The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Out Now

[quote]JLone wrote:
I have a question about the companions.

People have said they can die but I swear that b*tch will never die.
I have seen her light herself on fire, fall over dead, get hacked to death. She just keep popping back up.

If yours has died, what killed it?[/quote]

I think it depends on the difficulty, mine get killed on a fairly regular basis on Master. Some monsters will leave them on the ground and others will finish them off.

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

I have seen her light herself on fire, fall over dead, get hacked to death. She just keep popping back up.

I think it depends on the difficulty, mine get killed on a fairly regular basis on Master. Some monsters will leave them on the ground and others will finish them off.[/quote]

My companion got bounced by a giant(you know what I mean by bounced) and I finished the giant off by myself. 5 secs later, someone bitch came running at me. I got ready to strike and it turned out to be my companion.

They’re damn near immortal.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

I think it depends on the difficulty, mine get killed on a fairly regular basis on Master. Some monsters will leave them on the ground and others will finish them off.[/quote]

My companion got bounced by a giant(you know what I mean by bounced) and I finished the giant off by myself. 5 secs later, someone bitch came running at me. I got ready to strike and it turned out to be my companion.

They’re damn near immortal.[/quote]

Alright how did you kill the Giant?

Fuckers are slow but one hit and your bounced

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

Fuckers are slow but one hit and your bounced[/quote]

Sneak until they’re in Arrow range. Pop a few arrows at them. Once they come your way, manuever yourself in a good position where you can run with with ease (no rocks on the ground to block you). Stick and move. And I mean MOVE! You hit him once(NO power attacks), then sprint away. If you have to sprint off a ledge to survive, do it.

They’re attacks are slow, but they move hella fast for big men.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

Sneak until they’re in Arrow range. Pop a few arrows at them. Once they come your way, manuever yourself in a good position where you can run with with ease (no rocks on the ground to block you). Stick and move. And I mean MOVE! You hit him once(NO power attacks), then sprint away. If you have to sprint off a ledge to survive, do it.

They’re attacks are slow, but they move hella fast for big men.[/quote]

That was going to be my attack if ever needed.

I just run away right now, or lead them off if they are around something I want.

Have you seen the one without a mammoth just walking by the road?

I wonder if it is like Fallout and you can friend him?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

What do you get for the effort?

When I’m working I get paid.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

You can also run into a body of water and submerge your head(to break eye contact), the giant will turn away, sneak to the edge of the water, shoot(2x damage i think), jump back into water…repeat.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

What do you get for the effort?

When I’m working I get paid.[/quote]

They have a lot of hides, good ones like bear and sabre cats.

Speaking of water, do the fish attack you?

If so, do they do any damage.

I was cutting across open water on the “put the light house fire out quest” and they kept darting by but I never got attacked.

Anybody kill a wooly yet?

By Wooly you mean mammoth?

The Giants drop decent items. Plus its good to know how to kill a giant.

Also, for all the warriors out there. Don’t be ashamed in using poison or enchanting your weapons. Sneak behind enemies, shoot them from a distance wit arrows, or bullrush them with a Sword covered in Frost Bite Poison.

Use everything at your disposal.

Being a warrior is definitely not as easy as I thought it’d be.

@kaiser - yes sir!

[quote]solidkhalid wrote:
Being a warrior is definitely not as easy as I thought it’d be.

@kaiser - yes sir![/quote]

Details! Sword and Shield? Two handed Weapon? Dual Wielding(which is queer).

Alright guys, is anyone playing it on pc? I generally prefer games like this on pc(compared to console) but I wanted to see if anyone has any comments before I went through with the purchase. Im guessing there is a xbox 360 version?

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:
Alright guys, is anyone playing it on pc? I generally prefer games like this on pc(compared to console) but I wanted to see if anyone has any comments before I went through with the purchase. Im guessing there is a xbox 360 version?[/quote]

Xbox 360 ps3 version etc… The problem i see with playing it on a pc is 1) Not sure if your graphics card can take it

2 and Most importantly) Due to the size, amount of items, options, possible outcomes etc. i’m not sure how smooth skyrim would run on pc. If it does, it seems to me it would take up a hell of a lot of memory, probably something more than the civilization games

Also, not sure how i missed this thread, most likely because i was playing skyrim… oh the irony

I can kill giants in one hit if i stealth them w/ my upgraded enchanted elvish dagger. I went toe to toe with one and won by constantly circling it as i attacked, though i had to pot up once. I was level 21 or so when i did it.

Mammoths are a little easier to kill than giants (IMO).

Dragons, at least the random encounter ones, seem almost too easy. I have yet to even have to potion while fighting a dragon than i random encountered.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
I can kill giants in one hit if i stealth them w/ my upgraded enchanted elvish dagger.
encountered.[/quote]

Whhaaaaaa. Explanation needed.

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:
Alright guys, is anyone playing it on pc? I generally prefer games like this on pc(compared to console) but I wanted to see if anyone has any comments before I went through with the purchase. Im guessing there is a xbox 360 version?[/quote]

Xbox 360 ps3 version etc… The problem i see with playing it on a pc is 1) Not sure if your graphics card can take it

2 and Most importantly) Due to the size, amount of items, options, possible outcomes etc. i’m not sure how smooth skyrim would run on pc. If it does, it seems to me it would take up a hell of a lot of memory, probably something more than the civilization games

Also, not sure how i missed this thread, most likely because i was playing skyrim… oh the irony[/quote]

Damn I just bought it out off of Steam out of impatience. I know my graphics card can take it but as far as memory, not sure. I already have Fallout 3 and 2 Europa Universalis games on my computer. But doesnt Steam use Cloud tech and doesnt that change how it stores on your pc?

First,

Dual wielding flames is gay, but should be called Frost Troll Spray. If I only had a rape whistle, actually I do and its called Etherial shout or some shit…

Second,

I’ll just leave this here:

Regards,

Robert A