The End Of Man

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Back in the 80’s we wore “clam diggers”. In Corpus Christi, Texas we weren’t allowed to wear shorts to school so we wore these pants that were basically baggy bermuda shorts (the more colorful the better) that went down just past the knees almost mid calf. Basically it was a realy long bathing suit. Definately NOT capris, just long shorts or really short high-water pants. [/quote]

So those are pants for boys. Not men. And especially not while working.

One of the ‘trainers’ at my gym (Who I am pretty sure was criticizing my workout the other day to his client.) was wearing capri pants a while a go. I saw this, and busted up laughing!

Chromosomes determine gender, not pants.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Back in the 80’s we wore “clam diggers”. In Corpus Christi, Texas we weren’t allowed to wear shorts to school so we wore these pants that were basically baggy bermuda shorts (the more colorful the better) that went down just past the knees almost mid calf. Basically it was a realy long bathing suit. Definately NOT capris, just long shorts or really short high-water pants.

Jamz. And everyone had a FEW pair.[/quote]

YES! Jamz. I forgot that’s what they were called. My grand mother just called them “clam diggers”.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Back in the 80’s we wore “clam diggers”. In Corpus Christi, Texas we weren’t allowed to wear shorts to school so we wore these pants that were basically baggy bermuda shorts (the more colorful the better) that went down just past the knees almost mid calf. Basically it was a realy long bathing suit. Definately NOT capris, just long shorts or really short high-water pants.

So those are pants for boys. Not men. And especially not while working.[/quote]

Mostly for surfer-dudes. The cowboys and hispanics never wore them. That’s the three basic kind of guys in Corpus: surfers, cowboys and hispanics.

So now you’re going to tell me that I can’t wear my mesh midriff and frosted cut-off denim shorts to work?

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Chromosomes determine gender, not pants.

[/quote]

It may not determine gender, but style of dress sure as hell can determine persuasion… smarty (capri) pants.

D

Here’s a pic of Sammy Hagar looking very retro-cheesie (he always did) in a pair of tight jams. Mine were never that tight (but then I was never as fat as Sammy). We all had them in Texas in the 80’s.

The world has never been the same since DLR left VH.

Capri pants make my hips look big.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
nephorm wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
nephorm wrote:
OMG! Someone is wearing clothes that challenge my worldview!

I get your point, Neph. But capris??? Come on, that’s just wrong.

But they weren’t capris. He said they were rolled up LIKE capris. And there are some cargo pants that don’t look like women’s pants, but also don’t reach the ankle.

Some people are just a little too concerned about what other dudes are wearing, btw. Since when was it masculine to criticize some dude’s outfit?

(sigh) Neph, can’t we just make fun of a guy wearing carpis without the obvious short legged cargo pants and clam digger point of reference. Geez, what a buzzkill.[/quote]

Besides, some things are just WRONG.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Back in the 80’s we wore “clam diggers”. In Corpus Christi, Texas we weren’t allowed to wear shorts to school so we wore these pants that were basically baggy bermuda shorts (the more colorful the better) that went down just past the knees almost mid calf. Basically it was a realy long bathing suit. Definately NOT capris, just long shorts or really short high-water pants. [/quote]

Anything that goes below the knee are NOT shorts. Any non-short that does not reach the ankle are either awkwardly high-waters or are women’s clothes.

Real men wear pants (to at least the ankle), shorts (above the knee), or diapers. If you can’t handle this fact, turn in your wedding tackle and prepare to bleed one week out of every month and get used to having tender breasts.

DB

[edit] I guess you could throw knickers in there, but you have to have a ponytail or powdered wig to pull off that look.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

[edit] I guess you could throw knickers in there, but you have to have a ponytail or powdered wig to pull off that look.[/quote]

Sweet!

PGJ wrote:

Anything that goes below the knee are NOT shorts. Any non-short that does not reach the ankle are either awkwardly high-waters or are women’s clothes.

