The Evolution Discussion

Can I take another tack on this debate?

As Dr Berardi himself states (in the 7 habits article) the similarities between diets outweigh the differences. The agreement I see here is: Eat unprocessed food (from the outer isle of the supermarket), Limit grains and eat more protein.

The only differences is timing and nitrogen balance.

I think that maybe an overweight person like myself can do well feeling a little hungry from time to time. Skinny people (or people wanting to gain weight) should not feel hungry and should eat as regularly as possible.
Take the best from the various ideas and apply it in your life.
Try all ideas and adapt them to your goals. If they work, great. If they dont, change them. As Dan John would say: Everything works.(but not for everybody, if I may add that)

At the end of it the basics are exactly the same, and the differences are in fact not that large.

[quote]John K wrote:
Environmental estrogens are EVERYWHERE. Read “Our Stolen Future” or “Hormone Deception” these books will change the way you look at the entire world.

[/quote]

I know, and Im absolutely convinced thats the reason why girls are developing at a younger age and why boys and girls are growing taller and fatter.

Damn. Velvet, you got me thinking about this now man. It kinda seems like that moment of ‘DUH!’, of course!Otherwise known as an epiphany, but Im a Simpsons fan.

Have you read either of those books though?

These young fully developed little girls, the tall ass boys with lard around thier asses and waistlines.

Shit!

Someone at T-Nation needs to do an article on this if anyones reading.

Amir

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
John K wrote:
Environmental estrogens are EVERYWHERE. Read “Our Stolen Future” or “Hormone Deception” these books will change the way you look at the entire world.

I know, and Im absolutely convinced thats the reason why girls are developing at a younger age and why boys and girls are growing taller and fatter.[/quote]

[quote]John K wrote:
I would have to agree with NateN here.

Living longer could be a huge factor in evolution.

If I lived 20 years longer than my neighbor, I could potentially father SEVERAL THOUSAND more children than him, hence tipping evolution towards my traits.

NateN wrote:
John M Berardi wrote:

There’s no evolutionary advantage to living longer.
[/quote]

Unless your neighbor is 65, in which case you would need pharmocological support for firing that apparent machine gun. In which case, the ‘evolutionary’ argument is shot.

Dr. Berardi, thanks for summing up your thoughts. Between these posts, and the posts on the original article, this is a lot of reading to digest.

[quote]AMIRisSQUAT wrote:
Damn. Velvet, you got me thinking about this now man. It kinda seems like that moment of ‘DUH!’, of course!Otherwise known as an epiphany, but Im a Simpsons fan.

These young fully developed little girls, the tall ass boys with lard around thier asses and waistlines.

Shit!

Amir

quote]

Do a search on estrogen or soy on this site, there is copious amounts of info. It shouldnt take a rocket scientist to see whats goin on in the US - everyones testosterone levels are taking a dive faster than an olympian swimmer and estrogen is running its ass rampant throughout. Look at the girls nowadays - this isn’t a coincidence. Girls are having periods at 10 and 11 years old. Boys are growing taller and scrawnier by the day. There tall and skinny fat, with strong hairlines and girl like features. Testosterone causes growth plates to form together and close. One doesn’t even need to administer a test or estrogen level check on the new generation of kids nowadays - i can see it in the way the look walk act and talk - its apparent that something is going far wrong.

I noticed something when I as walking through a mall one day and, as most raging T-men, I look at pretty women, but on closer observation I figure theyre probably only 12-14 and I feel like such a bag of scum when I realize what I just did. Looked at a little girl for a minute straight before realizing shes got a daiper on under that skimpy mini. Sickening.

It was all there right under my nose and I just never put the peices together.

I remember something about envoironmental estrogens causing salmon to have both male and female reproductive organs and now this.

First its vaccines causing autistic children, now its estrogen fucking up all my fantasies.

Figures.

Amir

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
AMIRisSQUAT wrote:

Shit!

Amir

quote]

Do a search on estrogen or soy on this site, there is copious amounts of info. It shouldnt take a rocket scientist to see whats goin on in the US - everyones testosterone levels are taking a dive faster than an olympian swimmer and estrogen is running its ass rampant throughout. Look at the girls nowadays - this isn’t a coincidence. Girls are having periods at 10 and 11 years old. Boys are growing taller and scrawnier by the day. There tall and skinny fat, with strong hairlines and girl like features. Testosterone causes growth plates to form together and close. One doesn’t even need to administer a test or estrogen level check on the new generation of kids nowadays - i can see it in the way the look walk act and talk - its apparent that something is going far wrong.

[/quote]

[quote]John K wrote:

If I lived 20 years longer than my neighbor, I could potentially father SEVERAL THOUSAND more children than him, hence tipping evolution towards my traits.
[/quote]

Plus you’d be the man.

Personal anecdotes pervert common sense on a regular basis.

Take my family. Luckily we haven’t done a whole lot of travelling around in the close to two hundred years we’ve (documented history of my direct family line) been in the US. We’ve always been around the same height 6ft +/- 3inches and we have eaten just about everything. My uncles are very resource challenged and thus they eat very cheap (and carb-centric foods.) They are healthy and lean, though my father tends toward the thicker side.

My great-grandfather was full-blood cherokee, he married the first white person in my family in almost a hundred years. We learned at a very early age how to hunt and forage for subsistence. We would take month-long outings with zero food and live off of what we could catch/find in NE Oklahoma. Rabbit, crow, squirrel, possum, deer, crappie, bass, catfish, and sunfish/perch were all protein sources that could be had with minimal knowledge and training with primitive weapons or tools. Mostly spears, stones, or bone hooks. Acorn bread, mulberries, blackberries, persimmons(in the fall), and various other plant foods were easy to find.

I never lost much weight while on our foraging camp experiences. Including once when my 3 brothers and I went out for 2.5months w/o provisions.

I always came back leaner and stronger. If you spend most of the day killing the food for the next couple of days then you get to lay back relax and make some dried/smoked meats. Then you do stupid things like rock lifting and throwing and various kinds of wrestling. Oddly enough the same sort of sport that is common in primitive cultures throughout the globe.

So don’t think that primitive means small, starving, and waifish. They could’ve been mean, big muthas… esp depending on which tribe they lived in. The cherokee had a much easier life than the one that we created. If you’re ever in NE Oklahoma take a trip out to “Tsa la gi”. This will give you a picture of a culture that was changeless for thousands of years… and probably longer than that. People are ingenious in their ability to adapt to various climes.

I think paleo diets make sense in that processed foods are suicide. Other than that… It’s all just a load of “rearranged prejudices”.

Edward R. Murrow: “A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.”