The Evolution of Muscularity

Also, masculinity is not all about a physique. I know plenty of men, even some retiring or physically diminutive men who have more manhood in them than some bodybuilders who live in fantasy land!

Everyone should know;

Dezso Ban was from some former Soviet state. He came to New Jersey, and taught Anthony Ditillo all about the Russian style of training and weightlifting.

Some guy called Mighty Louse gathers all those articles for the “Tight Tan Slacks” blog.

Wow, that’s awful. He looks like he has the rib cage of a rhinoceros.

I would say that certain professions represent people who are inclined one way or the other. So teachers, with their 80% work year and ability to match kids’ schedules, are probably more family-focused than, say, Fortune 500 executive-type women, whose commutes and long hours will leave little time or energy for children. Men who want a family would more likely choose the former for a life partner. Men who are acquisition-focused and looking for a jet-setting lifestyle would choose the latter.

Sorry for the late response. As I’ve said, I can’t post as much as I would like to on here, as I once did. I now have less time to post, my wife hates me posting on an internet message board (even though some of the people we hang out with and who had even attended our wedding were met on here), and, like I said, I have to watch what I write in this off-topic forum because, having shown my face and name, I have to watch my expression of my politically incorrect thoughts. And anyone with half a brain can judge from other posts that I have spoken in a sort of code or held back from what I would really like to express when it comes to discussing the current narratives of this day and age.

I have to leave my home soon, so wanting to make this quick, I am not going to scroll back to the post to which I replied. However, I remember the poster stating that people who believe and practice gender roles are “uneducated” or lack an education. This same term, “uneducated” is also used for people who make irreverent remarks about other races, homosexuals, and transgenders. I still have no idea how, even though universities are hotbeds of cultural Marxism, that one has to have an education in order to be justified in one’s beliefs, preferences, lifestyle, and law-abiding actions.

And exactly where am I supposed to get the education people are speaking about. I have one undergraduate degree and one masters degree, both in nutrition. I prefer traditional gender roles and unwaveringly believe that although, for the past 60 years or so wants to alter the rules and gifts of nature, that Mother Nature created woman as nurse-caregiver and man as provider-protector. We used to have a system that favored these roles, and because we have utterly tampered with it, we are now cursed with various social and financial ills.

Just where in the education for dietetics/nutrition was I supposed to learn this? How did I come to my conclusions despite being educated? How did I get an education in the modern age, yet after some experience meeting “career women” did I conclude that they are not for me, with the same going for my close friends and brother. Are we all “uneducated” or… my favorite… “bigoted?” One of my friends even stated, “I don’t like seeing women in mens’ spaces”. The man has a good education actually and worked for one of the biggest financial institutions in the country at one point, but now runs his family business. He has two degrees in computer science and finance. Is he missing something, by having his pharmacist wife reduce her work hours part-time and taking care of the kids, moving to a rich town, and sending his kids to private school?

Or take my uncle, who runs his own business, with no higher education, and provides for two kids and a housewife. Yet with no education, he lives an upper-middle-class life, clearly has high intelligence, and speaks and writes as well as he needs to.

Most of the men I get along with consider careerist women to be jaded, strained, unfeminine, and oftentimes angry.

I want to know what all this “education” is going to do for those who have thoughts, ideas, and practices that don’t fit the narrative. And come to think of it, some of the smartest men of our time had irreverent things to say about people. Did the politically incorrect physicist William Shockley Dr./PhD, inventor of the computer transistor, need even more education, even though he was an educator himself? One can take a look about a politically incorrect conclusion he came to from his own research.

I did actually receive some Marxist indoctrination by way of some documentaries throughout my schooling. It almost worked, but it ultimately didn’t.

There are many acquisition-focused men who because of their wealth have the means to have have their wives staying home with kids and that’s how they prefer it.

Who people these days are oftentimes labelling as “uneducated” and “ignorant” are actually the ones with direct contact with the real world, experience and insight. This goes for all the hot issues of the day, including the issue we discuss here.

Ever since the days of the commies in the early 1900’s, Marxists of all sorts, to the current day have subvert language to confuse, intimidate, and buffalo opposition. Their favorites words are now bigoted, ignorant, and uneducated, which are now grossly abused and misused.

I’d say there definitely is manhood lacking in the average American today. The average male today is excessively squeamish, unrealistic, and mushy headed.

1 Like

I don’t know whether we encounter different things or whether it’s a personality thing, but while I encounter the PC pressure you’re talking about (mine absolutely was a feminist, diversity-worshipping education) I also feel I encounter a more traditionalist pressure. Maybe because I’m fairly easy going and comfortable with gray area, I take these as similarly valid - which is to say they each will be valid for some people, but not for others. I know women who rankle over doors held open - not many, but some. Most of the women I know, however, consider it a nice gesture. Most PEOPLE I know hold doors for people coming behind them, men or women, and wonder wtf is wrong with anyone who gets so worked up over nothing.

I personally feel that the war has been won. Women have choices now. I can be a doctor, lawyer, executive, or kindergarten teacher. I probably will not make as much as a male in the same professional role, but I blame that in large part on my complete inability to negotiate those things. I’m cooperative rather than competitive. I would tell a young woman to be cautious of no career at all, having experienced and observed divorce after staying home with kids. Get your education, put some time in, keep your licenses updated - and then stay home if that’s what works for your family. Or spend the time out of the workforce educating yourself so when they’re bigger you’re ready to support yourself if needed, and help pay off the house and save for retirement otherwise.

When my fiancé and I were becoming serious I would occasionally trigger irritation in him by insisting that I was fine getting my own suitcase out of the car, or whatever, and he would say “You want to be an independent woman? Fine,” and just get his own stuff. I’m not sure what he imagined my motive to be, but all I was trying to do was not be a giant burden. I definitely am happiest not carrying my own heavy crap, but to foist it off on him doesn’t seem fair. So I attempt to carry my own weight. Although now I pretty much let him load up like a Sherpa while I carry my purse and sweater. I still offer to help if it’s a lot, though. But the help has never been accepted.

Girls and women are given very mixed messages, as are men currently. But as long as you find someone whose attitudes align with yours, isn’t it fine? I’m happiest in a fairly traditional relationship in terms of roles, but which is closer to a partnership than truly traditional relationships. We make decisions together, but I am in charge of womanly things while he is in charge of manly things. My liberal education has little to do with any of it for me, and my conservative friends are given the same consideration as my more liberal friends in terms of my respect for their chosen lifestyles.

2 Likes