The Facts About Mass Shootings (Article)

[quote]sufiandy wrote:Most recent example on this site

Nothing wrong with mainstream style, the OP (as well as me) are just getting older so whatever kids do is considered odd.[/quote]

When I was in college I was working with this teacher and I mentioned how “different” the kids were from even when I was in middle school. I talked about how they all talked about Xbox and blah blah blah. Anyways, my teacher (who was 45) said, “yeah people my age say that all the time…as if we wouldn’t have played with those things if we had them. They said my generation was going to be nothing but filth because of all the TV we watched.” Kinda made me think of things a bit different. Like the farmers in the first place I worked telling me how awful the economy was all the time…this was 1996.

It’s always been as bad as it’s ever been and it’s always always always getting worse if you just look at X, X, X you’d see. This has been said since the beginning of time.

The odd thing to me is the demonstrably false statements. I don’t really know where they come from. Is it just assumed that it’s as bad as it’s ever been so we’ll just say every single thing in the world is as bad as ever? I mean we’ve dogged the internet a lot in this thread (odd considering the only reason we’re having this discussion is because of it), but it DOES give us the power to prove things with statistics. Would have been nice to point out to those farmers in the old tire shop :slight_smile: