The Dude's 10x3 FFL Log

welcome back… anxiously awaiting your continued progress!!

Yes lets see some action in the weightroom. You inspired me to try 10x3 FFL also, I’m on week 2, I need to get inspired by the dude :smiley:

cant wait to see your progress Dude. Keep up the good work.

Yesterday’s Workout

My schedule after work was changed a bit, so I didn’t do a 10x3 workout. Instead, I did another Litvinov. Good stuff.

equipment - 2, 40 lb dumbbells

Set 1
10 clean and press
jogged .5 mile (too long)
10 front squats
jogged .2 mile

Set 2
10 clean and press
jogged .2 mile
10 front squats
jogged .2 mile

Set 3
10 clean and press
jogged .2 mile
10 front squats
jogged .2 mile

This was a draining workout. Not so much from the lifting, but from the running. Reminds me of how out-of-shape I really am.

Wednesday and Friday will be a 10x3 workout.

In other news, after April is done, I will do Rippetoe for four weeks then switch to Bill Starr Intermediate or Stronglifts Advanced. They’re essentially the same. I have to see which program has a better spreadsheet.

We were about to send out search parties for you. Glad to see that you’re back.

Yesterday’s [ouch] Workout [ouch]

Perhaps having 2.5-3 weeks off was not a good idea.

bench - 5x3x225
2x3x205
3x3x185

squat - 10x3x255

deadlift - 10x3x275

chins - 10x3xbw

bw = 240 (from Monday)

Well this workout sucked. I felt weak and really exhausted. The whole workout beat me up. The rest between sets is 45, but it felt more like 20. The only one that really didn’t give me trouble were the chins. My hands were sore, but I wasn’t dripping like the other exercises. I also didn’t do the bike riding after. Oops. Boy am I sore. I think everything except my ears are feeling it. That means tomorrow will be extra special.

Good job!
Tomorrow is ropejumping time :smiley:

I’m not so fond of jump roping. The last two times I did it, my calves were severely cramped for several days. Is there a limit to how much one should weigh?

Actually, I’m going to do the other weight training session tomorrow. My plan has been Monday & Friday.

man… HIIT shit.

not sure what you mean by that

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
not sure what you mean by that[/quote]

I think it involves the use of 2 or more toilets and a lot of TP.

[quote]CthruPants wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:
not sure what you mean by that

I think it involves the use of 2 or more toilets and a lot of TP.[/quote]

LOL I’ve never had to poop so much that it was a workout.

Yesterday’s [ouch] Workout [ouch]

Perhaps having 2.5-3 weeks off was not a good idea.

bench - 5x3x225
2x3x205
3x3x185

squat - 10x3x255

deadlift - 10x3x275

chins - 10x3xbw

bw = 240 (from Monday)

Well this workout sucked. I felt weak and really exhausted. The whole workout beat me up. The rest between sets is 45, but it felt more like 20. The only one that really didn’t give me trouble were the chins. My hands were sore, but I wasn’t dripping like the other exercises. I also didn’t do the bike riding after. Oops. Boy am I sore. I think everything except my ears are feeling it. That means tomorrow will be extra special.[/quote]

Those that play must always pay - Ouch, Ouch!

Hey, did anyone read Berardi’s recent article about G-Flex? I’m curious to know what others feel about working out daily, and maybe even multiple times per day, if the workout is part of a planned workout schedule.

Friday’s Workout

hack squats - 10x3x225

barbell rows - 10x3x215

romanian dls - 10x3x225

military press - 10x3x145

cardio - jogged 1 mile

Hack squats absolutely suck. If anyone has a way to improve my form, please let me know. I scratched/scraped/gouged the back of my legs and calves. The exercise itself was not difficult, the pain was from the bar. I’m going to replace those with overhead squats next time. First time I ever did Romanian deadlifts. I probably could have done a little more.

I know a jog does not replace the walk/sprint, but I had a good sweat going. I don’t think my cardio is up to par to be doing 10 mins of interval running.

Hack squats absolutely suck. If anyone has a way to improve my form, please let me know. I scratched/scraped/gouged the back of my legs and calves. The exercise itself was not difficult, the pain was from the bar.[/quote]

Sounds like you might be leaning forward a little and putting the weight on the balls of your feet. You really have to focus on pushing up with the weight on your heels.

I am assuming you are wearing pants and not shorts when doing hack squats?

Then again, you can always view the scrapes as badges of honor.

thats what i meant.

though i never thought about a toilet and TP workout. but im sure the reason i had strong abs when i started out was due to the poops ive had in the past. (flex and hold for 938 seconds)

[quote]CthruPants wrote:
Sounds like you might be leaning forward a little and putting the weight on the balls of your feet. You really have to focus on pushing up with the weight on your heels.

I am assuming you are wearing pants and not shorts when doing hack squats?

Then again, you can always view the scrapes as badges of honor.[/quote]

That most likely is true. The tendency is to lean forward because the sensation is falling backward.

I only wear shorts. I think pants would have helped.

Today’s Workout

decline bench - 10x3x225

front squat - 10x3x255

deadlifts - 5x3x275
5x3x205

chins - 10x3xbw

bw = 243.6 (this morning)

jogged 1 mile

walked another mile later on

Hmmmmm. Interesting. I’m on a fat loss program but gained almost 4 pounds. I didn’t keep track of my cals over the weekend, but I didn’t eat that much. I find it humorous the number of members that have trouble gaining weight. I look at celery and gain a pound. Oh well. Keep on truckin’.

The workout went well, except for the fact that I was totally drained. Five seconds isn’t a lot of time. It is an eternity when going from 45-40 seconds though. My shirt was soaked. I pussed out on the deadlifts and went lighter. I was whooped. I jogged my mile when I got home. My pace was less than stellar. A little head wind felt like a hurricane.

There really is nothing better than a Spring day in Michigan. High 60-63 today. Might as well have been 80. Broke out the shorts, and the family went for a NEPA walk after dinner. Dinner was chicken kabobs with mushrooms and green pepper. My grill has been in hibernation all winter. Yes I could have filled my tank and used it in the snow, but that just sucks.

Anyway, I need to pay close attention to my eating if I want to start looking good for summer. That and increase my daily activity level.

Hmmmmm. Interesting. I’m on a fat loss program but gained almost 4 pounds. I didn’t keep track of my cals over the weekend, but I didn’t eat that much.

Anyway, I need to pay close attention to my eating if I want to start looking good for summer. That and increase my daily activity level.[/quote]

Post your diet. Maybe we can help.

Hmmmmm. Interesting. I’m on a fat loss program but gained almost 4 pounds. I didn’t keep track of my cals over the weekend, but I didn’t eat that much. I find it humorous the number of members that have trouble gaining weight. I look at celery and gain a pound. Oh well. Keep on truckin’.

The workout went well, except for the fact that I was totally drained. Five seconds isn’t a lot of time. It is an eternity when going from 45-40 seconds though. My shirt was soaked.[/quote]

I would say if you’re working this hard at the weights and your lifts are going up then you’re prob gonna be adding muscle, so I wouldn’t worry about the 4lbs. That said, you obviously want to lose the excess fat too, so I thnk adding some more NEPA and cardio stuff will help.

Yeah I second the request to post your current diet. I find if I’m needing to refocus where food is concerned, then doing a weeks food log helps me to see exactly whats going on. There’s something about having it all written down in front of you that helps much more than thinking ‘I didn’t eat that much, where am I going wrong’.