The Dreamers, DACA and Immigration

You realize he’s saying YOUR view of “if you want taxes raised you should be paying more first” is the dumb rejoinder, right?

Why should I be forced to do something you are not willing to do? You want the government to have more money, give it more.

Like immigration control when you’re subsidizing the illegal I’m migration industry?!?!?

IMG_1796

1 Like

It’s kind of amusing to see Republicans - the party of small government, personal freedoms and liberty - throw their hands up and say “Hey, you can’t expect ME to do anything about illegal immigration, we need the GOVERNMENT to take care of it for us.”

2 Likes

Don’t forget the party of the free market.

I actually don’t really mind either side of the illegal immigration debate, as its pretty damn easy to understand both sides of the coin, I just wish we’d get some goddamn consistency.

Hence the populism fracture in the party.

Both parties are consistently hypocritical, so they at least have that going for them.

Reminds me of Jack Sparrow in the first pirate movie. You can always trust a liar to lie.

2 Likes

I agree with the sentiment, particularly because Republican’s have completed lost their way in regards to what you listed, but it’s not like Republican’s can just round up the illegals and deport them on their own or build their own wall / patrol the southern border.

The government would throw them in jail… What other recourse do they have other than to expect/demand the government protect our sovereignty? Revolt, I guess…

The members of both sides who have made it about identity politics, and Trump is not innocent in that regard, are running things.

I’m wondering if anyone has thoughts on why federal judges rule that Trump has less authority to end DACA than Obama did to start it. I’m no lawyer but it boggles my mind.

Especially considering:
–Obama was on shaky ground to do it in the first place.
–The very name of the program indicates that it is temporary. Deferred means action will take place later.

What this is missing is the whole “rule of law” sentiment among some Republicans. Why do some people get to just straight up ignore laws without consequence?

You will note that when groups like the minute men grab rifles and man the border they are considered racist vigilante jerks (and breaking about a dozen laws themselves). I don’t think expecting the government to make at least an attempt to enforce the laws they wrote as inconsistent with wanting a limited role for government.

2 Likes

Imo it would go a long way if Republicans could at least pretend to be concerned about the companies hiring the illegal’s half as much as the illegals themselves.

Would make them look less like the dicks deporting 5 yr olds and more like the people enforcing the law

1 Like

We’ve agreed on this, what 5 times now? But don’t pretend like it’s only Reps that let the companies slide. Napa is just full of wine tours given by soft spoken liberals in pleated khakis, while the illegals work the fields.

The businesses buy off both parties so they can keep on exploiting those brownish people.

Agreed. But your comment was more geared at them “enforcing the law” or at least putting that out as the main reason for all of this. It’s hard to feed America that lie when it’s so blatant.

Edit: guess what I’m saying is the reason they aren’t pushing the “rule of law” sentiment is they might actually be stuck enforcing the law, and they have no intention of doing that.

You are describing the gulf between the voters and the politicians. I’m sure the great majority of all voters would like to see a crackdown on businesses that exploit illegals. There are laws already on the books with huge penalties for offending businesses. Yet that will never happen with our current status quo.

People wonder where the “anti-establishment” sentiment is coming from on both sides.

I don’t think most people genuinely care that much. If they do they’re super shitty at making their voice heard.

I don’t think theres much mystery around where it’s coming from, just a lot of mystery as to how that camp lached onto Trump so powerfully.

Anti establishment people voting for a man who symbolizes and embodies the establishment. Because fuck logic

Because anti-establishment does not mean anti-authoritarian. Usually, it means the opposite.

Okay, tell me what should I do?

You should do whatever you want. I’m not your mom lol

This happens at the state level. It’s outside the Feds control. And in my state, it is illegal to hire illegals. And it has worked a great deal. It has reduced the number here…