Real men wear pants (to at least the ankle), shorts (above the knee), or diapers. If you can’t handle this fact, turn in your wedding tackle and prepare to bleed one week out of every month and get used to having tender breasts.

DB

[edit] I guess you could throw knickers in there, but you have to have a ponytail or powdered wig to pull off that look.[/quote]

Have you ever seen Surfwear? Anyone that wears things like that (people under 25) knows they go below the knee or it looks wierd.
Remember it depends on what you are going for, when you are older mabye you need SHORT pants, but surfing shorts are a different story, along with some jeans, if they are below the knee (but not too far).

[quote]canabal wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB

[edit] I guess you could throw knickers in there, but you have to have a ponytail or powdered wig to pull off that look.

Have you ever seen Surfwear? Anyone that wears things like that (people under 25) knows they go below the knee or it looks wierd.
Remember it depends on what you are going for, when you are older mabye you need SHORT pants, but surfing shorts are a different story, along with some jeans, if they are below the knee (but not too far). [/quote]

Any surfer I’ve seen is in a swimsuit or wet suit. You say it looks “weird” if they don’t go below the knee, I would counter that it looks gay (nttawwt) if they do go below the knee, but who am I to cast aspersions?

True, it does depend on what you are going for. If you want to look like a woman, wear capris, or “surfwear”, as you prefer.

I stand by my appropriate menswear statement above. You can disagree, but that just means more Miller High Life for me.

DB

Jeez. Next they’re going to try and make us think it’s okay for men to walk around with a purse!

Oh wait, they already are!!!

PGJ wrote:

DB

I’m just stating what we wore back in the mid 80’s. EVERYONE wore jams, well almost. There was no masculinity issue involved. And when it’s 110 degrees and you aren’t allowed to wear “shorts” to school, jams were a very comfortable option. Of course, I do not wear them any more. I also don’t flip my collar up any more.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
PGJ wrote:

And when it’s 110 degrees and you aren’t allowed to wear “shorts” to school, jams were a very comfortable option. Of course, I do not wear them any more. I also don’t flip my collar up any more.

[/quote]

Of course you don’t wear them anymore, because you know how gay looking they are. I’m sure that satin hot pants and a tube top are a comfortable option too. Again, real men wear pants even if it means sweating your balls off. Before you complain that I don’t know what it’s like wearing pants in that kind of heat, try digging a fighting position in MOPP level 4 gear in 100 deg/ 95% humidity for 4 hours (can you hear my manly grunting?). You don’t dress like a woman because it’s the “comfortable option”.

Geez, if things don’t turn around soon, the human race will be gone in a couple of generations.

DB

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Jeez. Next they’re going to try and make us think it’s okay for men to walk around with a purse!

Oh wait, they already are!!![/quote]

It’s a man-bag, SWR.

I never really got the man-bag, or whatever psuedo-name we want to come up with to avoid the clear and obvious fact that it is a purse.

I don’t understand guys trying to slightly change a name of something and assume it thus makes it entirely different. “No, these aren’t Capris, they’re Mapris.” or something equally lame.

I also disagree in this “trend” affecting the male population. Certain guys will find this appealing, usually guys who are sterotypically homosexual, or guys who are narcisstic and completely caught up in trend and so self-revolving they dress for others and not themselves, they are known as douche-bags. Homosexuality doucheness may cross at some points but are not the same thing.

I could care less if a homosexual or emotional person want to dress efeminite, but if you are trying to get attention for your crew-cut, acid stained 100% asshole pants then you will, but you may not like it.

By the way what makes a purse feminine? I mean some of this is clearly socialization. I always prefered a bookbag.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Here’s a pic of Sammy Hagar looking very retro-cheesie (he always did) in a pair of tight jams. Mine were never that tight (but then I was never as fat as Sammy). We all had them in Texas in the 80’s.

The world has never been the same since DLR left VH.

[/quote]

Yeah…but that’s Sammy Hagar…he can do whatever the fuck he wants and look cool…cause he’s Sammy Hagar.