The Fat People... Are They for Real?

As one of the formerly fat I’d like to tackle this one.

Cruelty comes from fear. All of society has a vested interest in having a handy group (or groups) of people to pummel because as long as Those Guys are the freaks and we don’t look or act like Them we’re safe.

By forcing everyone to focus on fat people (or gay people, or green people… whatever) we cautiously steer attention away from us and all our weird little faults and deflect all the negativity onto The Freaks. They’re our scapegoats. And if you surround yourself with nothing but people doing the same thing you reinforce your own sense of righteousness in what your doing. Except that tearing others down to build yourself up is mean, wrong, and cowardly. COWARDLY.

Do you have a mother who’s loved you and been good to you all your life? A wonderful woman who’s never hurt another living soul? A mother who’s fat? How are you going to feel when an obnoxious bunch of terrified, self-loathing punks at the mall decide to make this woman you love a target? They don’t even KNOW her. People are not their uniforms.

If you get off on negatively objectifying people you may fool your buds and they may think you’re cool but look outside your circle and you’ll see hardly nobody else is fooled. Cowardice is tough to hide. At my absolute fattest I felt bad for all those judgmental, cliquish busybody people; ruled into submission by their peers. At my absolute fattest, nobody controlled me - and I feared nothing.

[quote]nerd_princess wrote:
Some people are interested in fitness and diet, and some people aren’t. That simple. They aren’t stupid, they just don’t have the drive or determination to build their bodies or get lean. I am annoyed by the constant whining and search for a quick fix, but that’s mainly because I’m a FFG.

Stop crucifying people for being fat. You aren’t better than them. [/quote]

We are better than the stereotypical fat person. They are too lazy to lose fat, make excuses and are a stress on the healthcare system.

Very few fat people are completely comfortable with how they look. The fact that these people who, subconciously, would like to be thinner or atleast less fat choose not to lose the fat and instead team up and form these Fat Movements (ironic name?) implies that they simply lack the determination to live a happier life.

Sorry, but I do consider those people somewhat inferior.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

wow another “I hate fat people” thread

it’s like there is one brain on here and it is stuck on one thing and being passed around.[/quote]

More like another “I’m rather flabby myself with gyno and a pot belly plus my arms haven’t grown in years so I’ll make fun of morbidly obese to feel a little better in comparison”-thread

Yeah, listen, I’m not a bleeding heart by any stretch of the imagination, I’m a huge believer in taking responsibility for one’s actions, but the tone of these anti-fat threads is incredibly superior.

Some people are interested in fitness and diet, and some people aren’t. That simple. They aren’t stupid, they just don’t have the drive or determination to build their bodies or get lean. I am annoyed by the constant whining and search for a quick fix, but that’s mainly because I’m a FFG.

Stop crucifying people for being fat. You aren’t better than them. [/quote]

Crucifying? First, that would take one really HUMONGOUS cross. Secondly, most OBESE people are very lazy. Being lazy does not deserve sympathy. I mean, how many highschool drop outs have you thought deserved your aid if anyone thinks they should have at least gone to school enough to graduate?

I have seen people so heavy that they have trouble breathing while sitting. That doesn’t make me sympathetic because these same people will be grubbing on a 20 piece fried chicken meal in 30 minutes with 12 biscuits (with gravy)…right before their 3rd nap for the day.

Honestly, really muscular people get more hate these days than obese people do.

People are lazy. I have seen people who are handicapped, paralyzed, and even coached kids in Special Olympics to win medals who show more hard work, dedication, and determination than these land whales. If it’s worth winning, it’s worth fighting for.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
People are lazy. I have seen people who are handicapped, paralyzed, and even coached kids in Special Olympics to win medals who show more hard work, dedication, and determination than these land whales. If it’s worth winning, it’s worth fighting for. [/quote]

But if they aren’t bothering you why do you care? Really?

Three letters

WTF

I think someone needs a hobby…

[/quote]

It’s beyond that. The link at the top of this thread was advice about avoiding skin sores and rashes due to being very overweight with no mention of doing anything to address the CAUSE of the problem which is being very overweight. It kind of boggles the mind.

Oh by the way, you guys, I smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and I can’t seem to get rid of this nagging cough. It’s awful, keeps me up at night, and it’s really affecting the quality of my life. I’ve tried cough drops, hot tea, aspirin, and I’m really at the end of my rope! Help me out here, how do I get rid of this cough?!?

