The Duce's Challenge Log 2017

Awesome physique man, you have built quite the mountain on your shoulders! Traps are the new abs and your abs are coming out to play very quickly.

I Hit an ugly 90 kg power snatch this morning.

4 Likes

Haircut

AHA! probably, but I’ll take it. Considering I’m still getting over 3000 calories some days, half a pound a week is great.

Well, my back has painfully knotted up on me after doing some snatches yesterday. I’m having to make some more training adjustments and really deload my lower back. Nothing feels pulled so I don’t think it will be too long to be back at that. In the mean time… TO THE SLED! I’ll keep plugging away and the added volume of lower weights should help me get my calorie deficit up a bit.

2 Likes

Anyone know what this thing in my leg is?

First time seeing vascularuty in my quads. Kinda interesting. Vascularity PR.

3 Likes

Pic taken while :poop:

2 Likes

lol. Close. I am sitting on a toilet, but I was running a hot bath questioning my life choices after a high rep leg workout.

1 Like

This, every damn time…

1 Like

My back hasn’t been happy. Had to really completely de-load it for now. Heavy sled so far seems to be the least aggravating thing.

Traveling all last week and through the weekend, so I didn’t get my regular progress picks. Weight hasn’t been changing much, but I’d definitely getting more vascular (picture is of my less-vascular side). I’ve really just now started ramping up my activity level so I should have plenty of diet/activity to progress on.

Weight has been about 189 most of the week, but it was 190 this morning.

2 Likes

I weighed in at 188.0 this morning. I am now officially lighter than I ever got when I leaned out at 30 and am now the lightest I’ve been for almost 15 years, since I was in college.

2 Likes

Congrats man! I’m excited to reach that point as well, although I’m still about 10lbs away from that territory.

I might have missed it somewhere, but how tall are you?

A little over 5-10. I have a pretty small structure and I always feel like I look filled out pretty well for my height and weight.

2 Likes

187.6 this morning. Right now I’m wondering what it’s going to take to start seeing some real definition in my quads. My medialis on both sides already has some decent vascularity.

I’d been pushing my frequency and volume pretty hard and it was catching up with me. My back was aggravated and it got tight. Then my right knee started to ache and my right hamstring got sore and tight. Probably all linked. My right shoulder (that I’ve been struggling with for a while) was also getting worse.

So this past week has all been very light, pretty high intensity with low volume. For example my last leg workout I did high bar ATG squats at 40 KG for 1 set of 75 (this was awful and I totally chickened out on getting to 100 reps) with 1 set of 42 reps on ham curls and a set of 51 reps on some glue bridges. Basically just 3 very hard total sets for the workout.

Glad to say everything seems to be on the mend and I’ll cautiously start moving some more weight this week.

1 Like

186.6 down right at 10 pounds.

5 Likes

Looking good man, shredding up!

Do you even rear delt? So, I’ve been working on my rear delts…

2 Likes

I think you found them! :heart_eyes:

1 Like