The Effects of Beer...

[quote]bomberlow wrote:
Mmm Beer! Proper beer that is, not your rat piss American stuff :wink: Beer, damn making myself thirsty! [/quote]

aw man, lets not start another beer fight. American microbrews are verrrrrrrry good. Try not to judge us just on bud/miller/coors

Belgian company Interbrew bought most of the major beer companies here in south eastern region of Europe. Other were bought by Heiniken etc
 They systematically destroyed unique local brews and introduced crap like Stella Artois, Tuborg and alike. They also, through long heavy marketing campaign involving saggy soccer fans (duh!!!), forced everybody to believe that we are beer drinking nation which, for a mediteranean country (talking about Croatia now, where I’m at) is just plain wrong. Now everybody guzzles nasty potato alcohol cold piss called Stella or Tuborg, while our wine makers actually live from western European and U.S. tourists streaming in for some quality drink sensation. Go figure

I say: avoid commercial mass produced liquor of any kind, especially fashionable artificial stuff in funky colors, cool bottles and with over-done commercials (stella artois, becks, carlsberg, corona, smirnoff, martini
).

Be scientific, it is your body after all.

Do your homework and learn about alcohol mechanisms in your body, how it affects your short term memory, lowers the T, burns your minerals and vitamins and finally - affects your liver. Learn what hang-over really is and how to avoid it altogether after the night of heavy drinking. Find nutrition facts about anything you drink and just do the math. After all that you’ll be able to know “bad” liquor from “good”, booze from VSOP, brewed beer from potato cold piss.

Trust me, you’ll be a smarter man. Plus, next time you go out, you’ll maybe order a glass of red wine instead of some Duff-alike beer, do some good to your heart and blood in the process, and be ready for the next day at the squat rack.

[quote]frisbee wrote:
bomberlow wrote:
Mmm Beer! Proper beer that is, not your rat piss American stuff :wink: Beer, damn making myself thirsty!

aw man, lets not start another beer fight. American microbrews are verrrrrrrry good. Try not to judge us just on bud/miller/coors[/quote]

Agreed

[quote]frisbee wrote:
bomberlow wrote:
Mmm Beer! Proper beer that is, not your rat piss American stuff :wink: Beer, damn making myself thirsty!

aw man, lets not start another beer fight. American microbrews are verrrrrrrry good. Try not to judge us just on bud/miller/coors[/quote]

This is also like saying all aussie beer tastes like Fosters.

[quote]frisbee wrote:
bomberlow wrote:

Call me uncouth, but I like budweiser

[quote]ZEB wrote:
A six pack might stop you from obtaining a six pack.[/quote]

Zeb, if you drop the bar after a clean in an empty gym, does it make a noise?

:wink:

[quote]bomberlow wrote:
Mmm Beer! Proper beer that is, not your rat piss American stuff :wink: It’s all about moderation. Do a google search on the health benefits of beer, you’ll be surprised. I would never sacrifice a cold pint of Stella Artois for anything oh and the German Weiss beer, Guiness, Leffe Belgian Beer, damn making myself thirsty! [/quote]

stella artois,the best!! but, don’t forget samuel smiths. if a guy can’t work work out and drink some beer, what’s the point of it all.

I really think weekend drinking is not as detrimental to goals as some make it out to be. It’s obviously less of an issue when maintaining and training for strength than when making body composition changes for the simple reason that empty calories make it harder to maintain all your hard-earned mucle (much less build a little) when losing fat and make it harder to minimize fat gain when bulking. But some drinking still certainly doesn’t preclude excellent progress.

Beer in moderation is ok, just like everyone here said.

Btw, fuck off with the American beer insults. Your opinion on beer that we don’t have in this country does not mean shit, ok?

beer sucks, it will really hurt your gains. it did mine.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:

Btw, fuck off with the American beer insults. Your opinion on beer that we don’t have in this country does not mean shit, ok? [/quote]

keep your knickers on mate, a wink after a statement usually concludes i’m taking the mickey i.e not being serious.

[quote]bomberlow wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:

Btw, fuck off with the American beer insults. Your opinion on beer that we don’t have in this country does not mean shit, ok?

keep your knickers on mate, a wink after a statement usually concludes i’m taking the mickey i.e not being serious. [/quote]

That’s not to say you aren’t absolutely right, bomberlow.

Well I personaly love Karlovacko
 Our home beer
And ther’s offcourse Ozujsko HAHAH

Beer is very dangerous. In fact, the FDA is thinking of stepping in to help people realise the dangers involved:

NEW LIQUOR WARNING LABELS

Due to increasing products liability litigation, American liquor
manufacturers have accepted the FDA’s suggestion that the following
warning labels be placed immediately on all varieties of alcohol
containers:

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are
whispering when you are not.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a
retard.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell your friends
over and over again that you love them.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think you can sing.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that
ex-lovers are really dying for you to telephone them at four in the
morning.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you can logically
converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are
tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are
laughing WITH you.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may be a major factor in getting
your ass kicked.

WARNING: the crumsumpten of alcahol may macke you tihnk you can tipe
real gode.

More stuff here about the dangers of beer:

[quote]Miserere wrote:
;-)[/quote]

LOL :slight_smile: and let’s all not forget, Beer has been helping ugly chicks get laid since 1492!

[quote]bomberlow wrote:
Miserere wrote:

LOL :slight_smile: and let’s all not forget, Beer has been helping ugly chicks get laid since 1492!
[/quote]

Right when Columbus showed up.

[quote]tjd772 wrote:
frisbee wrote:
bomberlow wrote:

aw man, lets not start another beer fight. American microbrews are verrrrrrrry good. Try not to judge us just on bud/miller/coors

Call me uncouth, but I like budweiser
[/quote]

uncouth

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
bomberlow wrote:
Miserere wrote:

Right when Columbus showed up.[/quote]

Before that