The Effects of GABA?

Anyone know the effects of GABA on the CNS?

Its an inhibitory neurotransmitter so it should lead to relaxation.

Interestingly enough, high doses of this stuff makes me feel like I am going to suffocate. I hate it.

I used it when I was working 3rd shift…it knocked me out cold. No really bad side effects except for some weird dreams

I tried it a few times.

It knocked me out at night. The problem was it was so effective the effects continued into the next day. I had trouble waking up and felt like I was in a mental fog all day, even when I had multiple cups of coffee.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:

Interestingly enough, high doses of this stuff makes me feel like I am going to suffocate. I hate it.[/quote]

Oh man, same thing happaned to me, I thought I was the only one. I tried it a couple times, years ago to improve sleep quality and I was crawling out of my skin. Felt like I was gonna die or something. I had to get up and pace around for hours till it wore off. Felt like I couldn’t breathe. What the hell was that?

[quote]as wrote:
NewDamage wrote:

Interestingly enough, high doses of this stuff makes me feel like I am going to suffocate. I hate it.

Oh man, same thing happaned to me, I thought I was the only one. I tried it a couple times, years ago to improve sleep quality and I was crawling out of my skin. Felt like I was gonna die or something. I had to get up and pace around for hours till it wore off. Felt like I couldn’t breathe. What the hell was that?[/quote]

anxiety induced panic attack. i get the same thing with high doses… now ill only take about 300 mg before bed

I’ve ventured up to 3-3.5g before bed. I also get the feeling of heavy breathing but only when lying down. I felt like I was stoned on it minus the laughing and munchies. lol

I’ve also stacked 1.5g GABA, 3mg Melatonin, 50mg 5-HTP and that will knock you on your ass. Better than Nyquil or Benadryl IMO. Haven’t tried Z12 yet so I can’t compare.

DG

[quote]duddy wrote:
as wrote:
NewDamage wrote:

Oh man, same thing happaned to me, I thought I was the only one. I tried it a couple times, years ago to improve sleep quality and I was crawling out of my skin. Felt like I was gonna die or something. I had to get up and pace around for hours till it wore off. Felt like I couldn’t breathe. What the hell was that?

anxiety induced panic attack. i get the same thing with high doses… now ill only take about 300 mg before bed[/quote]

Not doubting you, but can you explain the mechanism behind why every time I took GABA I would get a panic induced anxiety attack? Is it doing something to my brain chemistry to cause this?

Gaba is a normal function in the brain. Its function is very similar to seritonin.It was first used and still used for the recovering alcoholic to ease withdrawels.It stimulates the production of the homone meletonin.

Thats were you get the hgh release i’ve found lowering the dose is affective to reducing the side effects but the best s when i make sure that im fully ready to go to bed lights out and tv off i believe the panic sets in because when high doses are usually released is when your already a sleep. I could be wrong though

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Panic attack? I don’t think so. GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, so it won’t cause panic.

The respiratory issues and the ‘skin crawling’ are just the side effects of an overdose.

Simple solution: take less.

BBB[/quote]

Thanks Bushy that’s what I thought, but I will never try it again, felt like I was gonna die lol. I remembering lowering the dose and still got the same sides.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Panic attack? I don’t think so. GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, so it won’t cause panic.

The respiratory issues and the ‘skin crawling’ are just the side effects of an overdose.

Simple solution: take less.

BBB[/quote]

I still get it. Feeling like i cant breathe gives me a panic attack. (im anxiety prone)

I tried this stuff a few years ago. I was woken up twice a couple hours into sleep after taking the GABA. I felt like I had been asleep for a hundred years and could not get my bearings or think clearly at all. It was almost like dreams were mixing with reality.

Strange. I swear I was not mixing it with anythig illicit.

i’ve heard of people taking this before a workout since it increases hgh.

Wouldn’t GABA a relaxing supplement be bad for workout intensity?

Anyone have any experiences with this?

The feeling of breathlessness is a momentary side effect and verry common with doses OVER 2000 mg. If you keep your dose under that limit, and use Lysine,Meletonin and GABA with L-Arginine, you will have better results.

I workout in the evenings during the week. Big lifts get my system all jacked up after, leading to very restless sleep. 1.5-2.5 g GABA and a couple Z12 - Good, deep sleep. One of my favorites to insure good rest/recovery.

Feeling my scalp crawing to kind cool too.