Oh, and don’t tell me to quit smoking because that’s a personal lifestyle choice and if you discriminate against me for it then you are a rude and hateful person. I hate how all those stupid non smokers think that they’re so much better than me. cough cough hack

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

it’s like there is one brain on here and it is stuck on one thing and being passed around.[/quote]

I have been reading your posts for a few years now and i must say you are really one of the dumber posters on this website. Shut the fuck up and don’t click on these threads if you don’t like them.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

it’s like there is one brain on here and it is stuck on one thing and being passed around.

I have been reading your posts for a few years now and i must say you are really one of the dumber posters on this website. Shut the fuck up and don’t click on these threads if you don’t like them.[/quote]

Posting in what will be an epic thread

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:Oh by the way, you guys, I smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and I can’t seem to get rid of this nagging cough. It’s awful, keeps me up at night, and it’s really affecting the quality of my life. I’ve tried cough drops, hot tea, aspirin, and I’m really at the end of my rope! Help me out here, how do I get rid of this cough?!?

Oh, and don’t tell me to quit smoking because that’s a personal lifestyle choice and if you discriminate against me for it then you are a rude and hateful person. I hate how all those stupid non smokers think that they’re so much better than me. cough cough hack
[/quote]

This post is made of so much win.

Making fun of fat people has nothing to do with personal insecurities. It really is that they are funny…simple as that. I’m not going to apologize for having a sense of humour.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
legendaryblaze wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

it’s like there is one brain on here and it is stuck on one thing and being passed around.

I have been reading your posts for a few years now and i must say you are really one of the dumber posters on this website. Shut the fuck up and don’t click on these threads if you don’t like them.

[/quote]

replying to a post in a what will be epic thread.

[quote]Zackgsc wrote:
detazathoth wrote:
legendaryblaze wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

replying to a post in a what will be epic thread.
[/quote]

Good thinking, fellas. I shall also make an appearance.

[quote]SirenSongWoman wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
People are lazy. I have seen people who are handicapped, paralyzed, and even coached kids in Special Olympics to win medals who show more hard work, dedication, and determination than these land whales. If it’s worth winning, it’s worth fighting for.

But if they aren’t bothering you why do you care? Really? [/quote]

I am simply replying to this thread. Really.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
People are lazy. I have seen people who are handicapped, paralyzed, and even coached kids in Special Olympics to win medals who show more hard work, dedication, and determination than these land whales. If it’s worth winning, it’s worth fighting for. [/quote]

The thread was won, and it was won HERE!

[quote]SirenSongWoman wrote:

But if they aren’t bothering you why do you care? Really? [/quote]

Why do we care? These people are energetic enough to fight for “size-advancement, size-acceptance, size-appropriate health care,” but are not energetic enough to EAT LESS.

They [and I DO mean that in the Us-Versus-Them mentality] are becoming more “active” in influencing health-related LAW to get rid of those “yucky supplements” with “unhealthy levels of protein and steroids.”

These fat-and-DAMNPROUD fuckers are looking to turn a lack of will-power and urge to consume mass quantities into a fucking ethnic group.

There is something seriously fucking wrong with that.

Also, OG is, from what I’ve seen, an exceptionally intelligent and hardworking woman who knows what she’s talking about. She does present a valid point.

This coming from a misogynist.

[quote]Vash wrote:

These fat-and-DAMNPROUD fuckers are looking to turn a lack of will-power and urge to consume mass quantities into a fucking ethnic group.
[/quote]

That’s exactly how I see it and I find it incredibly disturbing.

I want to preface my comment by notifying readers that I am a medical student. Obesity is a disease. Plain and simple. There are no “leagues” or “foundations” or “movements” for the flu, the plague, or HIV/AIDS. Nobody is demanding we accept these conditions. Furthermore, it is a behavior-induced disease. It does not take a Mensa membership to deduce that these people in effect cause their own disease. Just like smoking, and alcoholism, it needs to be eradicated. Tolerance leads to acceptance, and in no way should obesity ever become an acceptable way of life. It is a burden to the health-care system, which is in no kind of shape to handle an increased workload.

Reading that article made me laugh at first, and then despair at the shape of these obese people’s health, physical and mental. Are they really so mentally weak that they cannot stomach someone giving them diet and exercise advice? If so, it is the only thing they cannot stomach. It really boils down to little/no physical activity, and terrible food choices over a long period of time. Both of which are quite preventable, as evidenced by my esteemed colleagues here on this site. There are certain conditions/medications which promote weight gain, true. It is not, however, a necessity of any of those conditions, but it provides one hell of a convenient excuse.

I love the “muscle building elitists” quote, btw.

In the interest of fairness, go read Tate’s, “27 Reasons to be Big.” He actually presents some valid points :wink: