Goddamn, get over it. And enough of these fucking, “Let’s all save T-Nation” threads.

I DO have trouble falling asleep.

Sometimes, I even have to call Charles Poliquin to come cradle me in his powerful arms while he sings “Frere Jacques”.

By the time the big lug hits the second chorus of
Dormez-vous, i’m sleeping like a baby.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, I must confirm this. For $10,000/week, I have earned the privilege of being Charles’ “life-intern.” I get to shadow him through all his endeavors. Going to TC’s house is one of the more unpleasant experiences, especially when TC requests that I lend some a cappella accompaniment in soprano, but I oblige because Charles said doing so would help transform me from a water type to a fire type.

U people have been fooled

TC does not exist. TC is really Bill Phillips.
Think about it, T-Nation starts out hardcore like MK2 did and over the years it starts catering for more non “hardcore” lifters. “TC” saying he use to work under Bill Phillips? Bollocks! “TC” is bill phillips alter ego.

Wait till “TC” brings out a fitness book called Testosterone for life,then u will finally know the TRUTH :smiley:

Okay as u could tell im just kidding.Everyday im reading a post about someone pissing and moaning about this website.Sure ive had the occasional whinge but the way people are talking T-Nation is DOOMED!

It is still by far the best bodybuilding site in the world PERIOD!

Peace

King of Kings

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
UtahLama wrote:
playmaker08 wrote:

And so it begins…

playmaker08,

The question then becomes how.

Please. Many members have walked away already, and this place runs in phases. Look through the old Westisde Threads where some of the greatest information I’ve ever read sits- most of those guys are no longer here.

Some guys in the steroids forums are gone also, probably due to redundant questions from guys who never search for anything.

Do some things irritate me? Yes. It seems that this place is getting a bit quieter about steroids, and there were things that I wanted to know that were dodged because of the relation to AAS (namely the effect on Tate during Berardi’s transformation- it seemed to be ignored). Now, given the nature of that subject and the possible legal backlash, I can understand it…these are dangerous times for shit like that.

The articles are still top notch, especially those by Cressey and Dan John. Not every writer has time to contribute every week…I don’t know why this is hard to understand.

When it comes down to it, you guys are being unrealistic.

And TC, I wouldn’t have figured Poliquin would have such a soothing voice, but then…[/quote]

FightinIrish26,
I agree with your post, but you may have misinturpruted mine. I wasn’t saying that people have not left, I was addressing his agrument of “if you don’t like it, then leave”.

As for the Tate/Berardi comment, JB did say it was not his place to answer that question (it up to Tate), but that his (JB’s) get shredded diet that he went on was for a natural lifter.

Where can I get a poster like that?

[quote]jbodzin wrote:
Where can I get a poster like that?[/quote]

I don’t know. I doubt T-Nation makes them anymore. I got it many years ago. I think it came free when you ordered a certain amount of Biotest product. It has traveled with me through three straight garage gyms.

Now, if only I could get my Testosterone t-shirt back. A girl who stayed the night after a very drunk extravaganza borrowed it and never returned it. Out of all the shirts she could have taken, why did she have to take the Testosterone shirt?